over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old Pic

Great names there and a tough line up. Were you dissapointed with your placing Phil or just felt privilege to be up there with the best? You look massively thick there. Who was the nicest guy out of all the bunch there?

Hi

Great names there and a tough line up. Were you dissapointed with your placing Phil or just felt privilege to be up there with the best? You look massively thick there. Who was the nicest guy out of all the bunch there?

I was disappointed yes...........but I knew I was not quite lean enough.......and I was ok with that look. Nicest guy? Well, Flex wheeler and I grew up together so he is always nice........Don Long was geat.......Mike Matarazzo.....Gary Strydom is a great guy to me........I did not get to talk to Ronnie or Kevin much.......Paul Dilette is a good guy to me.......Gunther I hear is nice, but spoke little english......

your thickness was amazing :) I still think you could have kicked most the top guys arse's when you were shredded !! :)

Bad things.............BAD THINGS............hahahahaha I mean it, I am glad I retired......:)

Phil, If you don't mind me asking why did you retire??...with that Physique, WHY??

Honestly

Phil, If you don't mind me asking why did you retire??...with that Physique, WHY??

I will answer this here...I have never been honest about it before........I blamed it on many things.......the truth is......I just like working out and being the best I can. I do not like to compete or judge myself.....I never liked getting on stage......I know it seems odd, but I just cant explain it any other way.... I also never had the do or die attitude......I could never do the cardio or the suffering it took.........too lazy I suppose. Ask anyone that ever trained with me......thank you for asking.

I will answer this here...I have never been honest about it before........I blamed it on many things.......the truth is......I just like working out and being the best I can. I do not like to compete or judge myself.....I never liked getting on stage......I know it seems odd, but I just cant explain it any other way.... I also never had the do or die attitude......I could never do the cardio or the suffering it took.........too lazy I suppose. Ask anyone that ever trained with me......thank you for asking.

WOW.....you know Phil....this is probably the BEST thing iv'e heard all day and in the past few weeks....i dont mean to change the thread,but what you said here is what i feel about myself....see,ive been doing bodybuilding for 18-years now,NEVER did a show...people ask me all the time when is my next show and such..i usually say i dont know,my point is now im getting ready for a show for the first time ever,i look like im 4-weeks out now and the show is in 7.5 weeks.i still dont know why im doing it...i guess from so many people asking me...(you can look at the member photo section and see me from 2-3 weeks ago,the thread is called:"me 10-weeks out...")-I GUESS I JUST WANTED TO RESEMBLE WITH YOU HERE(offcourse i never got close and will never be anything like a freak like you...lol)-but THANK YOU I GUESS!!

Great answer Phil and as usual, honest! I would say that the path you have now taken is much more enlightened and fun. It is funny how you had what it takes physically and probably mentally (despite your answer here)to go all the way. Your physique was way ahead of the others at your age. Instead you chose to stop! May I ask what or when was this revalation that came over you? I too am very curious about your decision to hang up the trunks after such a successful debut. If ths is too personal Phil, I completely understand. It is simple curiosity that's all. Much respect to you!

Just being on stage with guys like that is an accomplishment in itself. Much respect.

Thank you Dale

Great answer Phil and as usual, honest! I would say that the path you have now taken is much more enlightened and fun. It is funny how you had what it takes physically and probably mentally (despite your answer here)to go all the way. Your physique was way ahead of the others at your age. Instead you chose to stop! May I ask what or when was this revalation that came over you? I too am very curious about your decision to hang up the trunks after such a successful debut. If ths is too personal Phil, I completely understand. It is simple curiosity that's all. Much respect to you!

Should this be in the counselling forum? hahahahhaha....here goes. I was not the person I thought I should be. I was not the father or son or husband I needed to be. I am closer to being that now........still working on it like a workout routine or a diet. It takes constant introspection.......you see Shelby with his diet and training tweaks, trying to find the right combination.........thats how I think about who/what I am.....how I want to effect people. I am a different person now then 10 years ago.....and way different then 20 years ago. I see things I need to change everyday......the big one now for me, well, a couple are
1. DO NOT JUDGE ANYONES ACTONS-we have NO idea what they are going through..just try to empathize.
2. Do not get upset if someone gets upset with me or something I did......just because someone else is mad ( like a driver on the road) is no reason for me to get upset. I am in control of how I feel.....no one else.

I really appreciate you asking D, I really do.

1. DO NOT JUDGE ANYONES ACTONS-we have NO idea what they are going through..just try to empathize.
2. Do not get upset if someone gets upset with me or something I did......just because someone else is mad ( like a driver on the road) is no reason for me to get upset. I am in control of how I feel.....no one else.

Two excellent points.

Well said.

You are a wise man Phil, you really are.

This may sound silly..............

This may sound silly.......but, serious question...........Phil, have you ever taken an IQ test? From reading your posts and working with you, you have shown an ability to think logically and rationally as well as deductive reasoning skills that are well beyond the average person. In other words, you think much like the few people I know who have documented high IQ's. Sorry, I know it's randon, but this is just one of those subjects that interests me.

HAhahhha

This may sound silly.......but, serious question...........Phil, have you ever taken an IQ test? From reading your posts and working with you, you have shown an ability to think logically and rationally as well as deductive reasoning skills that are well beyond the average person. In other words, you think much like the few people I know who have documented high IQ's. Sorry, I know it's randon, but this is just one of those subjects that interests me.

Well, yes, I have taken many.......too many.........it is not an accurate way to measure intelligence anymore for me because I have seen all the questions...I was obsessed with it a few years ago...I can be an intense thinker and I can be a lazy thinker......I am a bad chess player because I am too impulsive and want to think lazy.......I just want to take pieces.....like a " hunter" ...hahahahaha

YES!

Should this be in the counselling forum? hahahahhaha....here goes. I was not the person I thought I should be. I was not the father or son or husband I needed to be. I am closer to being that now........still working on it like a workout routine or a diet. It takes constant introspection.......you see Shelby with his diet and training tweaks, trying to find the right combination.........thats how I think about who/what I am.....how I want to effect people. I am a different person now then 10 years ago.....and way different then 20 years ago. I see things I need to change everyday......the big one now for me, well, a couple are

I really appreciate you asking D, I really do.

At the end of the day, THIS was actually the final reason for me choosing Phil as my trainer...

- Experienced? Yes, of course
- Know's his stuff? Without a doubt
- Other people got good results? For sure

BUT, after "watching/reading" Phil for several months on the board, through various threads and getting a "feel" for him in a few short PM's, these are qualities I was able to see in Phil.

Some see "cocky" or "alpha male"... I always saw "self-assured" BUT willing to admit wrong and willing to say "I'm sorry", someone who's values have changed to more "important/deeper" things (while of course still having a passion for the sport). THAT was actually the "decision maker" for me in hiring Phil... his character. I saw that he wanted his "internal" to be "bigger" than his "external"... in the end, that will be the only thing that really mattered.

Well, yes, I have taken many.......too many.........it is not an accurate way to measure intelligence anymore for me because I have seen all the questions...I was obsessed with it a few years ago...I can be an intense thinker and I can be a lazy thinker......I am a bad chess player because I am too impulsive and want to think lazy.......I just want to take pieces.....like a " hunter" ...hahahahaha

Hahaha......well, chess, I believe, bores many intelligent people. Too mundane. No new knowledge is created and nothing is argued. Just a lot of strategy. You seem to see through traditional arguments and think critically...............just look at your training and nutrition philosophies. That's one of the reasons why when you speak on something, I listen. (Oh ya......a note.....high IQ people can be a pain in the ass too hahaha.)

hmmmmmmm

Actually........it seems like some of the most intelligent people I have known have been bodybuilders. Is it because smart people tend to be interested in science? A great part of what we do makes us all our own science projects. Could it be some were nerds and had a drive to become physically in line with the alpha male? Lol, sorry Phil, I think I got off topic.....................you look fantastic in that photo and I really do wish the sport would move toward that look versus the overdieted look that seems to be the current standard.

Holy Jesus, that was a freakin' line-up!!!:eek:

Nice thread, Phil, and great words!

BMJ

I knew that already hahaha!! I would never surrender to you in Chess!!

thanks for sharing this phil

it means alot

:)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members