over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old School Gimmicks

Ah yes, the original "Hot Stuff" worked very good for some reason...lol. I remember meeting Franco Santoriello in Hawaii many years ago and he flat out told me the Cybergenics was the only thing he took and I should seriously look into it.....and yes, I fell for it !

Ultimate Orange, Boron, yohimbe sublingual, smilax sublingual, vanadyl, HMB, chromium... Damn I wasted a lot of money in the 90s!

i think I need some "St. john's wort" for the depression reading this thread. I think I bought all that shit, and prob more
-c

OK, I saved my allowances and money from my part-time job and fell for all the fads! It started as early as 10 when I got my first Hulkamania workout kit! It came complete with 3 lb weights, Hulkamania headband, Jump rope, exercise poster of the Hulkster himself, and a 30 minute cassette tape of the Hulkster taking you through the workout and teaching you to work hard, say your prayers, take your vitamins!

I progressed to the Weider "Dynamic Muscle Builder" shake at age 13.

At 14 it was CYBERGENICS! First the complete kit for $139 then the Hardgainer kit for $119 when I was 15! That was a Shitload of work hours, birthday money, and allowance saving back in the late 80's!

Then at age 16 it was "MUSCLE MIX", "SMILAX", and "DIBENCOZIDE"! Anyone remember that shit? I know English Bulldog does..... Our brother in our iron escapades JonnyCat - RIP, swore by the stuff!

Then there was "HOT STUFF" and "ULTIMATE ORANGE" at 17 and 18, I was shocked and said....Well Fuck me! This shit works! I combined that with my "mega mass 4000" weight gainer and put on about 15 lbs and got into the exclusive "300 lbs Bench Press Club" (only 5 members at the time) complete with T-Shirt and all at a whopping 180 lbs of teenage furry!

In college I found "the real shit" and grew like crazy, getting up to and maintaining about 250 big yet sloppy lbs, Squatting 650, Benching 455, Deadlifting 620.....ect. But I still wasn't done getting ripped off and wasting time on the latest and greatest natural supps.... hey, you had to take something when you came off....Yes, you actually "cycled" back then..... Only two 8 week cycles per year were allowed! Haha!
Yes, it goes on..... I moved to Denver after college and even worked for Bill Phillips for a year in Golden, CO at EAS! I was part of the initial "HMB Experiment"....I still remember taking home my first case of 36 bottles of that shit expecting "Deca Rusluts" as Bill told us! At least I didn't pay for that crap but still swallowed like 16 of those capsule a day for months on end....

It was Damn expensive having a dream of looking like Arnold that starts when you're 11 years old!

Cher-min-amino. Came in a white shampoo bottle. Tasted like really bad Robitussen and thick as melted rubber.

wht is truely so sad about all of this,is our top bro sale this crap to us so they can stay on top of ther game,i w ld go into it more,but i,m not going to risk getting ban for telling th truth, again last on one sight no name being mentioned nor needed ,just how some will do anything to make a buck from a bro on crap tht doesnt work r isnt healthy for u such as protein tht toxic yes tht right whey is toxic, and PH hv been known to kill bro and cause perment damages yet th bro will push PH to make a buck from a bro even if it might cause harm r even in rare instant kill. hope i,m not crossing th line here,we need more open info and we need to b honest with each other and not put th dollar sign befor our bro

Sometime you get ucky!! REALLY

Back in 86 I ordered some Yohimbe from the back of Muscle and Fitness. I grew like you wouldnt believe from that stuff. I put on about 15 pounds or so in 4 weeks after using the bottle. I broke out in zits all over and had oil skin from hell. I was just ready to order another bottle when my mother shows me an article in the newspaper about how the Mexican company I bought it from was just shut down because that yohimbe was really methyl test!

I never had methy test again, but I must say that it seemed just as powerful as those original dbols that were out in the mid to late 80s. The Ciba stuff.

I became a bodybuilding enthusiast back in the early 80's, back when Jeff King and Joe Meeko, and the NABBA Universe was big, and back then, the mags were so much better, MuscleMag was great, Ironman, Muscular Development was my fave. Now all the mags suck, to me, big thick, and 80% ads.

Anyway, I miss those old days, I'd call them the glory days of bodybuidling. And yes, I bought so many of the popular supps of those days. While we want to say they were junk today, I enjoyed buying them, I think they helped, even if just mentally, and for the most part, they were not expensive.

Bricker Labs, Strength Systems, Universal.
I remember I had a Bricker Labs liquid in a tall bottle, that was Beta Sitosterol. I bought the Mega Orchic. Vanadyl Sulfate. Dibencozide, Smilax, Diosgenin, Yohimbe Bark, Anabolic Mega Paks, and Hot Stuff.

I'm sure others too, but I don't care if that stuff was crap, I miss that era.

Thought this would be a fun thread. Im 40 and been lifting since I was 15. When I was a teen the big gimmick was CYBERGENICS. Anyone remember this machine? Little electodes you used to attach to your muscles. I didnt fall for it, but i know others who did. I got some more old school fades. Hoping others will chime in.

yeah after someone sued them for making fraudulent claims, the box ACTUALY SAID 'warning this product does not work in new york city" if i recall correctly

I can remember taking royal jelly and ground up testicles, orchic. Not sure what animal the testicles were from.

I remember the ad in all the muscle mags for CYBERGENICS with all the before and after pics. It was supplement and I remember the kit costing something like $139 or $150.

wait a minute

Ultimate Orange, Boron, yohimbe sublingual, smilax sublingual, vanadyl, HMB, chromium... Damn I wasted a lot of money in the 90s!
Ultimate orange kicked ass, I agree on the other stuff,LOL:love:

Weider Mega Mass 5000, Boron, Chromium Picolinate, HMB, Hot Stuff, Dibencozide, and the list goes on.

I was a 16 year old kid, and i bought every single one of those supplements thinking i would become the next Dorian Yates.

I would have been better off saving that money for a hooker :D

LOL,i dont even need to read any more posts. All i can hear and rememeber at 2 am, is being a straight newb and hearing Franco's pitch, "you can put on 20 lbs of muscle in 60 days,i know cuz i did it".

But for its time,the workout actually involved moves such as forced reps,and negatives. The actual supplement(anabolic activator)am and pm was about as useful as tits on a boar :p

Boron? :rolleyes: OMG, remember the stack of all 4 products that was in every BB'ing mag back then (1990-1994). I knew for sure back then,that shit would get me huge :p

I became a bodybuilding enthusiast back in the early 80's, back when Jeff King and Joe Meeko, and the NABBA Universe was big, and back then, the mags were so much better, MuscleMag was great, Ironman, Muscular Development was my fave. Now all the mags suck, to me, big thick, and 80% ads.

Anyway, I miss those old days, I'd call them the glory days of bodybuidling. And yes, I bought so many of the popular supps of those days. While we want to say they were junk today, I enjoyed buying them, I think they helped, even if just mentally, and for the most part, they were not expensive.

Bricker Labs, Strength Systems, Universal.
I remember I had a Bricker Labs liquid in a tall bottle, that was Beta Sitosterol. I bought the Mega Orchic. Vanadyl Sulfate. Dibencozide, Smilax, Diosgenin, Yohimbe Bark, Anabolic Mega Paks, and Hot Stuff.

I'm sure others too, but I don't care if that stuff was crap, I miss that era.

Damn, you're bringing me back!! Loved MD too.
Don "Ripper" Ross had some really innovative takes on old school exercises. Shrugs on the standing calf. Strict isolation to say the least. Started doing them and lo and behold, 3 weeks later lots of dudes were trying it!! Not because it was ME, but because it was different and they worked!!!

I remember the ad in all the muscle mags for CYBERGENICS with all the before and after pics. It was supplement and I remember the kit costing something like $139 or $150.

Yeah, I fell for that one. The kit came with a training program to follow too. When it was all said and done I made no better progress than I had been without the kit. Big waste of money, but in my defense I was only about 17 years old at the time in 1987.

Weider Mega Mass 5000, Boron, Chromium Picolinate, HMB, Hot Stuff, Dibencozide, and the list goes on.

I was a 16 year old kid, and i bought every single one of those supplements thinking i would become the next Dorian Yates.

I would have been better off saving that money for a hooker :D

Yeah I bought them all, AND THE HOOKER! :D

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear