over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off Topic:

bigbadasian

Slant-eyed mutha fucka
Registered
|--[\\\]>--------- Anyone, pls. give me your opinion on this: I have a 2000 R1 bike. the thing looks fantastic and now runs pretty good. just got a valve adjustment, carb sink, new tires, after market pipe, all in all a great bike. i baught it for pretty cheap mths ago ($3500) i looked it up on KBB and it says $6000 excellent cond. but if i were to sell it, i'd ask $5000 obo, now here is my question, my machanic said there MAY be a crank noise, which means i MAY need a new motor soon, well this is not cheap, do you think i should A) dump the bike and get a new one..but means i have to spend at least $4500 to get a newer bike and a bike in better condition or B) spend the money on a new motor which would prob. be around $3K? another question, there are TONS of bikes in the cycle trader mag. here in town, do you think it would be absurd to call these ppl with ads and ask if they want to trade straight up for my bike even though they are trying to sell their bike? all opinions welcome..thanks!

This is just my thoughts and not to be taken personaly. Now if you know the bike has crank problems why do you want to dump that problem on someone else, its your bike and your problem. Now if you make that know at the time of sale thats different. Now most people dont do that. I bought a car once and it ran great but the sell didnt tell me that it burned 2 quarts of oil a week. I spent 10 grand and got a piece of shit car. So what am i saying in all this fix the bike and get a new motor or make it know to the seller that it has problems. I wouldnt pay 5 grand for a bike with a crank problems. imo

|--[\\\\]>-------- Oh i would never do that to s'one, i would tell them...BUT, it isnt positive that there is a crank problem, only a few opinions that there COULD be...do you know how much it costs for a new motor?

i would at least give it a try...it cant hurt...plus R1's are super popular bikes. i think there is a good chance someone would at least consider it.

some more adivice

Another thing you can try to do is find a bike that was totaled and try to get the motor out of that. Most times they sell those bikes real cheap and the motor is in good shape. Just another idea.

I dont see why you need a new motor and they just cant put a new crank and cams in for you, you should be able to fix that problem and not have to get a new motor. You should be able to just rebuild you current motor and that your cheapest bet.

Bro a 2000 R1 make 128 Rwhp and its carb...

2003+ and newer bikes are so much more powerful and better its not funny...
And their all injection too,lighter,better brake power,slipper clutch...

Even a 2005 600cc could go on with your R1.

My Friend got a 2004 Suzuki GSX-R750 and he KILLED 1998-2003 R1...

The 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636CC is putting ou 110rwhp!

If your set on getting a liter bike Get a 2004+ Bikes,they put out insane power are lighter and more compact... were talking 155-160 rwhp!!! At 370 pound... Crazzzy

|--[\\\]>--------- well after talking to a few ppl today, i have deicded to just rebuild the motor that i have when the time comes, the $ i spend on getting a new 'used' bike, i might as well build my motor up b/c it'll cost just as much or less, the rest of my bike is great, color, look, everything about this R1 is nice!

I personally would sell the bike...you have more things to factor in there...tranny, clutch, bearings, etc., etc.

I owned a 1998 R1, 2002 f4i, and now a 2002 954rr....the R1 had some real power and dynoed 130 to the rear wheel and the F4i was 102 with mods. I havent dynoed the 954. The f4i had better reliability and fuel-injection. I will not buy an older bike if its not atleast FI. Any bike owner that has owned both will tell ya they wouldnt go back to carburated.

I would sell it and just look for a deal.....Bikes are a luxury item really and some people get strapped and just let them go. for example, a buddy just bought a mint red/black 2002 GSXR 1000 with mods and 6000 miles for 5k because the guy was having a baby. I paid 5200 for mine 6 months and it was mint had no scratches. With the 3k you were going to put in it you could get a lot. For example you could pick up a 2003 or so GSXR 750 which is about equivalent and you would be happier. Sell it and go fuel injection.

I saw a great deal at the dealer on friday a 2002 superhawk with 100 miles its a left over for 5k. Thats pretty cheap it was brand new. Im thinking about seling my bike and getting the same bike just the brand new one. I have an 02 but the o6 its fuel injected and has more power

I would trade it in for a new one. Like MAtt said the newer ones with the injection system are badass. I have a 96 Kawasaki Zx-7R. I love Ninjas for some reason, I've toyed with the idea of a new one and I know they better but I really like the fit and body style of my bike. Plus I can pick it up by myself and get it in the back of the truck if it brakes down. I have to replace all the tank and all fiberglass. I'm thinking of putting sharks skins on it and tweaking it all out or selling it and buying a new one. I could make enough for a down payment. The one thing I know is before I even get on it to break it in it will be done in custom paint.

Trade to the dealership. It's been my experience that guys with rockets tend to beat the ever loving piss out of them.
I guess that's why I haven't gotten rid of my Harley. It's a sound bike, and i don't have to deal with getting a new one. Plus, chicks love the 600lb vibrator.

|--[\\\]>-------- hmmm....found a guy today who likes the older R1's lke mine, he has a 2002 GSXR750 and wants to trade straight up...hmmm...what to do, what to do...

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear