advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oh man, your thought? (GENERAL COVID THREAD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking away freedom and liberty for "the greater good" has nothing to do with science. That is a political ideology. One that has failed many times over and led to massive human rights violations, suffering, and poverty.

We know so little about this virus! We should practice caution and let SCIENCE lead. Trump just needs to stop talking/tweeting, take his HCQ and go play golf for the remaining months of his presidency. The unnecessary loss of life right now is shameful.

That's funny that you talk about the loss of life being shameful at the same time joking about HCQ; which if it weren't for politics would actually be saving life's. **EDIT** - Leave the personal politics out of it! The conversation is not going in that direction!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, this thread is closed for a period of time...maybe until the weekend is over maybe a little longer. It's just the same people using it as their soapbox to say the same thing over and over.

This thread is for general discussion but not for personal political opinions or conspiracy theories!

Im from Sydney, but our Melbourne counterparts are having a hell of a time with the virus at the moment. Being the next state up from Victoria I worry we will end up just like them.

I also notice my gym is full of retards who dont use towels (even though we have a no towel no train policy), cough all over the place and then the icing on the cake was one guy wiping the sweat off his neck then using the same wipe to wipe down a machine

Hilarious how some of you don’t see this for what it is. If you think any of this is over when the virus is over, you are sadly mistaken. You WILL comply, get it? You WILL conform, get it? Do as we say, or else! I’ll leave it at that before it gets political. Happy thanksgiving fellas...

Hilarious how some of you don’t see this for what it is. If you think any of this is over when the virus is over, you are sadly mistaken. You WILL comply, get it? You WILL conform, get it? Do as we say, or else! I’ll leave it at that before it gets political. Happy thanksgiving fellas...
100% agree and going to get worse.

I don't want to get political either, and I mean no disrespect to you, but how does that view work when this is global and countries around the world are experiencing the same situation and reacting in the same ways (mostly)?

And how can the theory extend to countries like HK, South Korea, and Japan where mask use was always high?
Were they always under mass control and submitting to the overlords?

As you guys know I live in Japan and I see the benefits of mask use everyday. Look at the stats here, infections, death rates, etc.
People have always used them here, not only to avoid getting sick, but protect others. It's just everyday common sense.

I understand the frustration, but I think the angst is misplaced and counterproductive - especially if you want gyms to stay open.

I don't want to get political either, and I mean no disrespect to you, but how does that view work when this is global and countries around the world are experiencing the same situation and reacting in the same ways (mostly)?

And how can the theory extend to countries like HK, South Korea, and Japan where mask use was always high?

As you guys know I live in Japan and I see the benefits of mask use everyday. Look at the stats here, infections, death rates, etc.
People have always used them here, not only to avoid getting sick, but protect others. It's just everyday common sense.

I understand the frustration, but I think the angst is misplaced and counterproductive - especially if you want gyms to stay open.

I can’t continue without it getting political so I won’t. But there is a lot more at play here, think globally and think about individual nation’s sovereignty. Think about things like Brexit and the European Union and why it was so controversial. Think about the end game. You are a very smart guy who I happen to respect but I think you are thinking in the micro (which is fine if this was simply a natural pandemic) but you should expand and think of the macro. Out of respect to Bio and the board I will leave it that.

Its like how they have closed all the schools down and research shows kids are the safest population. Our schools here were open at first and parents could choose to do home instruction if they wanted. We did home for my daughter that's a junior in high school because of my heart failure. If I were healthy we would have sent her in.

Now they are all closed. The only reason I can see for doing that is if too many teachers are quarantined. Teachers have to sit out for 2 weeks, and that whole time you have to hire a substitute and then the education quality is reduced.

The schools around here were just all closed at once, every district so it wasn't because of teachers being quarantined. Kids are the safest population, they should be in school, end of story.

Meanwhile some kids at home are suffering. We just had a 9th grade boy commit suicide at my daughter's high school. Other schools in the area have had teen suicides too. The rate seems to have gone up, but I dont know. I just know our school hasn't had one in 6 years. Suicide rate for Americans is up all over the country, according to stats.

The close downs are hard on people, especially young folks. Only 83 kids age 14 and under have died from the virus in the US so far. I believe that is lower then the seasonal flu. The school age population is not at risk here, but when the swine flu was here they were in danger. They didn't close schools with swine flu and I'm pretty sure it killed more that 83 children.

Families like mine with people at risk should make the choice to educate from home but they should not force all other families to.
Screenshot_20201123-230024_Chrome.jpg

Regarding the swine flu, sounds like a mild year, but Simonsen says it wasn’t. “These are not deaths in age groups where you are expecting them,” she said. “These are deaths of young adults and children. It is different from seasonal influenza.” H1N1 killed 282 U.S. children in 2009-2010, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.

Maldorf it’s the teachers union, they are one of the most powerful unions around. They could care less about the kids. If they can sit home and still collect a full check, then that’s what they’ll do kids be damned. I’m in my own powerful union and I’m not making this up, we all know what’s going on here. Many of my guys are married to teachers and it’s an open joke.

Maldorf it’s the teachers union, they are one of the most powerful unions around. They could care less about the kids. If they can sit home and still collect a full check, then that’s what they’ll do kids be damned. I’m in my own powerful union and I’m not making this up, we all know what’s going on here. Many of my guys are married to teachers and it’s an open joke.
Definitely a powerful factor. The power of the strike is real. I taught many years ago and our union had to threaten a strike to get some concessions. We had gone a number of years without a raise and health insurance was being affected too. At that time I felt like the union was being reasonable.

I dont know what's going now, but it doesn't look good. The union at my daughter's college threatened to strike going into this fall, but somehow the school worked things out. I dont know what they did.

In the US, there are many who believe that everything is a power grab. So if they're made to wear a mask, WHERE DOES IT STOP?! It's the slippery slope fallacy and for them it always go to a place in the long term for control that's meant to restrict your freedoms and turn you into a slave of the state. You are correct in that yes, you have been doing this in Japan and all over Asia for a while now, and it's clear that it works. But we are considering America here where the leading infectious disease expert doesn't know "his ass from his elbow" regarding infectious diseases. Just ask the guy coming hard at the Starbucks employee for asking him to wear a mask even though there's a sign on the door and it's the company, not the government asking you to put it on. He'll tell you about the end game here and it ends with something like population control or something sinister from the deep state cabal that's really in charge of things. If you have time he has dozens of youtube videos of his "research" proving it!

It's a full rejection of expertise. Take a look around the states, any state, any county or city. There's no shortage of guys who have never left their home town who have all the answers on say something like Foreign Policy. I loved coming back from Afghanistan and having guys say "Thanks for your service." and then proceed to tell me all the problems the US has and the solution to those problems. At the time I carried around a world map and a map of the middle east which had no country names filled in. It was for me to better learn geography as it was important to my job. I would ask them to show me where Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan are which is super fucking easy being that they're all right next to each other and not once did one of these guys know even though they had the ever so simple solutions none of these "geniuses" in charge has ever thought of.

This is Dunning-Krueger in action and this is the thing to consider when you see the response of a lot of Americans.

That sort of thinking translates to this pandemic with millions of people who have never taken a science class or even finished high school in a lot of cases calling someone like Dr. Fauci a total dumbass.

"My ignorance is just as good as your expertise."

One thing I have observed alot of people I know who are very concerned with masks and using hand sanitizer, dont eat right, smoke, are obese, and have poor mental health. I think the world in general should promote overall health. I think the phrase is stepping over hundred dollar bills to pick up quarters. Hopefully more gyms stay open i believe the tradeoff of getting physical activity is more beneficial than the risk of getting sick. With winter coming outdoor cardio isn't an option. Someone should do everything possible to control blood pressure and blood sugar as both can harm the kidneys, the organ we worry about most.

One thing I have observed alot of people I know who are very concerned with masks and using hand sanitizer, dont eat right, smoke, are obese, and have poor mental health. I think the world in general should promote overall health. I think the phrase is stepping over hundred dollar bills to pick up quarters. Hopefully more gyms stay open i believe the tradeoff of getting physical activity is more beneficial than the risk of getting sick. With winter coming outdoor cardio isn't an option. Someone should do everything possible to control blood pressure and blood sugar as both can harm the kidneys, the organ we worry about most.
I agree. As long as the gym is taking measures i think it's fine for healthy young people to go there. The elderly I think probably should not, but it should be their choice. People with serious conditions like mine should not, but again there is free will. As you say, for most, the lack of exercise is more of a health risk than going to the gym and risking infection.

It's just everyday common sense.

Vaccines are 95% effective on a virus that the survival rate is 99%? That doesn't seem like common sense to me.

My local gym owner is awesome, she said "come on in, everything is for sale. Each equipment has a sign for sale $1M, we encourage you to test out the product"! A big F you to our Gov!!!

Vaccines are 95% effective on a virus that the survival rate is 99%? That doesn't seem like common sense to me.

My local gym owner is awesome, she said "come on in, everything is for sale. Each equipment has a sign for sale $1M, we encourage you to test out the product"! A big F you to our Gov!!!
Kinda like families having a funeral for their Turkey this Thanksgiving.:p

Well, if 1% are dying you could effectively reduce those deaths by 95%. That is HUGE! So right now in the US there have been over 200,000 that have died. If every American got vaccinated then it might be that only 10,000 people would have died. Thats with 100% compliance.

Of note, i mention myocarditis mainly because i do a lot of cardiac imaging and this is what im around on a daily basis. I know of many other radiologists who have seen many other types of post covid complications with respect to end organ damage with both small and large vessel disease in otherwise previously healthy individuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear