YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old Guy - What about 500 mg a week continious?

I think what is important to stress with whatever
doctor you go to, is that you want what is optimal
for you. And that may mean that your testosterone
numbers are on the high end and may be out of
normal range.

I started at a lower dosages and have tried higher
dosages, always directly under a doctors supervision.
Currently, I'm using 400mg per week of Test C with
and I have never felt better and I'm in my mid 50's.
I get blood test four times a year or whenever I want.

We adjusted my dosage by how I felt and then followed
up with blood testes to see we are doing no harm in
other areas and this is where I landed.

Maybe I'm a hyperexcretor or a hypermetabolizer,
but my total test breaks 1,100 one week after a
400mg injection and my doctor has no problems
with it and I have been doing this for years.

In my case . . .who wants to feel (and look) like a
"normal" 50 some year old?

You are doing it correctly by working with your doctor. The vast majority of people are not. They are just guessing at their weekly dosage without doing bloodwork to get things dialed in. This is what is necessary for a proper HRT program. I tip my hat to you alfresco.

PB

A couple of corrections here. First injecting sus250 eod will be 1 gram of test per week IE 4x's a week, Not needed. Young guns you are way off. Enanthate and cypionate have 7-9 day half lives. Propionate has a 3 day half life.

For steady levels you are better off with a single ester test like enanth or cyp. at 150-200mg per week this would be in the realm of HRT.

I would suggest that before some of the less experienced here give out advice they know what they are talking about. For those that are seeking advice I would use the search function here a lot more and rely less on bad advice!

hey Chuck999. I love stories like yours. I am in my mid-50s myself :) Looks like I have plenty of good training days ahead of me. What you said is very true about the later in life you get, the more your training makes a difference in your appearance vs. your peers. Keep defying time bro!

I totally agree with Paul Bunyan's advice 100%. You don't need 500 mg a week year round. I don't know about you, but as I have got a bit older, I tend to watch the sides a little closer (BP, cholesterol, RBCs, etc). Lower doses make it easier to keep everything in check.

hey Brick! I'm glad to read posts like yours. I'm 55 and basically use TEST and GH ; 2 different docs of mine said that I have the body of a 35 year old and I totally attribute it to that. My point being is that I think bodybuilding can really extend to late in life although like yourself I am watching sides and getting kind of paranoid myself about heart etc. In fact I am having a nuclear stress test tomorrow to determine if there is any partially clogged arteries. I figure if I am going to so AAS and GH I might have well have all the diagnostic tests possible....

Hope the above makes sense :)

MIke

hey Brick! I'm glad to read posts like yours. I'm 55 and basically use TEST and GH ; 2 different docs of mine said that I have the body of a 35 year old and I totally attribute it to that. My point being is that I think bodybuilding can really extend to late in life although like yourself I am watching sides and getting kind of paranoid myself about heart etc. In fact I am having a nuclear stress test tomorrow to determine if there is any partially clogged arteries. I figure if I am going to so AAS and GH I might have well have all the diagnostic tests possible....

Hope the above makes sense :)

MIke

hey Mike, damn, I never get the "I look 35". People tell me I look 40 :D

Good luck on that stress test. It sure puts your mind at ease. I think that is a great test to have done at 50 years old and over, especially if you have ever used. I had one 1 1/2 years ago and everything looked fine. I think those should be done at 50 just the same as a colon screening. Not exactly fun, but better than the alternative.

IMO running 500 mg test continuously all year long would have you running a big risk of getting your hematocrit too large. THis will make your blood thicken and increase the chance of clotting. Some men have hematocrit problems when taking a dose 1/2 of that. You also mentioned throwing in EQ, and this is notorious for increasing hematocrit. If youre going to try something like this I would have a CBC run fairly regular. Might want to purchase a hemoglobin meter for home use and test once a month. Hematocrit can rise pretty fast. Mine just went from 36 to 49 in 1 month. 50 is about the highest its supposed to be. they will take blood donations if yours is as high as 54. Any higher than that and you must have a doctors script to give blood.

IMO running 500 mg test continuously all year long would have you running a big risk of getting your hematocrit too large. THis will make your blood thicken and increase the chance of clotting. Some men have hematocrit problems when taking a dose 1/2 of that. You also mentioned throwing in EQ, and this is notorious for increasing hematocrit. If youre going to try something like this I would have a CBC run fairly regular. Might want to purchase a hemoglobin meter for home use and test once a month. Hematocrit can rise pretty fast. Mine just went from 36 to 49 in 1 month. 50 is about the highest its supposed to be. they will take blood donations if yours is as high as 54. Any higher than that and you must have a doctors script to give blood.

you think maybe your heart attack was due to hematocrit being so high for so long. When I gave blood a month ago mine was 53 and I just gave more yesterday and it was 50 so im just gonna keep giving every month till im down to around low 40's.

you think maybe your heart attack was due to hematocrit being so high for so long. When I gave blood a month ago mine was 53 and I just gave more yesterday and it was 50 so im just gonna keep giving every month till im down to around low 40's.

Doctor does not think so, since I had it down to high 40s and it was 51 the day of the attack. I got it down by giving blood. It had been down for many months before the attack. Cannot be 100% sure though.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131