over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Offered a guy a job and he turned it down

The max benefits in NY is a bit over $400 p/w and that's if you don't get taxes taken out up front. This is impossible to live on here unless you live with parents or whatnot. But, it wouldn't make sense to take a job that would pay less.

walmart workers make about that or less and people wonder why poor people rather stay on welfare than get a degrading job at walmart or mcdonalds :rolleyes:

Well I completely disagree with collecting if you have an opportunity to make an honest living and provide for yourself. Me, I work full time (40hrs) and I'm doing close to 15 hours in school on top of that to better myself. I want to be able to provide for my family and be proud to say that I've earned everything i worked for. For the bottom feeders out there, I hope they enjoy like having absolutely nothing, because with that attitude you'll always be seen as a society's garbage.

Well I completely disagree with collecting if you have an opportunity to make an honest living and provide for yourself. Me, I work full time (40hrs) and I'm doing close to 15 hours in school on top of that to better myself. I want to be able to provide for my family and be proud to say that I've earned everything i worked for. For the bottom feeders out there, I hope they enjoy like having absolutely nothing, because with that attitude you'll always be seen as a society's garbage.

judging to the max !

For MOST average american out there, you are a druggie and a muscular douche bag!

I'm not saying you are, but that's how people judge you

The max benefits in NY is a bit over $400 p/w and that's if you don't get taxes taken out up front. This is impossible to live on here unless you live with parents or whatnot. But, it wouldn't make sense to take a job that would pay less.

If people are resourceful enough to get unemployment, they should be resourceful enough to apply for federal grants, scholarships, and financial to get more education to be a productive member of society. Trust me, the gov't will pay for the majority of your education and in most cases provide you with additional aid to cover living expenses.

walmart workers make about that or less and people wonder why poor people rather stay on welfare than get a degrading job at walmart or mcdonalds :rolleyes:

As long as it's legal, I don't think there is a such thing as a "degrading job." It's like the old saying, "There are no small jobs, only small people."
And I don't think that spending more time with your family, attending to put-off tasks or devoting time to training is a bad thing. UI, is YOUR $$$. You payed towards it and your allowance is based on how much you put in. That's what it's there for so if you can take your time and find an equal or better gig, then you're doing what it's designed for. My view is pragmatic and I don't see the point of making the same or less money just so you can feel superior to others that don't see things the way you do.

$400 per week isn't enough to live on? That's $20,800 per year.

Sad truth is its the American Way. Hardly anyone gets to success by hard work, but interpersonal connections and exploiting someone elses ignorance. Todays mantra is "hard work only makes you tired not paid." Don't believe me, look at your govenment reps, who after elected suddenly are worth millions upon millions. Its a travesty meanwhile average Joe is envious like "why cant I do that?" lol, you lack connections....period.

Sorry I don't subscribe to that theory. I have had great success from hard work (which I gave away to my addiction). I'm currently climbing back up from the depths of that addiction staying sober, building up a business that was on the brink of folding and helping others through hard work. Oh yea and busting ass in the gym :D I do believe that there are those (too many) that don't want to work hard. Unfortunately our society is more and more ok with it.

The quote I responded to was about NY, not NYC. BIG difference.

But the state offers the same benefits. The majority of the work is in the city. People tend to live close to their work.

Really ?

Lets say you'd have to work 40 hours to make 3k a month

or you DON'T need to work and you would get 2.5k from Unemployment

if you really would work in that situation then Kudos to you !!

I'm in early 20s, so I would get the money and have fun, go to school,travel, and party as well

I have this mentality that I don't like to have a boss telling me what to do :\

Yea really!!! I would choose to work no question!

I don't need kudos, it's just how I was raised! When I was in my early 20s I had 2 businesses and partying my ass off. Partying was not how I was raised and it was eventually my down fall.
I guess your thought process is why this country is in the situation it's in.
Damn our grandparents would be so disappointed.
The difference between this generation and the past is there too many hand outs now.

Yea really!!! I would choose to work no question!

I don't need kudos, it's just how I was raised! When I was in my early 20s I had 2 businesses and partying my ass off. Partying was not how I was raised and it was eventually my down fall.
I guess your thought process is why this country is in the situation it's in.
Damn our grandparents would be so disappointed.
The difference between this generation and the past is there too many hand outs now.

That is absolutely NOT why our country is in the shape it is in now. LOL! And UI is NOT a handout. You had to work and pay into it to receive it. It is YOUR $$$.

yup

:yeahthat:

:food-:mil

This post is in reference to renewlyf post just to clarify

Last edited:
That is absolutely NOT why our country is in the shape it is in now. LOL! And UI is NOT a handout. You had to work and pay into it to receive it. It is YOUR $$$.

The attitude that it's ok to take hand outs in place of working hard when you are able to work hard is exactly one of many reasons for our issues.

the make UI benefit is 240 per week in AZ. But throw in food stamps, free insurance and possible housing subsadies(sp?)
if you were a 2 adult household and 50% of your other living expenses were paid for by the government you could get by.
Mr Obama has gone to far with the handouts.
I did take unemployment benefits for the year I was unemployed and still currently receive food stamps and health insurance for my family but my family and I need the help.
I feel I am entitled to the benefits as other than that year I have always worked and paid my taxes.
There was a story about people receiving social security checks (about 30k yearly) that had net worths of 10mill+, and people were going crazy over it, even though they don't need the money it is still THEIR money, and they have the right to it.

The attitude that it's ok to take hand outs in place of working hard when you are able to work hard is exactly one of many reasons for our issues.

Really? Is that why we spent TRILLIONS on unnecessary wars? Is that why big business execs get millions in BONUSES? Was that the reason for the artificial Real Estate/mortgage bubble? Anyways, that's neither here nor there as it is a straw-man as is the idea that unemployment insurance benefits are akin to welfare.

Really? Is that why we spent TRILLIONS on unnecessary wars? Is that why big business execs get millions in BONUSES? Was that the reason for the artificial Real Estate/mortgage bubble? Anyways, that's neither here nor there as it is a straw-man as is the idea that unemployment insurance benefits are akin to welfare.

Unemployment benefits come out your check for the amount of time that you are working. If you get laid-off and get unemployment you are only getting the money that you have already put in to it. That is nothing like welfare or bogus SSI claims!

Unemployment benefits come out your check for the amount of time that you are working. If you get laid-off and get unemployment you are only getting the money that you have already put in to it. That is nothing like welfare or bogus SSI claims!

Are you agreeing with me because I'm agreeing with you. :p

This. Unemployment is not welfare. I took it fot a yr and a half after losing my job and completed my bachelors.I dont feel the least bit bad about it. I have taken in much less money than I have contributed.

If you et some part time work you declare what you made minus 50 bucks. They deduct that but you never make LESS for working. That is a fallacy. You will make at least 50 bucks more and your benefits can be extended as you havent used up your alotted money. voila...more incentive.

To the gent that spoke of 3500 a month unemployment...
I dont often post on PM as there are so many more people with more knowlegeof PED's than me so I read and learn, rather than just start typing thoughtlessly. It is wise to be at least a little informed on a topic before making ones self look foolish.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear