advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old guys have bad messages for the young.

Pekkerwood

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Having lunch yesterday and ran into a "trainer" who has had good, if "not informed" results for over twenty years.

This guy has earned my respect by turning out state level winners of peeps he trained.

Mostly female. Not all. I have seen in person a guy go through a divorce (good athlete, never (trained), win his first show with this guy.

Have not caught up in a minute. Here is the thing. Most of the people we discussed were dead. HayZeus!! Most, not some, not one, most!

I am 55, he is 44, and we are talking about the same folks. Geez. Makes me feel....different about those who are not doing it for their only way out.

Richer is easier in other ways. No doubt.

OK

PWood

Last edited:
you're saying he's an advocate of high dosages and a large percentage of his former clients have died at a young age?

Mostly females are dying?

xlle10.jpg

He talked about other bodybuilders with his trainer. The bb'ers they talked about were around his age and most of them had already passed. He's saying because of high dosages that they used because it was their "only way out" financially. Or so they thought.

Having lunch yesterday and ran into a "trainer" who has had good, if "not informed" results for over twenty years.

This guy has earned my respect by turning out state level winners of peeps he trained.

Mostly female. Not all. I have seen in person a guy go through a divorce (good athlete, never (trained), win his first show with this guy.

Have not caught up in a minute. Here is the thing. Most of the people we discussed were dead. HayZeus!! Most, not some, not one, most!

I am 55, he is 44, and we are talking about the same folks. Geez. Makes me feel....different about those who are not doing it for their only way out.

OK

PWood
Getting older sucks and it's getting scarier when you see those around you, same age or younger, dying.
In the last month, I've had 3 people in my circle die.

sorry, so what you mean is, many of the bodybuilders used high dose are dying? female?

I get what he's saying. And I'd bet it's not all high-dosers.

I agree. We always said, ~Who knows what will happen 20 years down the line~ That began in the 90's Well, it's 20 years down the line now and we're dropping fast. So, turns out, staying on high doses of gear all year, for decades, is not good for us! Who knew!?! LOL

We're all doing what we want with our bodies, but yeah, we've all been warned at this point.

OK

PWood
Hey no disrespect intended but can you elaborate a lil more brother... I'm interested in what you're saying, just not fully getting your point...

I don't want to speak on PW's behalf guys, but I think based on the tittle and the message, that he's just basically reminding us that alot of us, myself at times included get caught up in this lifestyle winning shows, looking good, feeling alpha, when in reality we are B. S. ing ourselves at this point all of us guys that have been around the boards for years have logged in and seen the dreadded RIP brother thread soooo many times, yet we continue down this same path...At PW's age alot of the BB's around his area he knew have already passed, guys...your 40's shouldn't be the last decent years of your life, this sport can still be very rewarding without having to keep the pedal to the metal year round....Obviously at the upper echelons greater risks are required in the form of more extreme drug use, but if you're not in the "upper echelons" of the game, be at peace with it, and be the best damn bodybuilder you can personally be, and do it responsibly...we have a ton of knowledge on this board....read Dc's thread Dude is still massive at his age on TRT and a whole slew of health supps... Lk3 has a ton of good info on these things as well...as much as I want to hit 280 ripped with 22's I would rather be around for my family, friends, and one day the kids I don't even have yet...Long winded I know, but PW is looking out for the guys that haven't "gotten" the msg yet...at least that's what I got out of it, and hope some of you do too.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FKi342jWM"]DRUGS MAKES YOU GO CRAZY STUPID - BEST OF PEOPLE HIGH ON DRUGS COMPILATION - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiqxTKrP-KQ"]10 Moments When People Take Too Much Drugs - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I reread my post and didn't get the message either! I have been out of pocket for a minute as I had a couple properties in Fla and SC coasts invite Matthew inside.

I was catching up with a well respected trainer that have have know for a couple decades. Catching up with each other we asked about guys we fell out of touch with. I knew some, he knew others. The answer: "He died" happened way too often. Shockingly often.

We were not discussing folks in there eighties, we were discussing people in their forties an fifties. Most had never competed outside and state level, and most had never won their division.

It just struck me, that if these folks could be resurrected today for a podcast, I bet they each would have changed what they focused on in life.

The most successful guy I trained with had a collection of trophies worth $100 bucks. I think he also got a cool sword once. He is dead. He died with a six pack and an incredible ability to squat and leg press. He also left two children who are not impressed with those numbers.

If this is not your business, do not make it your life. Make it part of your life. If you were small and picked on, and not noticed by the ladies, and lifting changed all that and gave you confidence. Great. That is what is supposed to happen. To then worship it and think the bodybuilding genie will grant you even more wishes, you are carrying it to far... and giving it too much credit. You already were a good guy. You already were capable of confidence. Bodybuilding just helped you unlock it. Don't think that it is the only way. Training and bodybuilding teaches us a lot. And is a lot of fun. Take the lessons learned and apply them to other parts of life.

Unless you compete and/or are sponsored, most fanatics to this lifestyle and sport would be better served to mix in hiking, a cardio based sport, additional classes, investor groups, cooking classes, yoga, reading groups, fishing, etc into their lives.

Eat well, train hard, Do Other Things! Do not "Live the lifestyle". It only pays for a few. Live a more complete, fulfilled lifestyle. Leverage your newfound dedication and determination into more areas. Have a happy, complete life. Do not be a story about the ripped dude who died.

PWood

Life

Every choice you make in life has a risk associated with it, every choice. You have to balance how you want to live that life against the risk associated with. I choose to drive fast, workout hard, and manage my hormones as close to peak as I feel maximizes my effort. I realize the risk and I am good with that, because I refuse to live in fear of death! Im don't take stupid chances, like those that exceed reasonable data available from research. And I use every precautionary measure I can find to mitigate any damage I do in this effort. But like Clint said "we all got it comin"... So I live my life and I am happy in it...

Sorry guys, I reread my post and didn't get the message either! I have been out of pocket for a minute as I had a couple properties in Fla and SC coasts invite Matthew inside.

I was catching up with a well respected trainer that have have know for a couple decades. Catching up with each other we asked about guys we fell out of touch with. I knew some, he knew others. The answer: "He died" happened way too often. Shockingly often.

We were not discussing folks in there eighties, we were discussing people in their forties an fifties. Most had never competed outside and state level, and most had never won their division.

It just struck me, that if these folks could be resurrected today for a podcast, I bet they each would have changed what they focused on in life.

The most successful guy I trained with had a collection of trophies worth $100 bucks. I think he also got a cool sword once. He is dead. He died with a six pack and an incredible ability to squat and leg press. He also left two children who are not impressed with those numbers.

If this is not your business, do not make it your life. Make it part of your life. If you were small and picked on, and not noticed by the ladies, and lifting changed all that and gave you confidence. Great. That is what is supposed to happen. To then worship it and think the bodybuilding genie will grant you even more wishes, you are carrying it to far... and giving it too much credit. You already were a good guy. You already were capable of confidence. Bodybuilding just helped you unlock it. Don't think that it is the only way. Training and bodybuilding teaches us a lot. And is a lot of fun. Take the lessons learned and apply them to other parts of life.

Unless you compete and/or are sponsored, most fanatics to this lifestyle and sport would be better served to mix in hiking, a cardio based sport, additional classes, investor groups, cooking classes, yoga, reading groups, fishing, etc into their lives.

Eat well, train hard, Do Other Things! Do not "Live the lifestyle". It only pays for a few. Live a more complete, fulfilled lifestyle. Leverage your newfound dedication and determination into more areas. Have a happy, complete life. Do not be a story about the ripped dude who died.

PWood

I took a stroll down that path but somehow by the grace of God lived to tell my tale. Even today I still wonder how I made it. I was hanging by a string in the hospital for that first day in ICU. It scares you straight I will tell you. I am thankful to me alive now and look at things so much differently.

It's not just the drugs either. Walking around at a higher bodyweight is just plain BAD. Fat or muscle, similar effects on your heart. It's just a lot of work to pump blood through all that extra tissue.

Live fast, die young. Every day I am more and more convinced it is one of the most overrated and plain stupid slogans. It is a pity many young people don't give a f....

Getting older sucks and it's getting scarier when you see those around you, same age or younger, dying.
In the last month, I've had 3 people in my circle die.
From suspected AAS related health issues. Juice (as we use it), gh and eating tons isn't healthy, that's for sure.

That's rough man, will you share an age range? Were they pretty heavy users?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131