over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OH....MY...GOD! My visit to GNC

I could put out a book on gnc stupidity so im not even going to typ it all out the things iv seen,
"take this it will make your blood stronger, this makes you have more test in your blood and this will make the vains get bigger, this has createin in it and it will make u HUGE. if you mix they all together you will grow fast" poor guy listining was cluless i had left but i realy hope he didnt spend the what seemed to be 350-400$ on crap. and that's not even any protein powder hahaha.

after reading this thread i had to do it. i was at the mall yesterday with the girl and well we were walking by GNC. we pass it the first time and i start telling her about this thread. she says theres no way anyone is that stupid. i said lets find out. after a short stop at macy's we head back to gnc. there are 2 employees in the store, one guy cant be more than 130lbs soaking wet and then there was his counter part at a meaty 220 at around 5'6" with what could have been left over big mack sauce in the corner of his mouth.

i stroll over to the tubs of protien powder and stare at the prices for some of that crap with my jaw dropped nearly to the floor. after about 30 seconds the skinny one comes over and asks if i need help with anything. "well" i said "im looking to put on some muscle and i just dont think i can eat anymore in a single day, so im going to add a shake with 3 of my meals on top of my pre and post workout shakes, just for some added protien and calories."

he stared blankly at me for probably 20 seconds or so but it seemed like an hour. you could see those little retarted gears spinning as his blood pressure spiked and he started to sweat in an effort to quickly come up with some crazy answer to my statement.

after this long pondering he starts to speak. " well i dont think the problem is in your diet. food isnt what really builds muscles!" yup he actually said that..
he goes on " dude, if your getting like 50-100 grams of protien a day thats all you need. you need more testosterone."

i said ok then what should i get. he grabs some crap in a yellow bottle with the label saying results like d-bol or some crap on it. then he talks again. and this might be the best part." dude, i just got off of a cycle of this stuff and its fucking awesome!" He leans in to whisper, " dude, trust me its even better than deca, i had way better gains off this that i ever did off of juice."

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

i cant help myself at this point. im laughing so hard that i let out one of those farts where you stop laughing for a sec to make sure you didnt shit yourself. he asks whats fo funny? shawna, my beautiful and hilarious fiancee decides its time to chime in. oh yeah she said, is that what got you those whopping 12 inch guns there buddy? hell i didnt know she was even paying attention, all i knew is the fat one spent the last 15 min drooling at her. laughing my ass off i asked him who the hell told him all that crap? and why are you handing out advice about anything when your 130lbs? i told him next time he sees someone walk into the store that looks like he might have even drove by a gym in the past 8 years ask that guy for info, because he probably knows more about this than you do. shawna, still alittle disgruntled by the rampant stupidity in the store has one more comment to make, this is why i love her, she says hun can we get the hell out of here before my iq drops any lower listening to this guy, and the fat kid cums in his pants. im sure guns over here is gonna want to help him clean that mess up.

and we left!

I know GNC has its problems and this store in particular seems to be outstanding but I disagree completely with speaking to...or about...someone else like what has been done in this "story" and if it is at all true, I feel sorry for you and your partner because attitudes like this dont come from good people. At least not from people I would want to know.

What is more dissgusting? The fat attendant stairing at your woman? Or your attitude toward other people who dont look as good as you think they should?

Last edited:
You know, I can agree with you on one level about your take on that experience. Here's another way of looking at it too- These salespeople are trying to push products on people claiming they are better than steroids. Unfortunately, when I started working out 20 years ago, if I heard a pitch like that, even if it was coming from skinny kid claiming he had put on some muscle with it, I would have wasted all the money I could lay my hands on to get it.

It's funny to some of us, disgusting to others, but bottom line is that these salespeople are lying to push a product. Does laughing at their obvious lies make you a bad person?

Hey, I know they have to make a living. But there are actually honest ways of doing this, too! On some levels, I think it is a good thing for someone with experience to go in and show them that these obvious lies are just stupid and are doing a disservice to anyone they tell them to!

I don't think this is about laughing at someone because they are not in "good shape". (I could be wrong.) I think this is about the fact that these guys who are not in "bodybuilding shape" are trying to pass themselves off as bodybuilding experts in order to sell some, well, crap!

Last edited:
I think that it's hilarious that everyone has had about the same experience inside of the dreaded GNC stores. Usually it's in a pinch, at a mall, and everyone tries to avoid the jerkoff at the counter! I think this thread has renewed my faith in humanity.:D Besides, if I wanted to pay too much for supps, I would go to my local health food store but they would still be half the price of GNC.

I know GNC has its problems and this store in particular seems to be outstanding but I disagree completely with speaking to...or about...someone else like what has been done in this "story" and if it is at all true, I feel sorry for you and your partner because attitudes like this dont come from good people. At least not from people I would want to know.

What is more dissgusting? The fat attendant stairing at your woman? Or your attitude toward other people who dont look as good as you think they should?

i don gree with otu . if the guy is lieing out if shape and trying to ack liek i KNOW this will make u superman i would laugh in his face also.
for being a lier!

i dont care if you fat well on i think its sad u cant teat your self good and be healthy "soem its genetic" botu out of alllll that clame it its prob like 2%.

i do find it funny.
i dont care if guys 120lb or the fat guy is 245 at 30%bf. but when u put that in wiht the lies about this will make u big i know i took it and th eguy is 120lbs then now thats a factor and the guys a ideot!.

fuck GNC.
somthing tels me your aghh nvm

GNC is better than...

Well, you have to give GNC some credit, they have better supps than Walmart :D

I think walmart might tie them with employee product knowledge.

But seriously, who really would listen to advice on dieting from an overweight person or bulking advice from a skinny person.

Dude the people giving Advice in there scares me I go and spend once and awhile last time I went I bought two Nano Vapors and the Fat kid is shaking the hell out of it. he said oh it won't hurt i said read the label. He said sorry i don't workout i'm too lazy but I do know Madden and Sims I'm like what the hell does that have to do with Pre-Workout. He tried to sell me Halodrol and told me that Winny had nothin on this.

Enough Said.

Dude if you believe 1 word written on a muscletech label :action-s:

GNC

GNC is for people that don't know better a complete waste of time an money. Anything you can get at GNC you can get online for 10xs cheaper.

GNC is for people that don't know better a complete waste of time an money. Anything you can get at GNC you can get online for 10xs cheaper.
There so informed there,i seen them try to sell somebody try to lose weight a gainer.WTF!!!:eek:

gnc is the ultimate noob mistake. come on flashy pictures and all that stuff of course they know what they are talking about:rolleyes:

GNC

When I was in college I worked at GNC, but we had a special store. It was myself and at that time I was competing in the teenager division, the manager was also competing, and another saleman did all natural shows. So when you walked into our store you were greeted by three meat heads. We use to get our friends to come buy stuff then return it, and then we would take the returns home. GNC policy is that your suppose to throw away any return. If you open choc. protein and didn't like the taste and return it we were suppose to throw it away. Yeah right!!!! It went straight in the gym bag.

I sent my g/f in there once to get a protein shaker. I assumed I would get ripped off but only for a few dollars so whatever. Anyway, my g/f knows nothing about working out, protein, supplements, or anything about how GNC sucks and when she got home even she made fun on the salesperson.

When I was in college I worked at GNC, but we had a special store. It was myself and at that time I was competing in the teenager division, the manager was also competing, and another saleman did all natural shows. So when you walked into our store you were greeted by three meat heads. We use to get our friends to come buy stuff then return it, and then we would take the returns home. GNC policy is that your suppose to throw away any return. If you open choc. protein and didn't like the taste and return it we were suppose to throw it away. Yeah right!!!! It went straight in the gym bag.

You must have been outstanding employees. That is something to be proud of.

You must have been outstanding employees. That is something to be proud of.

To be honest once I left I probably only went back a couple of times only when I really needed something, because I missed time my order from an online site.

GNC's policy is to take everything back. So I knew someone who would buy some shit walmart protein and isopure from GNC and return the isooure can full of walmart protein for a refund. They always took it back. I still remember when I bought EAS betagen from GNC in 96' thinking I was going to get huge. 100 bucks for 1 month supply. Expensive learning experience.

GNC's policy is to take everything back. So I knew someone who would buy some shit walmart protein and isopure from GNC and return the isooure can full of walmart protein for a refund. They always took it back. I still remember when I bought EAS betagen from GNC in 96' thinking I was going to get huge. 100 bucks for 1 month supply. Expensive learning experience.

I think a lot of people make the GNC mistake when they start out. Then someone will finally tell them how retarded it is and they'll learn to just get it off the internet infinitely cheaper.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131