over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Offered a guy a job and he turned it down

Unemployment benefits come out your check for the amount of time that you are working. If you get laid-off and get unemployment you are only getting the money that you have already put in to it. That is nothing like welfare or bogus SSI claims!

Yeah we all put into it so you need it based on circumstance why not give it a go. But a formerly employed person being laid off and collecting is a different matter from a system leech who never put in anything to take out

But the state offers the same benefits. The majority of the work is in the city. People tend to live close to their work.

So if you lose your job, you probably shouldn't be demanding more money in welfare in order to be able to live in NYC. Might as well move out. For $400/week you can afford housing, food, and clothing relatively easily.

So if you lose your job, you probably shouldn't be demanding more money in welfare in order to be able to live in NYC. Might as well move out. For $400/week you can afford housing, food, and clothing relatively easily.

Welfare? Who's demanding more from welfare? How can you move if you just lost your job; a job where you were just getting by to begin with?
And in NY for every day that you work, they deduct $60-$65 from your weekly benefits. If you work over 3 or 4 days, you don't get a check that week. But then they send you all sorts of paperwork to fill out and they check with the employer. If you don't get that paperwork to them by a certain date, they cut you off til you do and they verify it. LOL.

If that is not enableing than what is. As for 90% of people in the program recieving govt money here. I'm not sure. The core group of guys I'm good friends are fairly succesful both in recovery and career wise. We bring a meeting and a meal down to the homeless shelter on every Sunday. There I will say that 90%+ are getting govt money. It's almost comical that toward the end of the month we will feed 200+ people. Right after the 1st we might see half that many.
I guess the best we can do is do our best to help those who really need it!

The 90% of the people in your group getting money probably need it. Society does not give second chances anymore. Even misdemeanors are preventing people from getting a decent job now days. Hey you play you pay. Unless you are rich dont see many rich people in jail. Just a thought. MM

Really? Is that why we spent TRILLIONS on unnecessary wars? Is that why big business execs get millions in BONUSES? Was that the reason for the artificial Real Estate/mortgage bubble? Anyways, that's neither here nor there as it is a straw-man as is the idea that unemployment insurance benefits are akin to welfare.

Did you see that I bolded one of many reasons? If you want to get down to it, all our issues (IMHO) stems from our disconnect with God and the principles laid out in the bible. Which would include greed = Real Estate/mortgage Sloth = welfare and so forth.
Now I know I've set off a fire storm with that statement. So we'll see if this thread stays open. It's ok if you disagree but please keep it cival.

The 90% of the people in your group getting money probably need it. Society does not give second chances anymore. Even misdemeanors are preventing people from getting a decent job now days. Hey you play you pay. Unless you are rich dont see many rich people in jail. Just a thought. MM

A guy I know filed for SSI to get a "crazy" check as its called. Well it took 8 months and during that 8 months he had to stay in a homeless shelter downtown specifically for psych cases and go see psych doctors and get evaluated and all that. Well he would work on the side for cash for a contractor who I was doing work for at the time so I got to know this guy and he really opened my eyes to whats going on.

From what he told me and from what I witnnessed I would agree that over 90% of people who are "homeless" are getting checks but the check is gone in a matter of days. Did it go to trying to get an apartment or trying to maybe even get a nice pair of clothes to try and get a job? No it was spent on cheap beer or wine and crack cocaine! For the first 2 or 3 days of each month its party time and the rest of the month they stand on the corner downtown asking a working guy if he's got a quarter!
Shit like that is definitely one of the reasons there are so many problems today.

Really ?

Lets say you'd have to work 40 hours to make 3k a month

or you DON'T need to work and you would get 2.5k from Unemployment

if you really would work in that situation then Kudos to you !!

I'm in early 20s, so I would get the money and have fun, go to school,travel, and party as well

I have this mentality that I don't like to have a boss telling me what to do :\

Another thing that nobody mentioned in this is the fact that in a case like that the person who is on unemployment then has all of his time to devote to looking for a new job wheras if he had taken the poor paying job he would slave all day at work and then by the time he gets home its too late to look for work. This is only true if the person was truly not lazy and would actually look hard for the job and had qualifications to get hired.

Another thing that nobody mentioned in this is the fact that in a case like that the person who is on unemployment then has all of his time to devote to looking for a new job wheras if he had taken the poor paying job he would slave all day at work and then by the time he gets home its too late to look for work. This is only true if the person was truly not lazy and would actually look hard for the job and had qualifications to get hired.

That is a good point and by no means would I fault anyone for that situation. My stepson lost his job a while back. My advise to him was that his fulltime job was to find a job 8-5 everyday. Did he take my advise?? Not at first. It took him a couple of months but once he went out and spent 5 straight days looking for a job he found one (with a little help :rolleyes:). Yes I would have hired him if we had the opening then. ;)

A guy I know filed for SSI to get a "crazy" check as its called. Well it took 8 months and during that 8 months he had to stay in a homeless shelter downtown specifically for psych cases and go see psych doctors and get evaluated and all that. Well he would work on the side for cash for a contractor who I was doing work for at the time so I got to know this guy and he really opened my eyes to whats going on.

From what he told me and from what I witnnessed I would agree that over 90% of people who are "homeless" are getting checks but the check is gone in a matter of days. Did it go to trying to get an apartment or trying to maybe even get a nice pair of clothes to try and get a job? No it was spent on cheap beer or wine and crack cocaine! For the first 2 or 3 days of each month its party time and the rest of the month they stand on the corner downtown asking a working guy if he's got a quarter!
Shit like that is definitely one of the reasons there are so many problems today.

That is true to you make a good point. I have seen that first hand as well. I agree with you on your point. Just alot of people get discouraged and sent right back into the downward spiral that made them depressed and drugs and booze to begin with. Everyone deserves a second chance. Society today is to quick to judge based on a mistake that they themselves might have done just didnt get caught. Happy holidays everyone..MM

Really ?

I'm in early 20s, so I would get the money and have fun, go to school,travel, and party as well

Early 20's mentality isn't very fucking smart at all...and you know what I've got every right to say that after making it through my 20's, I support myself and my family and if I lost my job, which has happened 3 yrs ago and took very little time to find another, mortgage, car payments, cc bills etc etc...I've gotta fucking work to do this unemployment helped but fun we cldnt live or for damn sure have any fucking fun...sure have fun now and please tell me how productive of a member of society are you going to be, if you finish school great but probably not, no experience so no one will hire you simply based on that, which means you will then want to be put on welfare, have 3 kids and continue the fucking hand out mentality while guys like myself bust my ass to provide not only for my family but yours as well....hope you don't but I've seen it, lived it and busted my ass to get here when early 20's is when I shld have taken care of business so I cld b hvg more fun now with my wife and kids ;)

judging to the max !

For MOST average american out there, you are a druggie and a muscular douche bag!

I'm not saying you are, but that's how people judge you

Ahhh, if I am and I offend you, sorry just being honest thr man

Your post most certainly reflect your age and immaturity. :cool:
it's majority of this generation..

Really? Is that why we spent TRILLIONS on unnecessary wars? Is that why big business execs get millions in BONUSES? Was that the reason for the artificial Real Estate/mortgage bubble? Anyways, that's neither here nor there as it is a straw-man as is the idea that unemployment insurance benefits are akin to welfare.

Bionic, cheers to you bro - hope to meet and have a beer one day brotha!

Did you see that I bolded one of many reasons? If you want to get down to it, all our issues (IMHO) stems from our disconnect with God and the principles laid out in the bible. Which would include greed = Real Estate/mortgage Sloth = welfare and so forth.
Now I know I've set off a fire storm with that statement. So we'll see if this thread stays open. It's ok if you disagree but please keep it cival.

I agree, there are a lot of biblical references that pertain to our world...the devil is a motherfucker...I pray we make it out of this soon...

It's ok if you disagree but please keep it cival.

I'm not sure where or if I offended you or was un-civil but it wasn't my intent. I can be passionate about things I believe in or know but I never mean or try to disrespect anyone. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to my opinion of your opinion. :D We're just talkin' here. :)

Bionic, cheers to you bro - hope to meet and have a beer one day brotha!

The feeling's mutual, brother!

So is the job still on offer?
what would i have to do ?
how much would i make ?
where is the location ??
let me know please
:D

Really ?

That's a very weak answer, you are obviously lazy. By the way, unemployment doesn't pay jack shit. Get a damn job, it's good for the mind.

I hate lazy people......I bet you love OBAMA

I would take any sort of freeby you can get from the government. They are giving the shit away to the scum of the earth, they may as well give me something free also.

I dont belive in working for wages that are not living wages.

The minimum wage is a joke, its an insult to Americans, Illegal Aliens are the only people who would work for such low wages.

Get what you can from the government, make extra income on the side.

Fuck working for such low wages and having taxes taken out of your check.

If the minimum wage was $20 an hour, it still would hardly be enough to live on.

I'm not sure where or if I offended you or was un-civil but it wasn't my intent. I can be passionate about things I believe in or know but I never mean or try to disrespect anyone. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to my opinion of your opinion. :D We're just talkin' here. :)

The feeling's mutual, brother!

Bionic
You didn't offend me. I was thinking my God refference would bring some opposing view points. Which is fine. Sometimes that subject can go south quick. I agree that our government is so jacked up, on both sides of the fence. They are all so consumed with their own self interests that the hard working guy in the middle gets the shaft.
Peace to you bro

I would take any sort of freeby you can get from the government. They are giving the shit away to the scum of the earth, they may as well give me something free also.
I dont belive in working for wages that are not living wages.

Tank no disrespect but I would not! I have had the opportuity and qaulified for food stamps when I 1st got sober. I wasn't making much but it was enough to survive. I would have made more getting disability, food stamps etc.. to start with. That was a place I didn't want to go.

The minimum wage is a joke, its an insult to Americans, Illegal Aliens are the only people who would work for such low wages.

Get what you can from the government, make extra income on the side.

Fuck working for such low wages and having taxes taken out of your check.

If the minimum wage was $20 an hour, it still would hardly be enough to live on.

This is why you can't buy any American made products anymore.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws