over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Offseason Update

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm about 220 now.. decided to tighten things up in the offseason. Looking at competing in July this year.
As usual, all constructive criticism is welcome.

Attachments

• 2-22-11 220.0 001.jpg
    2-22-11 220.0 001.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 633
and back

Attachments

• 2-22-11 220.0 002.jpg
    2-22-11 220.0 002.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 629
Constructive criticism

I think the arms( whats going on there?), calvs,shoulders, quad sweep.........will prevent you from ever winning a big show. I think you getting heavy this off season was not a good idea and a waste of energy..........but its hard to tell from the pictures, they are kind of too far away..................you look lean.........at 220 you are bigger correct?

I think the arms( whats going on there?), calvs,shoulders, quad sweep.........will prevent you from ever winning a big show. I think you getting heavy this off season was not a good idea and a waste of energy..........but its hard to tell from the pictures, they are kind of too far away..................you look lean.........at 220 you are bigger correct?

That was constructive?

Yah, I have no illusions of ever winning a big show.. just doing this for fun :)

I'm definitely bigger now at 220.. here is a picture from last year at 219:

Attachments

• 219.0 3-4-10 001.JPG
    219.0 3-4-10 001.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 620
u pretty much have my goal physique u look great without being to big sick wheels to bro

u pretty much have my goal physique u look great without being to big sick wheels to bro

Thanks, I appreciate that. I used to think I wanted to get a lot bigger, but I think I'm getting close to where I want to be.

Damn Phil....some of your posts lately, causing me to lose a little respect for you.

OP, looking much thicker.

Yes

That was constructive?

I guess that means that I should not offer criticism of your physique on the other thread? hahahahhaha..........what about this attitude.......ok, I will work on my quad sweep, arms, shoulders and calvs and get BETTER......and then I will WIN..........is that not an option? If I dropped a pass in my football game, would I lose respect for my coach if he told me I dropped it? Should he not tell me to practive catching footballs?

Shelby, I see an overall thickness between the 219 and 220 pic. Especially your quads and better definition now too. Seems to me you had a productive offseason. It sure is great to be leaner though. I think you look great man. Being a lightweight guy this is the look I have been going for. Good job man.

Maybe you need to hire Phil to get a complement from him? Looking good and thick,cut it up some and you"ll look great!

Well

Maybe you need to hire Phil to get a complement from him? Looking good and thick,cut it up some and you"ll look great!

Oh man, is a compliment what you need? Shelbys a mentally tough dude, he knows whats up.......higher level bodybuilders know whats up......its about going out and doing it....getting it done and making the appropriate changes...this aint kindergarden man.........its professionalmuscle.

Phil, I honestly feel sorry for you. You tell it how it really is, put things in perspective, and you end up having to deal with all the emotional Sallys whining about it. Man, I didnt know so many people lived in Disneyland.

I guess that means that I should not offer criticism of your physique on the other thread? hahahahhaha..........what about this attitude.......ok, I will work on my quad sweep, arms, shoulders and calvs and get BETTER......and then I will WIN..........is that not an option? If I dropped a pass in my football game, would I lose respect for my coach if he told me I dropped it? Should he not tell me to practive catching footballs?

Actually I would like constructive criticism on my thread. I know I will never do well in a national level contest, it's just not in the cards for me. Maybe a regional level, who knows? It would mean a lot if you gave me advice like "do this or that excercise and it will help bring up this or that bodypart" As far as this thread about Shelby, I think he knows what he needs to work on, but hey, honesty is your thing. It just seemed a bit harsh. Maybe you could channel your softer side and be a bit sweeter.

Good point

Actually I would like constructive criticism on my thread. I know I will never do well in a national level contest, it's just not in the cards for me. Maybe a regional level, who knows? It would mean a lot if you gave me advice like "do this or that excercise and it will help bring up this or that bodypart" As far as this thread about Shelby, I think he knows what he needs to work on, but hey, honesty is your thing. It just seemed a bit harsh. Maybe you could channel your softer side and be a bit sweeter.

I will be, meant no offense.....I will go to your thread.....thank you

It looks like you have had a productive off season , hard to tell due to the color between the 219lb pic and the 220lb pic but you appear leaner this year at the same (or close) weight as last year which certainly equals more muscle.

I think that with the effort you put forward this year it seems that your finding your genetic weak spots , now the question i have it if these are week spots for you is it possible to bring them up to the rest of the body if you are indeed at or very close to the max potential your body will support.

Shelby, I see an overall thickness between the 219 and 220 pic. Especially your quads and better definition now too. Seems to me you had a productive offseason. It sure is great to be leaner though. I think you look great man. Being a lightweight guy this is the look I have been going for. Good job man.

Thank you sir, much appreciated. Best of luck with the rest of your prep as well.

It looks like you have had a productive off season , hard to tell due to the color between the 219lb pic and the 220lb pic but you appear leaner this year at the same (or close) weight as last year which certainly equals more muscle.

I think that with the effort you put forward this year it seems that your finding your genetic weak spots , now the question i have it if these are week spots for you is it possible to bring them up to the rest of the body if you are indeed at or very close to the max potential your body will support.

Thanks Gunsmith. As for bringing up certain body parts, I'm sure I'll be able to make small changes as I move forward but I'm getting pretty close to what I think my physique will max out as.
I can only do so much about my genetics :eek: but I'll keep banging away at it.

Shelby, The comparison pics from 219 to 220 tell the story. You've come up alot in my view.
Also I believe if you could add freaky arms to that physique it would bring the whole package up a lot.
A couple years ago I would have said your a good bodybuilder, but would never be good enough to win a national show.
With what you've accomplished over the last 2 years I am beginning to believe otherwise. You continue to improve consistently.
You're a real inspiration.

Shelby , i'm looking at weak body parts like some people , somtimes you just have to abuse the shit out of them untill they do what you want.

I guess once we reach our limit all we can do is refine?

My wife asked what im gonna do if i win s ahow thats a national qualifier? honestly i think this year may be my last at competing , im just not willing to nor can i afford the damn food add the amount of muscle i think it would take to get on stange at nationals. So i guess i'll just work on the conditioning.

I think your build is rock solid and personaly don't see and "weak" spots , maybe compairing to the genetic elite out their maybe but anybody who has done this knows you have been busting your ass in the gym and the kitchen

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member