over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Offtopic: Accident, Not at fault but

Zarati

Registered
I have a 2015 Mercedes C with 15k miles and I got rear ended... The guy's insurance called and admitted fault but they say they may not put OEM parts on the car. I told the bodyshop the situation and told them to not do anything and ask me before putting the parts if insurance was trying to fool them. So how do I battle this? I want OEM parts, not some shitty made in China oarts

Are you leasing? Take it to a Benz dealership or benz authorized body shop.

Are you leasing? Take it to a Benz dealership or benz authorized body shop.

no, own it (financed) I took it to dealer's recommended bodyshop. bodyshop said if the insurance asks them to put aftermarket, they won't do so without my permission. It was not my fault and they already admitted fault, so none of my business, and I want my car like NEW.

I was honest with them and said I had no injuries. I know a lot of shady people who would lie to make some money on that. but it's not late, I can see my neck hurts just to fuck with them if they don't cooperate

Last edited:
Not what you are asking about, but related. Don't forget to file a diminished value claim.

no, own it (financed) I took it to dealer's recommended bodyshop. bodyshop said if the insurance asks them to put aftermarket, they won't do so without my permission. It was not my fault and they already admitted fault, so none of my business, and I want my car like NEW.

I was honest with them and said I had no injuries. I know a lot of shady people who would lie to make some money on that. but it's not late, I can see my neck hurts just to fuck with them if they don't cooperate

That insurance company is just trying to screw you. You bought a Mercedes with Mercedes parts. You insist for them to put on OEM parts and don't sign off on it until you do. If they give you static, kindly tell them you will get a lawyer to sue and they will pay for his fees too.

Not what you are asking about, but related. Don't forget to file a diminished value claim.

Oh wow, didn't know about that. but the insurance company is being cheap, you think they'd pay for that?

That insurance company is just trying to screw you. You bought a Mercedes with Mercedes parts. You insist for them to put on OEM parts and don't sign off on it until you do. If they give you static, kindly tell them you will get a lawyer to sue and they will pay for his fees too.

Yes, I actually called my own insurance agent and he said I can go through my own insurance and pay deductible, but they'll sue the other insurance themselves and will get my deductible back later. So may end up doing that

this is what they do.....they double talk....
thing is....they don't have a leg to stand on.

I had a problem before, because the guy that hit my truck.
(I wasn't in it) had the same insurance I did....

lol....so they said neither of us was at fault.....

he ran a red light and t-boned my truck, put wifey in the hospital
ICU for 5 days.....and it nobodys fault...???!!!!!

i don't think so.....

:cool:

Yes, I actually called my own insurance agent and he said I can go through my own insurance and pay deductible, but they'll sue the other insurance themselves and will get my deductible back later. So may end up doing that

That is an option, but lawsuits can take yearrrrrs. If you dont need that money back soon this this would be the best option

^^ This.

Your car value (resale) is forever diminished because of the accident. The insurance company needs to 'make you whole'. Your car should be brought back to the point it was prior to the accident and to do that hey need to use OEM parts - this is not a 10 year old car.

The insurance adjusters job is to keep costs down. You do not have to accept what they offer.

Things to consider:

When you take it to a dealer they will document the accident and repair on your cars hisotry. So if you sell the vehicle down the road and someone does a car fax, it will show damage report. By going to a outside body shop there is no record of the vehicle getting work done.

I would insist on only oem parts used by who ever fixes it.

Oh wow, didn't know about that. but the insurance company is being cheap, you think they'd pay for that?

Yes, I actually called my own insurance agent and he said I can go through my own insurance and pay deductible, but they'll sue the other insurance themselves and will get my deductible back later. So may end up doing that[/QUOTE

do I think the guys insurance company will pay a DV claim? Yes I think they will, research it and come at them confident and prepared and you should be successful.

Lol good luck with that no lawyer will take that case unless you sustained injury in the accident

Lol good luck with that no lawyer will take that case unless you sustained injury in the accident

My insurance company will sue them. They will pay for OEM but will go after the other insurance company and they have a strong case so the other insurance company ends up paying. I'll just be out of 500 for a few months. They said 5 months to a year

My insurance company will sue them. They will pay for OEM but will go after the other insurance company and they have a strong case so the other insurance company ends up paying. I'll just be out of 500 for a few months. They said 5 months to a year

They dont "sue" them they subragate agiasnt them for damages...its a big difference. The deductable you can get back right away as long as the other company accepted fault. Its sounds like your adjuster is not explaining this procces correctly to you

Once you get a lawyer, it is ALL out of your hands. They will NOT talk to YOU, only the lawyer, trust me. Pesty is right about Mercedes parts though, do not sign off on aftermarket parts. Insurance is to get you back to where you were before an accident, not above or below, right where you were. If you had OEM parts, they will use OEM parts.

If they're jacking you around, the absolute BEST way to straighten them up is to tell them you're going to contact the state insurance regulatory body. Company's HATE dealing with them

Don't subrogate. It's not "that bad" but if you do shop your insurance, it will show when they run your MVR/CLUE report. Your agent will tell you it won't affect you, which they're right if you don't leave, but if you shop around it'll show up and rates will be higher. I deal with this every day.

They dont "sue" them they subrogate agiasnt them for damages...its a big difference. The deductable you can get back right away as long as the other company accepted fault. Its sounds like your adjuster is not explaining this procces correctly to you

^^^ ding ding

this is what they do.....they double talk....
thing is....they don't have a leg to stand on.

I had a problem before, because the guy that hit my truck.
(I wasn't in it) had the same insurance I did....

lol....so they said neither of us was at fault.....

he ran a red light and t-boned my truck, put wifey in the hospital
ICU for 5 days.....and it nobodys fault...???!!!!!

i don't think so.....

:cool:

I hope your wife didn't sustain any permanent damage. My wife was taken out in a similar fashion by a drunk driver that ran a light at 8am. Luckily she wasn't hurt at all though and walked away from the accident. The car was totaled though. The driver also fled the scene of the accident but was later caught.

I think the idea of having your insurance pay and then they go after the other driver's insurance sounds like a solid option since they have good attorneys and should prevail, but I would do that as a last resort. Make sure that you don't get hurt in any way by doing that by having them raise rates on your etc. I would talk more with your agent about that option because it sure would be nice to have professionals fighting for you rather than you having to do it on your own or hire an attorney.

^^ This.

Your car value (resale) is forever diminished because of the accident. The insurance company needs to 'make you whole'. Your car should be brought back to the point it was prior to the accident and to do that hey need to use OEM parts - this is not a 10 year old car.

The insurance adjusters job is to keep costs down. You do not have to accept what they offer.

The sad thing is, even if repaired by OEM parts and done at the dealership, the worth of the car is diminished because there will be an accident on the car's records now. Everyone buying used cars there days looks at the Carfax report. If I see a car was in an accident I wont even look at buying it. Don't mean to be negative about the situation, but its the truth.

Things to consider:

When you take it to a dealer they will document the accident and repair on your cars hisotry. So if you sell the vehicle down the road and someone does a car fax, it will show damage report. By going to a outside body shop there is no record of the vehicle getting work done.

I would insist on only oem parts used by who ever fixes it.

Is this true about going to a shop other than a dealer and it not showing up on any reports? I thought the report was based on traffic reports/the VIN #.

Dang, glad to hear it was just $500. Back about 13 years ago I had a young girl rear end my Audi and all it needed was a new tail pipe tp, small repair of the bumper, and a repaint of the bumper and that was about $1500.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131