advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oh man, your thought? (GENERAL COVID THREAD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguing like that you should make sure that you get your „actual“ statistics right too - 3,272 deaths worldwide yesterday.

You‘re completely right that other sicknesses kill more people per day, but I‘ve never heard of cancer being highly contagious so that‘s an invalid comparison there bro. Can‘t remember seeing hospitals in a city like NYC having to store dead bodies in truck loads on the back exit of the building tbh. Sure lots of it is overblown by the media, absolutely. And believing everything you hear/see/read is naive. But downplaying it completely like you do is just as naive. I‘m not from the US but it‘ll be interesting to see how the situation over there develops for you guys. Lots of people seem to be overconfident in your medical/healthcare system. I‘ve never heard of ventilator shortages in my home country and the infection rate is 3 times higher in relation to the total population than in the States (0.1 % vs 0.03 %). Sure your system is good but definitely not the „best in the world“ like many state here. That‘s not trying to get into an arguments, that‘s facts. Receiving test results here takes about 2 hours while it seems to take days in the States from what I‘ve heard. Just one example. And I know this is the Internet so people tend to misinterpret things easily, I‘m not trying to pick a fight here man - just my two cents :)

According to the WHO

worldwide deaths per year 56 million
per day 153,000
per minute over 100

Im not downplaying just asking questions about perspective and the current over reaction by our government, USA.

Two sisters, one brother in law, all ER nurses for big hospitals in SoCal and Utah. As of yesterday they had a combined total of 9 Covid19 patients with one fatality. I’d also question bodies being stored by the truck loads.

Some guy named Adolph said the exact same thing in 1935.

Yep. We let rapists and murderers and drunk drivers walk the street. People cheer when drug dealer are released "social justice!" But take a little fear inject into an American, they change their tune and say "daddy government save me."

It doesn't have to be the deadliest virus ever. Why do you have to think in extremes? I guess you can't comprehend the part about overwhelming our medical system. I'm not willing to see older GENERATIONS of families wiped out. We're also seeing young people dying from it too. The statistics may low in that area but if it's your son, brother, friend, it's very personal. I'm not on board with letting the economy completely tank either. There will be a middle ground and it won't be a win, win.
I’m just pointing out that there has been way deadlier viruses unleashed on the planet and our governments never shut down the economy and nation over them so??? The common cold and flu kills 10s of thousands annually and there‘s hardly a peep. Of course you wouldn’t wish death on anyone but these illnesses take without discrimination so what you’re willing or not willing to see is irrelevant. My son is a fireman in Northern CA and he doesn’t get the luxury of staying home so of course I worry about him.

I did see how India was very proactive in shutting shit down early. With they’re densely populated stats the corona spread would’ve made NYC look like a baby.

According to the WHO

worldwide deaths per year 56 million
per day 153,000
per minute over 100

Im not downplaying just asking questions about perspective and the current over reaction by our government, USA.

Two sisters, one brother in law, all ER nurses for big hospitals in SoCal and Utah. As of yesterday they had a combined total of 9 Covid19 patients with one fatality. I’d also question bodies being stored by the truck loads.

I interpreted your statements as downplaying the situation. Since when do people SOLELY die in hospital? Defo not the case.

Oh and about the trucks:

At about 34 seconds in, don‘t know why an ER doctor would lie about that (and you have to see that the same way too, otherwise why would you believe your sisters and brother, right?)

And this article here was written 3 days ago, seems like they already need them in certain hospitals.

I live in the same country as this guy, and it ain`t India or China. Not happening here

I’m just pointing out that there has been way deadlier viruses unleashed on the planet and our governments never shut down the economy and nation over them so??? The common cold and flu kills 10s of thousands annually and there‘s hardly a peep. Of course you wouldn’t wish death on anyone but these illnesses take without discrimination so what you’re willing or not willing to see is irrelevant. My son is a fireman in Northern CA and he doesn’t get the luxury of staying home so of course I worry about him.
The big question, how do we know that this cant or wont kill 100s of thousands? This virus is just getting started and the measures taken have slowed it down. Given more time thousands more will undoubtedly die. It has a very likely outcome of killing a lot more than the seasonal flu because it is a new virus that NOBODY is immune to.

I live in the same country as this guy, and it ain`t India or China. Not happening here

Nice, but that's not very secure. Some thief could break in and steal them all, unless that's some kind of safe. Nice little collection though!

You bring up some good points bro, but don’t bother. People don’t want to listen to actual facts and statistics.. They believe CNN..

Someone said in the other thread that the peak number of deaths from this virus was 2,400 in one day worldwide and it’s a pandemic etc, mind you, the average age of deaths is 77 years old. Not saying elders don’t matter but they’re not the future, I think we can all agree it would be a lot worse for the world if the average age was 20 year olds.. Yet influenza counts for as high as 1,700 deaths per day worldwide, and apparently that’s perfectly acceptable and not a pandemic...

And forget all of those;

Cancer is the leading cause of death worldwide.. 10 million+ deaths per year... That’s 27,400 deaths PER DAY... Per fucking day...

But no, that’s alright. That’s not a pandemic... That’s not something to be concerned about.. Hospitals aren’t being overrun with literally over 10x the amount of deaths per day than the peak of this virus Worldwide.. It brings in over $100 billion per year in the US alone.. It’s a business, so it’s acceptable...

People don’t want to think for themselves and take 5 minutes to do research and see the numbers don’t add up to so much panic and fear..

I don't watch CNN. I do listen to scientists as data and facts become available.

I listed almost 1,400 deaths and by the time I posted that, it had risen to over 1,500. Italy has been in quarantine for some time now and their death toll gets bigger and bigger everyday due to how contagious this virus is.

Why would anyone be quarantined for cancer when it's not contagious? That comparison makes no sense whatsoever.

Influeza, worldwide, kills between 685 to 1,370 people a day. With people quarantined we're seeing those numbers and higher now in a period of several months and they're rising everyday. That shows how much more contagious this is than influenza. Not sure what's so hard to see about that?

If you don't want to see generations of older family members deceased then all of this makes sense. Scientists are releasing facts and data regarding the virus as it becomes available. They're working on medications to mitigate it as well as a vaccine. Politicians and economists need to do their work and figure out how to lessen the economic blow in the interim. Both sides need to work together.

Some people didn't take the Spanish flu seriously either and in the end it killed 20 to 50 million people worldwide. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it! https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/flu-epidemic-hits-philadelphia

The big question, how do we know that this cant or wont kill 100s of thousands? This virus is just getting started and the measures taken have slowed it down. Given more time thousands more will undoubtedly die. It has a very likely outcome of killing a lot more than the seasonal flu because it is a new virus that NOBODY is immune to.
Giving the current stats and rate of known infections it looks like there won’t be 100s of thousands of deaths but I guess no one truly knows. Bigger question IMO is how many people have already had it, never new they had it, and fully recovered? Look up what COVID19 actually stands for. This virus has been known and around for awhile.

Giving the current stats and rate of known infections it looks like there won’t be 100s of thousands of deaths but I guess no one truly knows. Bigger question IMO is how many people have already had it, never new they had it, and fully recovered? Look up what COVID19 actually stands for. This virus has been known and around for awhile.

It's great that some people had it with little or no complications BUT they were contagious and how many people did they infect thinking they were ok?

It's great that some people had it with little or no complications BUT they were contagious and how many people did they infect thinking they were ok?
That’s the 2 trillion dollar question. NO ONE knows those numbers as it’s impossible to obtain. My question is knowing what they do know, is it worth shutting down the US? Both sides of the coin has the “potential“ to destroy us but will it? Japan’s doing the complete opposite so we will get to see results from different courses of action. I believe no information coming out of communist dictatorships so China‘s info is BS as far as I’m concerned.

That’s the 2 trillion dollar question. NO ONE knows those numbers as it’s impossible to obtain. My question is knowing what they do know, is it worth shutting down the US? Both sides of the coin has the “potential“ to destroy us but will it? Japan’s doing the complete opposite so we will get to see results from different courses of action. I believe no information coming out of communist dictatorships so China‘s info is BS as far as I’m concerned.
Hawkmoon lives in Tokyo and he has described changes over there. He and his wife are working from home just like here in the US.

I interpreted your statements as downplaying the situation. Since when do people SOLELY die in hospital? Defo not the case.

Oh and about the trucks:

At about 34 seconds in, don‘t know why an ER doctor would lie about that (and you have to see that the same way too, otherwise why would you believe your sisters and brother, right?)

And this article here was written 3 days ago, seems like they already need them in certain hospitals.

Why does anyone lie? I believe my siblings because I personally know them and what they do for a living as apposed to someone on YouTube posting a video. We were discussing what was going on in our perspective states regarding the virus and they have zero reason underplay or bloviate about the current conditions in their perspective hospitals. They will tell you there are a lot worse things in hospitals killing people besides COVID19.

Virus Curfew and disobedience in India.

Whats crazy is to think they need to be doing that to make em listen, but if they came shaking a stick at one of us and hjit one of us, we would go home... After we dropped the stick holder. Theyre so poor though those people closing could ruin them. I feel bad for lesser fortunate countries going thru this.

Hawkmoon lives in Tokyo and he has described changes over there. He and his wife are working from home just like here in the US.
Changes yes but not shutting down whole industries.

Why does anyone lie? I believe my siblings because I personally know them and what they do for a living as apposed to someone on YouTube posting a video. We were discussing what was going on in our perspective states regarding the virus and they have zero reason underplay or bloviate about the current conditions in their perspective hospitals. They will tell you there are a lot worse things in hospitals killing people besides COVID19.
Are they in New York City or State?

Whats crazy is to think they need to be doing that to make em listen, but if they came shaking a stick at one of us and hjit one of us, we would go home... After we dropped the stick holder. Theyre so poor though those people closing could ruin them. I feel bad for lesser fortunate countries going thru this.
It's not too different from what we do in the US when protests turn bad. Bring in the riot police with batons to restore order. If we strike a police officer we are going to jail. In that video it looked like most of the stick wielders were just everyday citizens. Must be volunteers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear