advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ok so i went to my doc for Accutane. . .

TooPowerful4u

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
ok im 5'8 215lbs. 21yrs old. He told me i need 80mg ED for 15-20 weeks. Does that sound right? Hes also tellin me i need bloodwork done every week for the first 4 weeks, then 1 every month til im done. Should i tell him all that is not necessary or what? How often is blood tests recommended for the poeple here who have done accutane? My insurance isnt covering most of these blood tests so im lookin at a lot of dough for blood tests if i do it this frequently.

ok i am 22 and when i came off my first cycle i got the worst acne ever i mean systic terrible stuff all over everywhere. i did 40 mg ed for 6 months to clear it up with blood tests every month my liver values were high quite a lot and i wasnt taking anything or drinking at all.

imo 80 mg is over kill and blood testing everyweek at first is over kill also just go with 40 mg ed, but you want to stay on it for as long as possible so it seals up the glands good so that the acne wont come back if you stay on long enough for it to just clear up then there is a good chane it will come back fairly soon

Coming from someone who's worked in a pharmacy yes you absolutlely need to get blood work on accutane. If you don't I wouldn't be suprised if the Doc stops your script for it.

Accutane can cause liver failure among many other side effects when left unmonitered. Sure it's in the minority of users but you would be a fool to take that risk to save a few bucks.

ST

there are other things besides accutaine that will fix the acne...

keep looking... i dont like how toxic accutaine is...

You should try very high doses of B5.
If you have not tried it you certainly should.
If you have and it failed to work for you,
I'd like to hear how you used it.

B5 every day for the rest of my life doesnt sound fun. I want it GONE period. Accutane is known to fix acne long term. Thats what i want and not have to worrya bout it again.

it wont fix it long term unless you stay in for a long period of time like myself i have been off it noe for over a year and have not had one piece of acne since staying on it for only a month wont do much for you if you are prone to getting it, it will come right back soon enough

|--[\\\\]>------- As i posted b4, i had to do blood test once every mth. that is normal and NEEDS to be done. also, 80mgs is a lot, i used to do an avg. of 60mgs, 2 tabs one day, 1 tab the next. as for insurance, if they are covering the medication, wouldnt they cover the doc. visits as well, which would include the blood tests?

Hmmm so you think 40mg ED for 5 months is enough to shut down acne for life? Blood tests arent covered cuase its not at the doc he doesnt have it, its the lab n they send him results.

not for life but for a long time i havent got anything back yet at all, but then with the use of AAS it is going to come back sooner that if you didnt use but at 5 months that shuold seal it up for a good amount of time few years anyway, this is what my dermatologist was telling me and he knew about the AAS he has a few bodybuilder clients so he knew what he was doing along those lines.

80mg/day is what i was given by my doc...Accutane is the best thing going for acne...

Dosage info on a

The dosage should be determined between you and your Doc (I would recommend a Dermatologist) but usually the dose is around half mg per lb of your weight i.e. 200 lbs = around 100mg per day dosage.

It is not known exactly how the medication works but it seems to work on a principle of taking an amount of the drug over time (or total cycle amount) not just a certain mg per day.

The amount taken in total should be around 50mg - 60 mg per 1 lbs weight. So based on the above example if a person weighs 200 lbs the total amount needed would be 10,000 mg -- base this on an assigned daily dosage of 100mg then the course would last for around 15 weeks ( 100mg per day for 100 days = 10,000mg total) which is reflective of the usual 4 month course.

Some trunkle acne on the chest and back requires up to 120-160 mgs per day up to the max 60 mg per lb weight for the total cycle.

Due to all of the side effects the doctor has to be registered to prescribe it. If he is registered he will have a roll of yellow stickers that he has to attach to each prescription. If a prescription does not have the sticker, it will not be filled -- Federal Law. Further, the prescription is not allowed refills. You have to go to the doctor every month for a new prescription. Blood test must be administered once a month throughout the cycle\ not only to check your liver, but to also prove that you are not pregenant -- yes even if you are a male.

The best thing is that Accutane is very, very effective and available in generic. If you are going to take it, put up with the sides effect of dryness and take the entire dosage cycle. If you can take the entire cycle the chance of acne coming back is around 10-20%.

Hope this helps.

TooPowerful4u said:
B5 every day for the rest of my life doesnt sound fun. I want it GONE period. Accutane is known to fix acne long term. Thats what i want and not have to worrya bout it again.

Sounds like you plan on staying on for the rest of your life?...

FYI:

**broken link removed**

http://www.eagle-min.com/faq/faq102.htm

**broken link removed**

-Randy

Not the rest of my life but from all the reading iv done on the boards once treated correctly, itl never come back as strong as it once was ever again. Mine isnt terrible, but i cant stand the small breakout il get all over my chest shoulders n back once in a while. Never on my face. All im tryin to do is avoid having to treat it all the time, i CAN control it, but its a bitch to do so. Shower 3-4x a day just to scrub my chest shoulders n back with grainy acne medication, alcohol, tanning, etc... Id rather not have to worry about it.

The only people who seem to be against it on this board are the ones who never tried it. Everyone who has always has positive to say about it and how great it was and how glad they were they did it.

Accutane

i used it when i was 16 and it was a godsend. i had acne on my face. i was on the treatment for 5 months or so from feb-aug, it cleared it all up and everything is fine since. on gear i still dont get acne even on my body. the only thing that did give me acne was clomid! during treatment, i was using 20mg,40mg,20mg,etc. i dont think he will have to be on for the rest of his life.

80mg would be too much and and you can forget about your liver if you wish to use orals while cycling. i would suggest having the blood work done as this helps the DR guage your liver values. you should reduce the daily dosage to 20mg. why go 80 when you can go 20? dont use orals and dont drink. id say use test,tren or deca or eq if you wish to cycle. good luck.

TooPowerful4u said:
Not the rest of my life but from all the reading iv done on the boards once treated correctly, itl never come back as strong as it once was ever again. Mine isnt terrible, but i cant stand the small breakout il get all over my chest shoulders n back once in a while. Never on my face. All im tryin to do is avoid having to treat it all the time, i CAN control it, but its a bitch to do so. Shower 3-4x a day just to scrub my chest shoulders n back with grainy acne medication, alcohol, tanning, etc... Id rather not have to worry about it.

The only people who seem to be against it on this board are the ones who never tried it. Everyone who has always has positive to say about it and how great it was and how glad they were they did it.

Those folks who had tried it, also seemed to have needed it. I don't know what is standard dermatological practice, but it was my understanding the Accutane was not appropriate for small breakouts. I thought it was for acne vulgaris, rosacea, etc.

I only bring up the B-5 b/c from what I have seen / read, it will easily clear up "small breakout(s)" like yours. Taking a teaspoon of B-5 a day w/o fear of any sides seems a lot easier (and cheaper) than showering 3-4 x / day, tanning, etc.

It seems to me your using a hand grenade to kill a mosquito.

Anyhow, no more meddling from me. GOOD LUCK, TP4U!!!

-Randy

Im placing my order for the b5 as we speak (or type). I did my reading on all the links n stuff, seems like too many possible sides and honestly scared me haha. Also stated complications with contacts which i wear and night blindness, which would both effect my job a lot. Il just take the B5 with my multivitamin every morning like a regular every day thing.

my opinion,

if you are going to take it, take it for the full course. your acne may actually get worse in the first couple weeks, so taking it for a few weeks wont really help.

bloodwork is needed every month, period.

you will get used to scabs in your nose, dry scalp, dry lips. you will always have vaseline on hand, TRUST ME...

its does work great though besides that.. the sides arent that bad, just you are really dry all the time.

later,

todd

accutane, like everything else, makes people react differently. i was prescribed accutane while on my last cycle and she eventually had me taking 160mg/day. i took two 40mg tabs in the morning and at night. now, whether i'm on or not i don't get any acne. i had blood tests once a month for the whole time i was on it (6 mon.), and the only worries we had were my blood pressure and cholesterol. but my bp went down after i got off the dbol. it was worth it IMHO, even though the chapped lips and dry skin almost made me quit.

If the acne really bothers you, and you have treid other opinions without results you should use accutane.
This is what my derm recommands (he have threaten over 200 clients with accu, with 99% success):

Use 1mg per kg bodyweight
The cycle is 600 20mg tabs(preffably org. Roche tabs). Length dosent count -just take all 600 tabs.
3 bloodtest is necessary - after 2weeks - 1,5 months - 3months

Keep up with the sides, and do NOT stop the course without consulting your derm for suggestions.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Urs
NapsGear