over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oklahoma Gyms

hulkboy

Registered
Took a job based in OKC with territory along I-35 corridor.

Probably far fetched, as not sure who actually wants to live there. But if anyone lives along that stretch with recomendations where to live, let me know. Also, how are the gyms?

I personally cannot help ya my man, but I’ll bump it up for others to chime in!

Cage

Used to live in OKC for years. Great bodybuilding culture. Train at Four star on May, best gym in the area and 24/7.

I-35 is a highway that goes all the way from Norman (south) through Moore, to OKC and then Edmond. Lol. Going to need to be more specific on where you’re wanting to live.

There’s a phenomenal gym in Moore, I’m not gonna name it in here it’s the best one you’ll find on Google if that helps

Thanks for chiming in y’all, we decided on Edmond, looks like a few places to train that way.

I-35 is a highway that goes all the way from Norman (south) through Moore, to OKC and then Edmond. Lol. Going to need to be more specific on where you’re wanting to live.

Shoulda been more specific, sorry. Office is based out of okc, but I can pretty much choose wherever makes sense for me to live, as I’ll mainly be remote. I Kept it broad for literally anywhere on that stretch. I’ve even considered Ardmore.

Still haven’t 100% decided, we’ll be out there this week looking around more. I’ll have to see if I can find those gyms y’all recommend.

I use to work in El Reno as a petroleum landman. I want to say the interstate going from OKC to El Reno is i40. Now from El Reno going back into OKC there was that first town after the miles of grass surrounding El Reno. That town or right after it but the exit before the Walmart and all that stuff, that exit had a comprehensive gym, for the time. It had everything I needed and dumbbells up to 120 or 130ish. I bet stuff has changed but almost 14 years ago that was what I considered a legit gym. Keep in mind my tastes have evolved. I want to say that coming from the west aka El Reno then once you passed that first developed exit with the hotels then you hit Bethany. I had a fling that lived there and I want to say her exit was labels Bethany then the next exit with the gym was just some road and after that it was the exit with Walmart, buffalo wild wings and all that stuff.
It was a gym that technically had multiple locations but it was not a national chain of 30 plus gyms.

And again my tastes have changed but at the time I had been out at the El Reno gym and that thing closed so getting access to a full gym and only like 30 minutes down the road seemed like heaven. I remember I had stopped working out when I hit El Reno then I got after myself and started at the local gym then like 6 weeks later it closed as in I went one day it was open then the next day all the weights were gone. So getting another gym with more stuff but alonger drive seemed like a win.

I also spent so much time In Mc Alester, it had a nice converted double wide with additions and I always remember how the floor seemed squishy when I did heavy weight.

I actually went out to that area the other day, was it Yukon? There was a golds off 40, similar to where your describing. There looks to be more gyms than I was anticipating thankfully. Tons of CrossFit boxes too.. not that I’m into that sort of thing, but good to see not everyone was methed out, or obese.

Yes I think Yukon might be before the exit, it was not a gold's at the time. I remember the yukon exit as having the hotels that some of my co workers were staying at. The gym was on a different exit. It was some small quasi chain at the time and I remember thinking it was an old furniture store or something like that. The building looked like something else from the outside, like the structure and windows were similar to some other type of chain. I remember thinking "ok they made this work" as I walked in. And it was totally open floor plan once I walked in.

I'm going to have to message the old fling from Bethany and ask her what exit it was because it was one past her. God I got in to trouble in that little area, too young to make that money with no responsibilities.

I do remember that the gym was north of 40 and you could see the interstate from the parking lot, it was right there once you exited and turned north. It was on the right and side of the road if you were coming from El Reno exited then turned north.

I'm happy you found a gym, I do remember thinking that "hey I'm in cornfed country" and I never had a problem finding something that would work. Even if I had to drive a few minutes. On the cornfed skew, Wyoming had some crazy serious gyms in what I would consider small towns. The thing in Wyoming was the town of 5000 was a serious hub for hours around it. Even a town of 1200 had a gym with dumbbells going to 100lbs.

There is a 4 star fitness in west Edmond (2nd and Penn I think). The original 4 star is north of 63rd and May in OKC. Both great w a wide variety of equipment. Depending on how bougie you wanna go, the Lifetime Fitness at Quail Springs Mall is nice, but somewhat limited on space. There are several barbell/powerlifting spots around town too. Hope that helps. Welcome to Oklahoma

I actually went out to that area the other day, was it Yukon? There was a golds off 40, similar to where your describing. There looks to be more gyms than I was anticipating thankfully. Tons of CrossFit boxes too.. not that I’m into that sort of thing, but good to see not everyone was methed out, or obese.
Lol
Methed out or obese….we all ride horses and live in single wides too. Lol

The Pioneer Woman lives in OK....just saying. I can't help. I have a cousin who moved out there a few years back because her husband took a job there...I can't remember which part though. She apparently really likes it there, if that helps at all.

...i'm not helping at all:(

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner