YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ok big guys, let's talk clothing please.

canino

Registered
I have no dress shirts and with the holidays coming up the lady of the house does not want me wearing gym clothes to thanksgiving and Christmas this year. That's all I pretty much wear. Hey, it's comfortable, right? Anyway, went to the mall last weekend and of course there were no 3X or 4X shirts. It was funny though. I had my winter coat on and the girl in Dillards picked some 2X shirts out and I told her they wouldn't work. Well, I ended up taking my coat off and she immediately sd, "oh, we won't have anythign in the store for you". So, I went to the Men's big and Tall store and guess what they had? It all looked like farm shirts or just plain ugly ass old fat men shirts. I WANT UP TO DATE, NICE LOOKING, SHIRTS!!!

Do you guys have some websites or a place I can order a catalogue? I miss the big city where there actually were a couple of stores to go to. HELP BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, I can relate and I'm not anywhere's NEAR as big as you bro!

I have to wear a suit quite a bit. A 17-1/2 / 31 "fitted" dress shirt fits me fine (actually, they're too big in the middle), but the suits?!?!? I buy a 48 "short" (which are scarce as hen's teeth), have the sleeves shortened, the length shortened, and at least 12" taken-in in the waist (otherwise it looks like a BIG SACK - LOL). Of course the pants thatcome with it are made for someone that also has a 48" waist- WTF. I've got to exchange for 32" if they have a "big" pleat - and of shortened course.

Sorry I can't help you, only sympathize with you :D

xcel

Guess I'm just a poor boy!

Hell, I do all my shopping at Wal-Mart. I'm a jeans and t-shirt person anyway. The most dressed up I get is a nice sweater with my carpenter pants (guess I'm kinda lucky for not having to wear a suit). My wife is still teasing me because wal-mart was clearing some nice 3x shirts for $ 2.00 each and I bought 5 (Hell it just made my day so I bought 2 new pairs of pants to go with the shirts). Hell, I may be 53 but I guess I'll always just be a redneck farm boy.

Tae** :D :D :D

If you're looking for shirts to wear with a suit your best bet is to find a tailor to make you one. Otherwise you can try to look for an "athletic" cut shirt. I used to have some sites that sold dress shirts but I can't find them, I'll keep looking and post them if I can find them.

Hey tae - 53?! You're older than chuck999 and me!

I'm just a country boy that works in the city. When not at work I'm in shorts and tank or t-shirt.

xcel

Try this

Canino,

I hear your pain, man. 8^)

Try this:

http://www.getbig.com/links/clothes.htm

I think its J. Michaels or something like that that makes dress clothes for BB'ers. Pretty flattering stuff, actually.

-R

Hmm

How big are you guys, Im about 230, I wear a 18 34/35 dress shirt, im almost all upper body, my legs are coming along, and XL seems to fit me ok. Just curios

Bro, I don't know how big you are but I'm 6'5" 1/2 and 270 and I find most of my clothes at the Gap. For some reason they have larger sizes in some nicer shirts and sweaters. Just a suggestion

Try....

this site

**broken link removed**

Some guys I know like it. I haven't order from them because I can still shop at regular stores :( Guess I'll just have to keep getting bigger :D

DrG

I need an 18 1/2 - 34/35 but the shirts are way too big in the stomach. I could fit 2 of my abdomens in the shirt. I am about 5'7" and 225lbs.

L2L

excel!!

Yup 53! Thing I love about getting older is that you don't have to prove a damn thing to anybody and now I do things for the sheer pleasure of it . Like one of my t-shirts says: DEJA VU (BEEN THERE - DONE THAT).

Tae**:cool:

Thanks

for the websites fellas! Yeah, I was looking for nice dress shirts that just go with some Khakis or something. No suits. The nearest Gap is 2 hours away, but when I'm around the area next time I'll have to check it out.

luv2lift! said:
I need an 18 1/2 - 34/35 but the shirts are way too big in the stomach. I could fit 2 of my abdomens in the shirt. I am about 5'7" and 225lbs.
Or you may try and get "fitted" or "athletic cut" (same thing). While these are still too large in abs, they're MUCH better (more than acceptable).

xcel

bro my job requires me to wear suits--so i have to have mine tailored to fit and i am not even that big 5'10" 215lbs--so i feel your pain--especially the woman part--my ex used to get pissed off at the holidays trying to find clothes to fit me---you best bet is to have your shirts custom made--if i ever need that thats when i stop growning

Stick with Sport jackets and dress pants. Suits are all meant for big fat people. Like Xcel said, you get a 48 chest with a 40 waist in a suit. buy your panTs and jacket seperate. Some big and tall shops are crap, others are great. Try a few different ones if you can.

Macdaddy

shirts

try maxx muscle line of shirts.
they have some nice ones and are cutt just for the bodybuilder with that v-look.

Re: Thanks

canino said:
for the websites fellas! Yeah, I was looking for nice dress shirts that just go with some Khakis or something. No suits. The nearest Gap is 2 hours away, but when I'm around the area next time I'll have to check it out.

While you're waiting browse gap.com for ideas.

When I used to work near the Stock Exchange in NY the ad flyers for this company used to get handed out on the street. They have tailors travel cross country to measure clients and have the suits and shirts made and imported from Hong Kong. The Wall Street guys can afford 3 suits for $2000 of course but the do fit perfectly. The site doesn't show how much shirts alone cost though.

http://www.fitwel.com/

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity