over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OKAY HERE IS MY RANT!!

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
as some of you know i occasionally write for a bodybuilding publication. i sometimes get the "honor" of talking to some of the pros and top national competitors on the scene. well, here is my problem with the vast majority of them..
i just got finished with a conversation with a certain pro. he is well known and has placed in the top 10 at the olympia. he was bitchin' about not having a decent income and not having anyway of making money, yada yada yada. i decided to ask him a few questions to see if mr. brainchild could figure out a solution.
here is how the conversation went. i said "so have you looked into maybe doing a video and keeping your name out there. those videos really sell. could be some quick cash" he responds " who has time to do a video? i am trying to get ready for the mr. o, man" i said "it does not take much of your time stud, they follow you around and you workout...how hard is that?" he then says "yeah but, you have to stop and let them set up the cameras and shit. then you have to speak to the audience which will throw off my rhythem" at this point i am a little dumbfounded. i said " yeah but, it is just one frickin' week out of your prep and could generate some income and it will not throw off your workouts at all.. trust me" he retorts "well, i dont have time to set that shit up now" i ask him if he is selling anything on his web site.he says "well, no.. i have not had a lot of time to update it" i then get a little agitated and say " i was just at your web site and you have not updated it in a frickin' year. a whole frickin' year. you mean to tell me that you have not had any time in a whole frickin' year??" he says "well, i was having a buddy do it and he moved and cant do it any longer...what the fuck am i supposed to do?? i dont know that shit" i say "well frickin' learn. it is not that hard. go get some clothes with your logo on them and sell workout t shirts and photos and shit like that " he says " yeah, ill have to look into that...well, i have to go to the store .. ill talk to ya later"
well, beside wanting to kill this idiot i decided to do some investigating. i went to as many of the top pros and national competitors web sites as i could and here is what i found. out of 11 sites , 8 had not been updated in a span of 6 months or more. a few like dexter jacksons had not been updated since their inception. what the hell do these guys do all day??? i only say this because these are the first guys to piss and moan about fickle fans and they have no right to...what are you giving the fans in return??? nothing.
regardless of what you may think of king kamali, he is a smart biz man. the second he starts doing well on the amatuer scene he puts up a web site. he updated it weekly. he started selling apparel and photos. he buildt up a very loyal fan base. he gave back to them by his web site and one other thing....he always answered all e mails from his fans. i do not care what your question was he answered it. i know he got hundreds some days...he answered them all. most pros will not answer e mails...i guess they are to busy... these are also the same pros who can not understand kamali's popularity... thats a tough one to figure out. once he had a loyal folowing he puts out a video..he sold like hot cakes. more money in his pockey.
now father weider then sees this growing popularity and the rabid fans of kamalis and decides, smartly, to sign him to a contract....the third highest paid weider man on the books. and this after one pro show. do the math.
now i will say that not all pros are this way but, the majority are...well ....lazy. we at this board are lucky. we have pros here and they will actually answer your mail. big a , my boyee, will always take the time to answer mail. i do not care if biga wins the mr o tomorrow, he will still be there for anyone who needs help. but, he also understands what it takes to make it in this biz and be successful...most do not. phil also is a very down to earth guy and also answers peoples questions. and i am sure that some days his e mails are pretty abundant. when phil gets back to competing will this change? no, i do not see it happening. phil is phil and i am sure he will always go out of his way when he can to help fellow "bros". bigkiwi is another one who always take time to answer questions and to help out anyone who needs it. why?...well he is a nice guy with little in the way of ego.. that is why he will get some publicity coming up soon.
what i am getting at is this. with all the members on this board and all that know phil...if phil one day put out a workout video or penis pump video would you not buy it?? why? because everyone like to watch other people torture themselves and he also took the time to help others. that builds loyalty and friendship. in turn, you will part with your money to see the video. or buy the clothing . or purchase the photos ect.
so to all those lazy ass , ego abundant pros out there who want more publicity and can not figure out why you are broke and no one wants to write a frickin' story about ya... one day i hope you will wake up and take a page out of kamali's business plan. okay rant over....blood pressure dropping...tren leaving the brain...later p.s. to all the pros who may stumble upon this thread...take the time to answer your e mails from fans. remember, that 16 year old who wants to be you and dreams of the stage one day just wants a connection. take the time to write one sentence..you would be surprised what that kid would do for ya then... like buy all your crap....and it took a whole 2 minutes out of your day. not a bad return.

Right at the end of the finger tips and too lazy to make that extra stretch.

I agree completely with the Kamali thing....he really is a business man, look for him to improve, improve improve...

LATS said:
if phil one day put out a penis pump video would you not buy it??

I already put a deposit on ten copies!

Yeah, I want to reserve a copy right now!

LATS said:
...if phil one day put out a penis pump video would you not buy it??
Where do I sign-up for one? :D

xcel

It wasn't me!!

:D I didn't bring it up Phil. Wasn't me bro. :D

As I began reading your article I thought to myself about Kamali's site and then bam you talked about it. His site is updated alot. I'm not that big of a fan, but I like going from site to site to check out the updates.

Ron Coleman has not updated his site in a very long time. I know he makes good money, but like you sd, a little time out of the day to update a site can make a difference. If I were Ron, I'd want to make even more money.

PENIS PUMP AND YOU VIDEO

THE VIDEO SHOULD BE ON THE SHELVES IN EARLY NOVEMBER. IT SHOWS THE DOs AND DONTS OF THE PENIS PUMP, MEETING THE PUMP FOR THE FIRST TIME, INTRODUCING THE PUMP TO YOUR PARTNERS, PARENTS, ETC.... IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE FIRST 50,000 WHO CALL THE TOLL FREE NUMBER, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN AUTOGRAPHED COCK RING MAKE OF 24 CARAT GOLD.

Re: PENIS PUMP AND YOU VIDEO

PHIL HERNON said:
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN AUTOGRAPHED COCK RING MAKE OF 24 CARAT GOLD.
Are you going to offer ALL sizes, or gonna be a cheapo and have one-size-fits-all! :D

xcel

Excellent post. Also a great point made thats what I really enjoy about this board actually having Pros who know what really goes on. Who also have the courage to use their real name or stage name or something that if your a fan know who it is.

I used to read the mags and see phil that is motivation for me but actually competing in a couple of local shows and meeting guys and girls like Craig titus and sandra blackie Mike Mattazoratzo lee labrada Rich gaspari Gary strydom etc etc is just awesome.

Thats why today I use some of Lees products mainly his protien Labrada60. Keep up the great board Big A and other mods its like no other. MM

massmonster has made a point i would like to address. have you noticed that the pros of the 8o's have gone on to do fairly well? not all but, alot. labrada has his own very successful supplement company. strydom has his own clothing company. christian also has his own clothing company. gaspari has a supplement company. lee haney is a success in what ever he does. the list can go on but, you get the point. also massmonster says what i firmly believe and tried to get across in my post ....loyalty buys product. he meant lee labrada and lee made an impact on him. therefore he uses his products.....it can not get any simplier than that.

Re: Re: OKAY HERE IS MY RANT!!

Big A said:

I already put a deposit on ten copies!
gives a whole new meaning to the words pump and pose dosnt it lol

Good Rant lats, Agree 100%. The sad thing is our sport needs some form of agents to help these guys. All the other sports do! Maybe that is a venture you should start.

DaRooster said:
Good Rant lats, Agree 100%. The sad thing is our sport needs some form of agents to help these guys. All the other sports do! Maybe that is a venture you should start.

There are agents, but look who they have to work with - most of the pros are egotistical, arrogant, womanising, drug addicted unintelligent beings that can't put a sentence together - not too good for a companies image with the general public.

And agreed about the pros from the '80s. Egos were no where close to what tehy are now and they actually enjoyed the fans, not like some pros now that find fans a nuissance.

And Phil - I gotta get me one of those gold cock rings! The king has to wear his gold, doesn't he?? :D

Hell reserve me two copies then Phil. However since your gona have a one size fits all are you gona have affordable versions say in silver, bronze, etc dont know if I could afford the gold right now.:D MM

it takes charisma to make it in the BB biz and some have it and some dont

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc