over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old freind with a dificult personality

Amazon Doll

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
He's an old freind in 2 ways, I have been best buddies with him since 1988 and he is 67 years old. He's a grouchy loner that I go on vacation with do his books for his business,give him back rubs, cook him home cooked meals, run the crane or tugboat if I am in town and he needs help at work & have a room in his house when ever I go to his town. He makes up for being a cold unemotional person by being finacially extravigant with me.

He has a million quirks and I know them all. I know how to keep him calm and serene so he can enjoy my company (the only person in the world he is close too) He talks non stop when I get around him since he talks to no one else. I hate talking as I live alone because I prefer quite a bit of silence.

When he does talk he sucks at it and says stuff that really pisses me off, like comments on my mistake or life choices. I just smile and say "yes dear" One time a kid ran me off the road and then got out of his vehicle and ran up to me and called me a "white bitch" and spit in my face. I sat there and took it because I knew there was.t danger & felt no need to esculate it. I told my friend about it and he replyed "your big mouth is going to get you killed one day" i never said a word to the punk but was in a very zen like state to keep myself from pulling out a gun from under the seat.

He talks in circles avoiding saying anything outright and never is ever confrontational.

So 2 weeks ago he called and left a mesage that said "How are you, how is Rover, how is Fluffy, Mimi's dead"

I was like "holy shit...and tried to call him back, no answer, I told him to call me asap. We knew 3 Mimi's, one was a girl that at one time was hui gf and also a close friend after they broke up, the next was married to his fellow employee that lived down the street, the other was a woman that ran the dive shop we use. I was sure it wasn't the last because we didn't know her that well, but the other 2 would be very difficult to bear.

As I waited by the phone, my mind raced as to what could possibley happened.

When he finally called I tried to stay calm and ask him which Mimi it was. He told me and I asked what happened!!!

He told me............I pushed he off a cliff. I asked if it was one of his dreams and he said yes and my blood boiled and I hung up on him. :(

Normally I would have called back in a few days and acted like nothing happend and it would be gone (we do not talk about stuff, just ignore it & it goes away) but I am over it!!!

To many years of putting up with his immature shit! I just can't call. He's my closest & best friend and the only "family" I got.

I could make it all go away with one phone call, but I can't bring myself to pick up the phone...........and no dammit I don't need a hug, I'm still to pissed off.

Last time I got mad I stayed away for 2 years. I don't want to hurt him because the last time he was crushed, but I am so tired of this dysfunctional friendship and he is never going to change.

Hey Sweetie! As I see it, you two are so very similar it's scary. Now the age difference is thfactor here. have you considered that this old friend is slowly getting tired of being all alone? Your friendship to him means more to him than he will ever, ever admit. Why do you think he calls you? he is lonely and in need of someone close to him to vent, talk or express! He has no one else really. He obviously has a unique way of dealing with things in his life. You say he is immature, well this may be true, but does he know any other way? Have you tried giving him back some of the shit he dishes up? Some older men respect this more. Instead you just take it. Call him, do not cut the ties and the friendship you have. You are right, this would hurt him deeply, even though he would never admit this to you.

As for the young punk that ran you off the road! I would have put two into the engine block of his car and said........HAVE A NICE DAY!!:D

When I first met him I would butt heads with him trying to get him from being sucjh a pain in the rear. He would come home from work and go on & on for hours about all the garbage he delt with. I waould say I've heard enough and be rude to him.

Then one day when he wqs going on & on & on...I lovingly took his hand in mine (he doesn't do the touchy feely stuff at all) and looked longingly into his eyes and said "I love you so much" he got scared & left the house. I did the same thing for 3 days in a row and he stopped complaining.

Now when I visit I ask him what is going on and he can have a somewhat normal conversation.

He's not immature as much as he is emotionally stunted.

I am all he has and I could go live with him anytime I want. :eek: but that is too much stress on me. Now I need to decide if I really want to continue this friendship.

I think the only reason I would is because it would hurt me to know he was truely alone.

amazon doll, you obviously care for this guy. dont let him drive you away. when i think about relationships i have lost and a very close friend of mine who i recently lost, the first thing that i think of is what i would say/do if they were here right now. obviously you need to look out for yourself and keep yourself number 1, but you might want to think about how you would feel if this was the absolute end of your relationship with him because he passed away.:(

He's an old freind in 2 ways, I have been best buddies with him since 1988 and he is 67 years old. He's a grouchy loner that I go on vacation with do his books for his business,give him back rubs, cook him home cooked meals, run the crane or tugboat if I am in town and he needs help at work & have a room in his house when ever I go to his town. He makes up for being a cold unemotional person by being finacially extravigant with me.

He has a million quirks and I know them all. I know how to keep him calm and serene so he can enjoy my company (the only person in the world he is close too) He talks non stop when I get around him since he talks to no one else. I hate talking as I live alone because I prefer quite a bit of silence.

When he does talk he sucks at it and says stuff that really pisses me off, like comments on my mistake or life choices. I just smile and say "yes dear" One time a kid ran me off the road and then got out of his vehicle and ran up to me and called me a "white bitch" and spit in my face. I sat there and took it because I knew there was.t danger & felt no need to esculate it. I told my friend about it and he replyed "your big mouth is going to get you killed one day" i never said a word to the punk but was in a very zen like state to keep myself from pulling out a gun from under the seat.

He talks in circles avoiding saying anything outright and never is ever confrontational.

So 2 weeks ago he called and left a mesage that said "How are you, how is Rover, how is Fluffy, Mimi's dead"

I was like "holy shit...and tried to call him back, no answer, I told him to call me asap. We knew 3 Mimi's, one was a girl that at one time was hui gf and also a close friend after they broke up, the next was married to his fellow employee that lived down the street, the other was a woman that ran the dive shop we use. I was sure it wasn't the last because we didn't know her that well, but the other 2 would be very difficult to bear.

As I waited by the phone, my mind raced as to what could possibley happened.

When he finally called I tried to stay calm and ask him which Mimi it was. He told me and I asked what happened!!!

He told me............I pushed he off a cliff. I asked if it was one of his dreams and he said yes and my blood boiled and I hung up on him. :(

Normally I would have called back in a few days and acted like nothing happend and it would be gone (we do not talk about stuff, just ignore it & it goes away) but I am over it!!!

To many years of putting up with his immature shit! I just can't call. He's my closest & best friend and the only "family" I got.

I could make it all go away with one phone call, but I can't bring myself to pick up the phone...........and no dammit I don't need a hug, I'm still to pissed off.

Last time I got mad I stayed away for 2 years. I don't want to hurt him because the last time he was crushed, but I am so tired of this dysfunctional friendship and he is never going to change.

After reading through your entire post, you don't say one thing positive about your friend. I am curious why or how you are friends with someone who has so many negative attributes and so few positive ones. You state, "I am so tired of this dysfunctional friendship and he is never going to change". Therefore, I think the solution is pretty clear, it is time to end your friendship. I know I make it sound easier and more clear cut than it is; but I think you have to agree it doesn't sound like much of a true friendship to begin with.

My counselor once told me that people are human and they are not perfect. Relationships aren't perfect. So people don't always think of their friends or family first... friends and family aren't perfect. The thing you have to consider with friendships or relationships is if they are hurting or doing you harm. If this relationship is harmful to you... physical, mental or emotionally then you should consider severing ties. Other than that... it's just dysfunctional... nothing perfect.

What is a true friendship?

To me a true friend is someone who is there for me day in and day out unconditionally for intrinsic reasons upon which I reciprocate the same.

Well he is always there for me and I for him. I can always count on him and he can pretty much count on me. We are both difficult people and he is the only 1 of 3 people I am really close with, and I am the only person he is close with.

We know and accept each others weakness and character flaws. Sometimes it is just hard. I'm sure I drive him nuts too, but I am more flexible and actually work towards making him happy, he just buys me things to make up for his grouchiness (he said this)

I could go on and on about his good quailities, but I'm mad at him :D

I guess I am wondering if his stupid phone call was over the top idiotic or maybe it's a straw that broke the camels back, I need some outside perspective.

Well he is always there for me and I for him. I can always count on him and he can pretty much count on me. We are both difficult people and he is the only 1 of 3 people I am really close with, and I am the only person he is close with.

We know and accept each others weakness and character flaws. Sometimes it is just hard. I'm sure I drive him nuts too, but I am more flexible and actually work towards making him happy, he just buys me things to make up for his grouchiness (he said this)

I could go on and on about his good quailities, but I'm mad at him :D

I guess I am wondering if his stupid phone call was over the top idiotic or maybe it's a straw that broke the camels back, I need some outside perspective.
AHHHH, so you hit the nail on the head, i was waiting for you to come out with that! Ok so you are mad at him! Who doesn't get mad at another we care for or love at one time or another. What becomes of it? You can probably answer this one yourself, but you get over it and get on with it! I would simply tell him that he pissed you off big time and that it was stupid! Tell him thaty it scarred the shit out of you and that is why you got angry! Tell him that material things are all good but how about sharing his feelings with you once in a while. You see we all like to know we are wanted or needed by someone else. It puts a higher importance on our sense of purpose, our reason for being. Nothing is more fulfilling or gratifying than being valued by another, being wanted by another, whether for friendship or love or both. It is simply nice to know you are wanted and appreciated for being there. So of course it is nice to hear this once in a while from someone close. Remind him of the fact you are a WOMAN and these things matter! He's been around long enough to know this, he has just forgotten. So it's ok to be mad! Get over it baby, it's not the first nor will it be the last time. Real friends are forever, thick and thin, cherish the time you have left with him. He will be gone all too soon sweetie. Hard but true!

haha.......if I started saying that stuff even in the nicest sweetest voice he would get up an leave the room. He doesn not want to talk or have anything to do with that sort of stuff. All I can do is act like it never happened.

he's a weird one!

Oh hell ya I'm pissed, but I gotta get over it or forget him, one or the other, he's not going to budge!

So, oldfella, are you an old cremudgeon like this??? :D

Wow. You know...there is a lot going on here but I would sit back and first realize that he probably cares about you a great deal and just has problems showing it. I'm also going to venture that he is depressed and trying to get your attention. His joke wasn't funny to you, but made him feel good. We often hurt the ones we are closest to the most, sometimes sadly at the expense of our friends. Its a sign that he may not be very happy inside.
Just looking at this from the outside, you seem to have sort of isolated yourself to his friendship only. Do you have other friends that you hang out with and do things with? Sometimes that can really help. Especially if they're positive people. Just a thought.

oh yeah, he's like a little kid sometimes.

I don't want to change him because I don't beleive in that stuff. Truthfully just talking about it here has helped alot to calm me down and remember what I do like about him and just accept the good with the bad. Of course I know he didn't mean ti hurt me but man I got worked up thinnking Mimi was dead :p

and no I don't have any friends, I dislike being around people, even good ones.

haha.......if I started saying that stuff even in the nicest sweetest voice he would get up an leave the room. He doesn not want to talk or have anything to do with that sort of stuff. All I can do is act like it never happened.

he's a weird one!

Oh hell ya I'm pissed, but I gotta get over it or forget him, one or the other, he's not going to budge!

So, oldfella, are you an old cremudgeon like this??? :D
Oh helllllll no!

You haven't worked me out yet have you??? I am heaps more fun than he is. Maybe we'd better take this private.....:p :cool: I love the touchy feely stuff and probably be all over you like a rash!!;) :p . Does this sound like an old cremudgeon to you?????? HAHAHAHAHA!

Oldfella, I was going to pack my bags and come your way and let you get touchy feely with me......... but I called my friend.

I acted like nothing happened and opened with "I need you to take this survey" and I made him answer all these questions in This: http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/yankee_dixie_quiz.html

by the time I got done with him, his embaressment was over and we were talkin normal like nothin happened.

thanks guys for helping get over my hissy bitch fit!

Oldfella, I was going to pack my bags and come your way and let you get touchy feely with me......... but I called my friend.

I acted like nothing happened and opened with "I need you to take this survey" and I made him answer all these questions in This: http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/yankee_dixie_quiz.html

by the time I got done with him, his embaressment was over and we were talkin normal like nothin happened.

thanks guys for helping get over my hissy bitch fit!
Shit baby........don't let your friend stop you!!!!:D :D

You see, I told you to get over it! and you found a way. Good to hear darlin, cause he is a real friend, admit it or not. ;)

hehe.........OF you are such a flirt!

don't stop!!!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear