advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oh man, your thought? (GENERAL COVID THREAD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like 1 complicated virus, I dont understand why people are still running with the conspiracy theories

I'm not sure what you mean by conspiracy theories. I am not sure how trying to learn about the virus and determine out how contagious asymptomatic cases are; has anything to do with a conspiracy. Or are you referring the fact that many people don't trust the WHO; which based on the fact that they have sent mixed messages has nothing to do with a conspiracy.

I'm not sure what you mean by conspiracy theories. I am not sure how trying to learn about the virus and determine out how contagious asymptomatic cases are; has anything to do with a conspiracy. Or are you referring the fact that many people don't trust the WHO; which based on the fact that they have sent mixed messages has nothing to do with a conspiracy.

I quoted that shithouse, I should have only just put the link which showed that the person from WHO needed to clear some confusion over their comments

The conspiracy theory was not aimed at you (my bad for writing in same post), it seems that that whenever there is new info to suggest different to what was thought of earlier its because of some big cover up. I am not at all suprised that the experts are still learning about this virus tand will continue to do so moving forward.

Ohio's daily death rate is down considerably, and we are about 2 weeks into reopening. So far so good.

Ohio's daily death rate is down considerably, and we are about 2 weeks into reopening. So far so good.
Same with Illinois. The state actually sped up some of the reopening such as outdoor seating at restaurants due to public outcry. My wife is back at work but with limited customers due to the distancing and building capacity requirements but it's a start.

Same with Illinois. The state actually sped up some of the reopening such as outdoor seating at restaurants due to public outcry. My wife is back at work but with limited customers due to the distancing and building capacity requirements but it's a start.
That's great. I saw Indiana is really doing well, and think they are at stage 4 now. Not sure where we are. Indiana daily deaths down 50% from max.

Michigan is down from 140 a day to around 20. That's impressive. Not sure where they are on reopening. I know the citizens were pretty upset.

Hopefully if this happens in the fall tbe governors will do this different. Stricter quarantine in the big urban hubs and much less restriction or even none out in more rural parts. In states like Michigan and New York it was the big cities that had most of the infections and deaths.

One thing when looking at deaths per day, remember what the state's total population is because that's relevant to the death rate per capita. Ohio has higher population than both Michigan and Indiana.

I’m in Indiana and it is not bad, but it never was bad here. We had a meat processing plant and a couple nursing homes that were pretty hot but in general not too bad.
I don’t know how the reopening is going though. Gyms are open, restaurants somewhat, churches not sure if had to close down or not, most did. I don’t go to bars, malls or sporting events so not even sure if they are open, possibly. Everything I do is basically normal, except work where we can now work from home if we want to. I do know that many furloughed people I know still aren’t working, so either things are still shutdown or business volume is down and expected to remain so and thus few job opportunities, probably both play into that. Most people I deal with, outside of elderly and those who work in healthcare, don’t mention the virus, it is not a topic of conversation, even before the protests. The only way it was mentioned was in reference to the economy.

We have Chicago, a huge percentage of the deaths were there, and in nursing homes. I too hope things are handled differently if there's a resurgence in the fall.

New cases are still trending up in Los Angeles County and surrounding areas. They're talking about reopening here, but the first wave hasn't peaked here yet. So much for the theory of the virus going away with warm weather and sunlight.

Hopefully if this happens in the fall tbe governors will do this different. Stricter quarantine in the big urban hubs and much less restriction or even none out in more rural parts. In states like Michigan and New York it was the big cities that had most of the infections and deaths.

If they do ANY kind of government-mandated quarantine / lockdown / business closures in the fall due to coronavirus, we might as well just drop a nuclear bomb on ourselves. This first one was a massive overreaction, unwarranted for most of the country, and has caused generational economic destruction that we won't fully grasp for years. If it happens again, **EDIT** - NO DISCUSSING THAT!

Last edited by a moderator:

New cases are still trending up in Los Angeles County and surrounding areas. They're talking about reopening here, but the first wave hasn't peaked here yet. So much for the theory of the virus going away with warm weather and sunlight.
It will be interesting to see in a couple of weeks how many protestors come down with it. LA was pretty hot with that.

If they do ANY kind of government-mandated quarantine / lockdown / business closures in the fall due to coronavirus, we might as well just drop a nuclear bomb on ourselves. This first one was a massive overreaction, unwarranted for most of the country, and has caused generational economic destruction that we won't fully grasp for years. If it happens again, the George Floyd riots (partially inspired by coroanvirus' ~10 weeks of lockdown, 40 million people out of work, and people literally not having money in their pockets) will seem like a walk in the park.
I do believe a 2nd.quaratine will be harder on the economy, I agree. I think with what we know about the virus today that we can do things differently and not shut down Iike we did. The hospitals are prepared now and vaccines hopefully on the way. I dont think we will have to go through this again, at least not on a national level. Some governors may still do it though. Hoping Ohio isn't one.

I'm hunkered down in my home as much as I can till I get the vaccine. Mainly just worried my youngest may get sick at high school. My oldest is to go off to college and I feel perfectly fine about sending her. She's 18 and healthy.

The risk factors for developing a severe case of COVID-19.

"In a paper published by the Journal of Korean Medical Science on June 2, Ahn and other South Korean doctors wrote that diabetes, high body temperature, low oxygen saturation and pre-existing cardiac injury were shown to be the prognostic factors for severe COVID-19."

**broken link removed**

Lots of moving out to suburbs areas and other cities/States from sanctuary/protests/looting areas is being recorded as we speak, I see a huge shifting of demographics/business along other critical factors not allowed to be mentioned at this site statewide. I believe it is playing out to the good of the country and people.

Cities are always going to be the epicenter of epidemics. Glad I dont live in one.

Cities are always going to be the epicenter of epidemics. Glad I dont live in one.

What has occurred lately more than the epidemics is the main motivation for the moving out. Yes, I myself am looking to get out of New York.

What has occurred lately more than the epidemics is the main motivation for the moving out. Yes, I myself am looking to get out of New York.
In the burbs you'll be able to afford a much nicer home too. Get a 3 car garage!

So far protesters in Minneapolis not spreading coronavirus. Infection rate was lower than the general populus. Maybe being outside is a factor?

It does seem like the virus is easier to catch indoors. The protests looked risky, but maybe being in a crowded place outdoors is safer than being in a crowded nightclub or movie theater.

The number of new daily cases continues to rise in Los Angeles County and in California as a whole. This isn't a "second wave" of the virus, since we haven't reached a peak yet. The number of new cases has been rising pretty steadily since March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member