over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

offseason cardio

davd217

Registered
How much cardio does every1 do in the offseason? I'm currently doing 15minutes 5 days a week after training. Trying not to sacrifice muscle but also trying not to gain much fat neither. Diet is pretty clean as well maybe 2-3 cheat meals per week tops.

Im currently bulking... 3 days a week after training ill do 20-30 mins on the stepper at moderate intensity.. As far as cheat days.. Every 10 days ill not so much have a cheat day as a carb day... ill eat as much carbs and protein as i can from the time i wake until bed time, while keeping my fat intake lower than normal...

Remember what works for me may not work for you, and im sure there will be people here that disagree with my method.

I don't do cardio because it bores me. I should do 30min 3x week for my heart and metabolism. One day...one day...hahaha;)

I do cardio 4 times a week for 30 minutes. Trust me your not going to burn one pound of muscle if your eating enough calories. I laugh when guys say that there burning muscle when doing cardio.

I do a nice 20min power walk on the treadmill after every session in the offseason. So, 4-5 times a week.

I like to do about 4 or 5 times a week at about 25 minutes in the off season.

trying to gain lean mass

cardio on off days 3-4x per week

I do one the following:

tennis (about 1hr)
punching bag (about 30-45 min)
cardio w/weight vest (30-60 min)

I generally feel better when I do it... not to mention all the health benefits

I try to do an hour of cardio every day of the year, but in reality it is more like 30-45 minutes 3-4 days a week, an hour 1-2 times per week.. I am working on getting to that 60 min per day mark. New studies show that there are health benefits to doing that much cardio that cannot be gained from dieting alone. Intramuscular fat and visceral fat are only reduced by intense cardio according to the research.

I am still gaining muscle doing this much cardio, in fact, there is research supporting increased mitochondria from cardio, which can lead to increased muscle mass.
I keep it low impact, using the elliptical or weighted sled. I feel better mentally and physically the more cardio I do.

I have to shake my head when I see posts on getbig or other places where people say no need for cardio since the tren/t3/dnp/whatever does the trick for you. I'd say I don't even do the cardio for fat loss, it's just a side benefit. I'm in it for the health and good feeling I get afterwards.

Man o man, if I don't do cardio I won't be able to put enough food in me.

I try to do an hour of cardio every day of the year, but in reality it is more like 30-45 minutes 3-4 days a week, an hour 1-2 times per week.. I am working on getting to that 60 min per day mark. New studies show that there are health benefits to doing that much cardio that cannot be gained from dieting alone. Intramuscular fat and visceral fat are only reduced by intense cardio according to the research.

I am still gaining muscle doing this much cardio, in fact, there is research supporting increased mitochondria from cardio, which can lead to increased muscle mass.
I keep it low impact, using the elliptical or weighted sled. I feel better mentally and physically the more cardio I do.

I have to shake my head when I see posts on getbig or other places where people say no need for cardio since the tren/t3/dnp/whatever does the trick for you. I'd say I don't even do the cardio for fat loss, it's just a side benefit. I'm in it for the health and good feeling I get afterwards.

Wow major respect for that, i hate cardio but manage about 4 jouts z week. I gotta do more though i no. I fo more cardio when im bulking just to try and keep ghings healthy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

OVERRATED;) But, yes I do some in the offseason, 4 times a week for about 20 minutes. Gotta keep my cardiologist happy:D;)

None as of now. I hate cardio but I know one day my metabolism will want it along with my heart. For me when I start putting cardio into my training I love it after a few weeks. I feel better and can breath easier, its just the first few weeks of reintroducing it that I hate.

I will add cardio back in probably in a few weeks since its been going on a little over 2 months without it.

The screwed up thing is last offseason I did cardio religiously 5-6x a week in the offseason for 20-30 minutes and got fat and was out of shape lol. This year I do it maybe once every two weeks and am staying leaner than I ever have been and feel MUCH better. The main difference is I am not force feeding myself excess calories my body can't handle. I must admit though, cardio does have its health benefits and thats fine if you want to do it for that. Diet is still key though if you are looking at staying lean in the offseason or becoming a bloated mess.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear