advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oh man, your thought? (GENERAL COVID THREAD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
China in Trouble again, a 2nd wave breaking out now

"Nearly 108 million people in China's Jilin province could be forced back into lockdown after a growing group of new coronavirus infections triggered a backslide in the nation's push to return to normal.

The abrupt reversal in China's northeast region has once again cut off public transportation, closed schools and led to another round of quarantine.

Fan Pai, who works at a trading company in the nearby province of Liaoning, told Bloomberg News that people are starting to feel "more cautious" again."

Does your work pay out a yearly bonus? Im thinking most workplaces wont have much of a bonus this year, lucky to just keep your salary. The haul this year for the government on taxes is going to be very low compared to how it should have been. We have cut way back on spending, planning ahead for the loss in pay from the bonus. Although it is impossible to cover it. Lately we have been spending about $1500 a month less than we normally do.

Usually all do get some type of bonus plus a “performance” raise, really just inflation adjustment. Yes, I would suspect neither of those happen this year, but oh well, they are extra’s, go towards more savings or vacation or birthdays, etc. I don’t count them as income. I just want to pay my bills, I don’t care much else above that, money comes and goes as we see, you can’t count on it. It is necessary to pay cost of living but above that it is often a pain in the butt. I may be crazy but I would not want to be rich.

Usually all do get some type of bonus plus a “performance” raise, really just inflation adjustment. Yes, I would suspect neither of those happen this year, but oh well, they are extra’s, go towards more savings or vacation or birthdays, etc. I don’t count them as income. I just want to pay my bills, I don’t care much else above that, money comes and goes as we see, you can’t count on it. It is necessary to pay cost of living but above that it is often a pain in the butt. I may be crazy but I would not want to be rich.
Yeah, we are the same as you, that income is either saved or spent on luxuries like vacations. I was going to pay off a car loan but can't now. Won't be going on any vacation for a couple of years. My big pont in bringing it up is that smart people aren't going to be spending now. This economy isn't getting back to how it was for a long time IMO. I would say maybe by 2022 we will get back to how we were, depending on who wins election in 2020.

something to think about, for those that are bullet proof. This guy was early 40s and very healthy, worked out every day. He lost 50 lbs in the hospital recovering from coronavirus. He's a nurse. Thinks he got it at a party. Check out his before and after picture. Scary shit. Looks like he still has some kind of drain tube in his abdomen.

"I wanted to show it can happen to anyone,” Mike Schultz told BuzzFeed News after posting his before-and-after Instagram post that showed him 50 pounds lighter than a month before he was hospitalized. “It doesn't matter if you're young or old, have preexisting conditions or not. It can affect you."

David Mack

@davidmackau

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1262879650352676864

Spoke with Mike Schultz who has gone viral for sharing a before/after photo of his six weeks in the hospital after contracting the coronavirus at the Miami Winter Party Festival https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/man-shares-photo-before-after-covid-19 …
View image on Twitter

6:55 PM - May 19, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

3,647 people are talking about this

Schultz is a nurse from San Francisco with no underlying conditions who used to work out nearly every day, but after six weeks in a Boston hospital with the virus, he said he’d gone from 190 pounds to 140.

Yeah, we are the same as you, that income is either saved or spent on luxuries like vacations. I was going to pay off a car loan but can't now. Won't be going on any vacation for a couple of years. My big pont in bringing it up is that smart people aren't going to be spending now. This economy isn't getting back to how it was for a long time IMO. I would say maybe by 2022 we will get back to how we were, depending on who wins election in 2020.

Yes we have a difficult decision to make in the next 6 months or so. My wife is Thai and we planned to go see her family next summer, her mom is old and may not live much longer. So, normal vacations out but this is different, may be last time she see her mom in person. Different family with different financial risk appetites, etc deal differently. I know I won’t be making decision in a vacuum, I have a group of men who watch out for each other kind of, so I can get input from varied people. Plus things may change in next six months that makes that decision for me more clear. That has been in back of my head since this started and became a big thing and not going away. Ultimately i and my wife make the decision but I am thankful to have people around me who give straight info. They have helped me see many blind spots I have in my life and be able to make more informed decisions. One of my many faults is I am kind of a cheapskate. Though being frugal especially now is not necessarily a bad thing, but there is more to life than money and I need to be reminded of that. One of my biggest failures as a husband and father was that I would be generous to others especially poor, trying to be a good example for my family but would often fail to be generous to my own family. When I came to realize that after talking to some of these guys, it crushed me. Even typing this I kind of tear up a bit. I cried that night asking my wife and kids to forgive me. Haha!, my wife and kids thought I was crazy!

something to think about, for those that are bullet proof. This guy was early 40s and very healthy, worked out every day. He lost 50 lbs in the hospital recovering from coronavirus. He's a nurse. Thinks he got it at a party. Check out his before and after picture. Scary shit. Looks like he still has some kind of drain tube in his abdomen.

"I wanted to show it can happen to anyone,” Mike Schultz told BuzzFeed News after posting his before-and-after Instagram post that showed him 50 pounds lighter than a month before he was hospitalized. “It doesn't matter if you're young or old, have preexisting conditions or not. It can affect you."

Schultz is a nurse from San Francisco with no underlying conditions who used to work out nearly every day, but after six weeks in a Boston hospital with the virus, he said he’d gone from 190 pounds to 140.

He's lucky to be alive after being intubated for a month. I hope he makes a full recovery. That's one of the scarier things about this virus. It's not as simple as 0.4% of people dying and 99.6% being fine. Some of the survivors come out with permanently reduced lung capacity, kidney damage, brain damage, etc.

Crazy that someone that young with no known conditions had to go to the ICU. If he was on cycle and bulking, then was in the hospital without AAS/Training/calories, not surprised he would lose 50lbs being most likely enhanced.

One strange thing. You hear the media talk about how this is at risk for elderly and minorities, but not HIV. I would think that would be the most at risk group, yet you never hear it mentioned. I know when I was a kid there were big time marketing to stop the spread of HIV, and now its like poof disappeared

Crazy that someone that young with no known conditions had to go to the ICU. If he was on cycle and bulking, then was in the hospital without AAS/Training/calories, not surprised he would lose 50lbs being most likely enhanced.

One strange thing. You hear the media talk about how this is at risk for elderly and minorities, but not HIV. I would think that would be the most at risk group, yet you never hear it mentioned. I know when I was a kid there were big time marketing to stop the spread of HIV, and now its like poof disappeared
I agree about HIV. I don't know why we aren't hearing anything at all about those patients. We do not ever hear much about AIDS these days at all.

The nurse that the article is about lost an extreme amount of weight, mostly probably from being on a ventilator for so long. He's lucky to be alive. I don't understand what the port is for in his abdomen.

People living with HIV can live mostly normal lives with the latest antiviral drugs. It never develops into AIDS as long as they take the medicine. It's actually common now for people in high risk groups (gay men / trans women who have unprotected sex) to take these drugs to avoid catching HIV in the first place.

They've been trying to find an HIV vaccine since I was a kid. We still don't have one. Hopefully the search for a COVID-19 vaccine will be easier.

Just got back from the homeless shelter and was talking to a couple guys. One had Covid and had a rough time, no intubation but hospitalized. He is also going through chemo and has cancer. A couple weeks before he went into hospital I noticed he was really lethargic. He said during that time he tested negative but they feel the test was wrong.

Another guy just got back from 29 day hospital stay that includes pneumonia as well as Covid. His health was ok, he is mid 50’s and at a shelter so often health is not quite as good on average but he was relatively healthy in my opinion.

Then there was a third guy I talked to who just got out of quarantine, he said a couple days he felt kind of sick but not bad. He is early 50’s and overweight.

So far no deaths, two guys had it pretty bad, one the guy who has cancer so kind of makes sense and one a guy maybe I wouldn’t think would get it real bad.

Most definitely can be rough on anyone but also sometimes people you think would struggle dont while those you think would do well take it hard.

These guys all live together so they do a good job of quarantining and containing all things considered. They wear masks but the way some wear them is not real good, like the top of mask on their chin or at least nose exposed. But they clean constantly and when quarantine it is not at the shelter, it is offsite.

Just interesting thought I would post what I am seeing at this homeless shelter. That quarantine offsite I think makes difference, it is real isolation and they do it even before testing validates. They do it based on seeing symptoms, which we know is late, but still sooner than test results. If they test negative and retest negative they go back to shelter.

This why we don't hear as much marketing about HIV prevention now. Everyone's on PREP. I couldn't remember the name before.
I didn't realize guys were doing that. Smart. I guess their doctors prescribe the drugs for them, or do they buy it on the black market?

I didn't realize guys were doing that. Smart. I guess their doctors prescribe the drugs for them, or do they buy it on the black market?

Doctors prescribe it in the US and a lot of other countries. It's free for a lot of people, covered under health insurance or paid for by various LGBT charities. I don't know the costs, but I guess it's cheaper than treating people for AIDS.

I've been reading science articles about potential HIV treatments and vaccines since I was in high school. Medicine has finally advanced to the point that we have effective treatments and a way to prevent transmission. No vaccine yet.

I read that vaccines haven't worked so far partly from how HIV attacks the immune system, and partly from how it mutates so quickly. One promising thing about SARS-COV-2 is that it doesn't seem to mutate / evolve as quickly as HIV.

600 doctors write a letter to the president asking him to end the lockdown.

days of our lives

The cat is out of the bag as to how severe the virus is. Looks like most places are being forced to open, good. Now the next fight is these redicious rules of wearing masks. Just today at my job we now have to wear Masks because someone complained people (like me) don't wear them. The bosses were forced to make us all look like fools now because one person either fears the virus, or because they enjoy drama and this is their 9/11 and they want the drama to continue.

This person happens to be lazy, a trouble starter, and should have been fired years ago. Because of them I have to wear a mask, so now my interactions with them will change as 2 can play petty games. I think our company, if they actually care about health as it seems they do as we are forced to wear masks, needs to get rid of that little smoker corner that this person hangs at.

Smoke a pack of ciggerates a day but fears a virus with a 99.5% cure rate. Mental illness, hycopricy, or a cry for attention and drama?

I’d love to see what some people have to say about secondary consequences now.. Since you and I are some of the few who were stating it would kill more than the virus, here’s a cool statistic;

This was published in 1982 in Corporate Flight where jobs were going overseas and causing unemployment so I’m not sure how it can be interpreted today but I imagine not much would change since the death rates have to do with heart attacks (stress), Suicide, mental instability etc...

For every 1% unemployment goes up there are 37,000 deaths as a result....

So we went from around 3% to around 18% currently, 15% increase x 37k = 555,000....

We just potentially killed an extra 555,000 people with this economic shut down (in the US alone).. Thats a whole 460,000 more than the virus..

I’d love to see what some people have to say about secondary consequences now.. Since you and I are some of the few who were stating it would kill more than the virus, here’s a cool statistic;

This was published in 1982 in Corporate Flight where jobs were going overseas and causing unemployment so I’m not sure how it can be interpreted today but I imagine not much would change since the death rates have to do with heart attacks (stress), Suicide, mental instability etc...

For every 1% unemployment goes up there are 37,000 deaths as a result....

So we went from around 3% to around 18% currently, 15% increase x 37k = 555,000....

We just potentially killed an extra 555,000 people with this economic shut down (in the US alone).. Thats a whole 460,000 more than the virus..

-

I'm going to risk sounding callous, but I think we need some perspective here.

1) We've lost Luke and some others, I've had people close to me attempt, and I've pondered it myself, but suicide is a choice. A very hard, painful choice, but a choice nonetheless. A person fighting to live on in the ICU infected by perhaps a cavalier non-believer had no such choice and they are going to die anyway.

2) Somehow it is continually forgotten that the current amount of sick and dead is where it is because mitigating measure were taken. If things were not shut down, it could have been shockingly higher. Ask Sweden. Current Columbia research supports that one week earlier into lock-down could have saved 36,000 people.

-

I'm going to risk sounding callous, but I think we need some perspective here.

1) We've lost Luke and some others, I've had people close to me attempt, and I've pondered it myself, but suicide is a choice. A very hard, painful choice, but a choice nonetheless. A person fighting to live on in the ICU infected by perhaps a cavalier non-believer had no such choice and they are going to die anyway.

2) Somehow it is continually forgotten that the current amount of sick and dead is where it is because mitigating measure were taken. If things were not shut down, it could have been shockingly higher. Ask Sweden. Current Columbia research supports that one week earlier into lock-down could have saved 36,000 people.

I understand completely what you’re saying but also I believe it’s only 600 of the 37,000 deaths were attributed to suicide... Sooooooo.. The largest number was heart attacks/stress... Those people didn’t have a choice either...

My point wasn’t to not have any lockdown at all.. But I think we can all agree a targeted lockdown would’ve been much more efficient and effective both for the susceptible/vulnerable people and for the economy...

Weird thing is, New York just published findings that they had more deaths in people who were quarantining than people who were continuing to work and move about their lives as best they could..

All in all, a HUGE factor not being discussed by anyone in power is how to build and strengthen our immune system... Literally not a peep about it.. It’s ridiculous...

It’s also ridiculous to think we can hide from a virus.. We can’t.. Nature is ever changing and we need to build our systems for these kinds of things.. Absolutely EVERYWHERE on EVERYONE and ANYTHING there are microbes and bacteria and viruses etc.. We need that to strengthen ourselves..

Another statistic being talked about is how will not just Covid effect people when lockdowns are lifted but also other viruses and bacterias since people have been locked down for months, not being exposed to anything that can help our immune systems etc? We’re not supposed to be locked away for months on end...

There’s dozens of angles in which this could’ve been approached better.. Is there any single way that any and all deaths could’ve been prevented? Of course not.. But could we have done a 1,000x better job? Absolutely..

As I said earlier, this has to have been the absolute worst decision making in US/World history..

One big factor is that people are no longer going to see the doctor. Heart surgery procedures are way down and something like a 75% drop in cancer diagnosis.

We will pay for this in the future with more deaths. Hopefully people will start seeking medical care again.

My uncle that is a coroner has seen a measurable uptick in drug overdoses.

One big factor is that people are no longer going to see the doctor. Heart surgery procedures are way down and something like a 75% drop in cancer diagnosis.

We will pay for this in the future with more deaths. Hopefully people will start seeking medical care again.

My uncle that is a coroner has seen a measurable uptick in drug overdoses.

when they closed down hospital and clinics for so called electives and think it is kinda glossed over but that term elective encompasses a whole lot of procedures and treatments, i think i mentioned it on here awhile back but i went to the ER at about 5am the first of April and i was the only patient in there, after i was there around 1 hour i heard someone else come in, i think because it was 5am it could be a lull but not to the point where i was the only patient as i live in pretty damn populated area, i think a lot of people just scared shitless to show up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear