over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old newspaper clipping of me 3 years ago

Ivan

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I was in college still ---- the pic looks terrible, makes me look like I have no chest etc...

Last edited:
what dicipline do you know best as far as competing and fighting ivan? have you been training in that style since your we a kid?

my style

I guess I would have to say it is similar to Ry --- submission wrestling; crosstrained with MT Kickboxing.

When I was younger I loved to scrap, but I did not like going to the ground, I liked to "bang" as fighters say (means stay on your feet and throw blows) and that only got me so far....wrestling helped iron out the kinks, and soon I wanted to go to the ground.

Shootfighting is great stuff. As an amatuer I was undefeated and I fought A LOT of these "triple black belt 3rd degree horseass karate/TKD/kempo" guys....Sorry but they did not hold a candle to me ---- mostly because in most of these disciplines, staying on your feet is key....so what happens when a grappler fires in with a single leg and takes you down? OH YEAH......

Funny thing though --- almost all of these guys lost to me by way of KO...Movies (Jackie Chan stuff) make all these arts look untoucheable...when the truth is that it is nothing more than a mediocre defense system, and more of a "show" art form.
Don't get me wrng, I am sure there is some tough guys out there with these abilities, but here is the bottom line: Take the best karate guy, against the best wrestler, karate guy would last maybe 30 sec...I have seen it MANY, MANY times...

One of the toughest fights I had as an amateur was when I fought this Mexican kid from Southern Cal. He was a terrific boxer and knew how to use his knees....that was a bloody one.

i admire the dicipline as i myself was in martial arts as a kid but like you said it was a karate style and it was mainly kata and show fighting. when you go to the ground thats when the real deal starts. i have a friend who trains BJJ and i was thinking of just trying to learn a few things from his sessions he goes to. not to compete but rather learn from it. props to you ivan, thats some tough shit to do

I have to agree with IVAn when it comes to the arts of KARATE, I would take BJJ, wrestling, shoot fighting, and MUY TAI KB over the KATAS. Yes it si a beautiful art form but not too many people are going to stand there and watch you throw a round house. 90% of fights lead to the ground and if you cannot battle on the ground..then lights out. Watch UFC 1 and it will tell you right fromthe first fight.

The KOREAN was 12 years TAI KWON DOE and 10 KENPO. HIs oppent was 7 years BJJ, boxing, and college wrestling...well, the wrestler took the 3 punches as he shot in and is was over in the matter of 30 seconds.

No offense to those who have studied KARATE...it teaches dicipline, hand eye cordination, balance, strength, focus, and all that stuff. I just feel that 9 times out of 10 the grappler will win

S.C.A.R.S

Ever hear of SCARS training! My lil buddy used to train with this guy says it was even better the BJJ I went and watched once very brutal.

here is an article about the training and the man who invented it.

http://www.fightingarts.com/reading/article.php?id=46

oh and here is the website link
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Funny thing about martial arts of past!!

While I will never knock any discipline all old one's have their faults. The stand up fighters always relied on their opponent doing a certain kind of punch or kick in certain order. When shit hits the fan it is ALL different and them saying that noone would get them on ground so why bother learning was suffice to say a big MISTAKE!! I actually started off doing Thai boxing and wing Chun kung fu. Then I studied under Bruce Lee's student for awhile then moved on to Jujitsu, brazilian Jujitsu then shootfighting. Plan is to take what will work from each and discard what won't. If I started fighting now I would have to do so in the 250-260 range or less to keep up w/ guys today. Either that or hope I am always in mount position.LOL BTW guys, if your wondering, YES IVAN could beat me up.

RY

i was involved in olympic wrestling from the age of till 18 hell u dont know crazy till u sit in an arm bar for3 mins feeling your shoulder being torn to shreads because u refuse to lose. I have to completly agrea with u guys most fights end on the ground.

I'm telling ya

I met the guy at SCARS and one of his sons with my lil buddy who is a pretty good mixed martial fighter, even with him there I almost tinkled in my pants. The guys that train there most anyway are guys with high level belt blah's blah from all kinds of styles and each one left shaking their heads. One of the guys was local to Phoenix was something like a tenth degree black belt he got taken down and submitted and then just got up and left. If I weren't such a pussy I'd pay 5 k to do it but I know just enough to chase convicts so thats good enough for me.

I have to say that a lot fo winning comes from inside.

If you know you cannot lose and you refuse to let things hurt you, you have a much better chance of coming out on top. I have always told myself that I will not lose...fight until the other person is dead or close to it. HEll, they aer trying the same so why not beat them to it.

I was a national champ for sparring in Kung fu back in 95. After winning my title, I went into an aiki jitsu class to broaden my training horizons, thinking I would do pretty well for myself against anyone they had. Fuck was I wrong. I got my ass handed to me several times, many different ways that day. You MUST incorporate ground fighting into any style you choose that is a stand up system.

And if all else fails.....

Attachments

• deserteagle.jpg
    deserteagle.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 452
Nice 50 cal Vein...

...I didn't know you collected guns. I got one rare AR-15 that there are only 2 in world cause it is a modified sniper. I still want to move to state where I can have an MP-5.hahahaha When I was 7 years old all I was made to do w/ my father is build guns since he was a gunsmith. God I love guns but, here in NJ if you have one they think your a criminal.LOL Man I hope this country rethinks its own ways.

RY

Re: Nice 50 cal Vein...

Ry Roid said:
...I didn't know you collected guns. I got one rare AR-15 that there are only 2 in world cause it is a modified sniper. I still want to move to state where I can have an MP-5.hahahaha When I was 7 years old all I was made to do w/ my father is build guns since he was a gunsmith. God I love guns but, here in NJ if you have one they think your a criminal.LOL Man I hope this country rethinks its own ways.

RY

If you want full auto you can move to FL. Just make sure you get in good with the sheriff. Believe it or not the county Sherrif)not a regular deputy) decides on a case by case basis if you are allowed a FULLY auto, read machine gun. :)

Vein that's funny

Seriously I thought I was going to piss my pants when that picture popped up. That would be a last, last resort but a funny pic none the less.

Re: S.C.A.R.S

Fathead said:
Ever hear of SCARS training! My lil buddy used to train with this guy says it was even better the BJJ I went and watched once very brutal.

here is an article about the training and the man who invented it.

http://www.fightingarts.com/reading/article.php?id=46

oh and here is the website link
**broken link removed**

Ya I have heard of this, but never studied it. It seems to be something I would certainly advocate -- it is the REAL LIFE shit, and it works. Thanks for the links Fathead, and I like your avatar --- but my hulk is better LOL:D :D :D :D :p

my kenpo instructor got mad at me because the students and i were sparing live and they decided to let everyone to use what ever they wanted andthey all got fucked up even my instuctor when i busted out my double leg taken down and arm bar.

Re: Re: Nice 50 cal Vein...

Crowler said:

If you want full auto you can move to FL. Just make sure you get in good with the sheriff. Believe it or not the county Sherrif)not a regular deputy) decides on a case by case basis if you are allowed a FULLY auto, read machine gun. :)

Holy smokes, I thought full auto anyting was illegal.....I like to keep it simple 12 guage shotgun with slugs always brings a smile to my face when I go shoot pumpkins.:cool:

Is this it RY?

Hey is this the gun you were talking about?

Attachments

• mp5a3_2_r3_c2.gif
    mp5a3_2_r3_c2.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 301
must feel great feeling of acomplishment/pride to have that MMA in your past, especially WINNING, i have 3 friends total if i count you that are competitive.. Its always been a dream of mine to do but ive alway had health problems holding me back, i know my stupid state powerlifter record hasnt left my ego ands its been a good 3 years so you must feel great about yourself, If im in better condition in the future I would love to spar with you... I have a lot of knowledge in MMA, only experience is 1 year of regualar boxing, u would have a huge advatange over me, but I woudl love to learn.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131