over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old school memories...

I started training just because I use to admire some of the guys in high school who walked around with their 16" arms and wide V tapered backs. Although I had to keep my bodyweight down because I was a track sprinter, I still trained a little bit for upper body (it helps you in sprinting and did make me run the 100 yard dash and 220 faster. (9.8 seconds in the 100 & 22.9 in the 220) I was undefeated all through high school in those events so I didn't want to get too big until I graduated.

I went to a seminar from Ron Teufel one day when he was in the Allentown, Pa area.

He was "one week" away from the Mr. America and blew my mind when he took off his sweats (he didn't look human he was so ripped and thick)

He was my inspiration to go for the top - I was 17 when I saw Ron Teufel in contest shape. I think he should have won the Mr. America that year but Gary Lenard beat him out. I also say Gary at a seminar a few months later after he won the Mr. America at the same gym (he had no calves and his legs were week) compared to Ron's. He was however tall and very symetrical - I guess that's why he won.

I use to train One magor and one minor bady part per day blasting it to the max (up to 30 sets for the magor part). For instance - Day one was Chest and calves. I considered calves and abs to be minor body parts only because of their size, not by importance to the physique.

Next day was back and abs, next legs by themselves, next shoulders and calves, next arm and abs. Then I would take a day off (sometimes) and repeat the cycle

I went into contests so confident that I was going to win because I new I "busted butt" for it and worked very hard dieting and training, so I never feared anyone on stage. I always though that I was the best in the show and NEVER had any doubts at any time.

The only competitor that came even close was Abe Questa - but he lacked calves severely and had small arms and V-taper in a front double bi pose. So I had no real threats on stage. The only threats were politics in a few shows which I'm sure everyone know exsists in the sport. Some organizations had more politics invloved than others.

Sincerely
Joe Meeko
Lotta track guys wind up in BB, I remember when I started at 5’7 as a Marine my arms were 14 and I stood out all over base lol course we run a TON. In my infancy I would run 2 miles to the base gym, lift for 2 hours then run the 2 miles back to the barracks. It took me 2 years for someone to say STOP RUNNING, now I’m at the end of 20 years of BBing and about to start running again (which will suck at first as I’m well north of 250) but there’s a surprising amount of not just track but distance runners in the sport. They tend to have longer careers than the ex-football player types too which I think is a mindset thing, I played every sport but 5-10 mile plus runs take discipline that just isn’t in team sports imo.

My first real BB'ng gym was also a powerhouse in an industrial park with several competitive bodybuilders. Was yours in NJ?
No but VERY close! It was in Warminster, PA. Just over the bridge. I knew some guys from that area that were into the game back then. You can reply in DM if you want. Did you know JohnnyMac? He was a very tall dude, built huge. He was a male dancer and bodybuilder. Dude used to pull in a few grand in cash every weekend doing bachelorette parties back in the 90's

I started training just because I use to admire some of the guys in high school who walked around with their 16" arms and wide V tapered backs. Although I had to keep my bodyweight down because I was a track sprinter, I still trained a little bit for upper body (it helps you in sprinting and did make me run the 100 yard dash and 220 faster. (9.8 seconds in the 100 & 22.9 in the 220) I was undefeated all through high school in those events so I didn't want to get too big until I graduated.

I went to a seminar from Ron Teufel one day when he was in the Allentown, Pa area.

He was "one week" away from the Mr. America and blew my mind when he took off his sweats (he didn't look human he was so ripped and thick)

He was my inspiration to go for the top - I was 17 when I saw Ron Teufel in contest shape. I think he should have won the Mr. America that year but Gary Lenard beat him out. I also say Gary at a seminar a few months later after he won the Mr. America at the same gym (he had no calves and his legs were week) compared to Ron's. He was however tall and very symetrical - I guess that's why he won.

I use to train One magor and one minor bady part per day blasting it to the max (up to 30 sets for the magor part). For instance - Day one was Chest and calves. I considered calves and abs to be minor body parts only because of their size, not by importance to the physique.

Next day was back and abs, next legs by themselves, next shoulders and calves, next arm and abs. Then I would take a day off (sometimes) and repeat the cycle

I went into contests so confident that I was going to win because I new I "busted butt" for it and worked very hard dieting and training, so I never feared anyone on stage. I always though that I was the best in the show and NEVER had any doubts at any time.

The only competitor that came even close was Abe Questa - but he lacked calves severely and had small arms and V-taper in a front double bi pose. So I had no real threats on stage. The only threats were politics in a few shows which I'm sure everyone know exsists in the sport. Some organizations had more politics invloved than others.

Sincerely
Joe Meeko

TONS of track guys are in BB. That is so wild man! I was in the same boat and went to college for track and field (was also a sprinter like you). 100% agree I also fell in love with strength training playing football and running track. For me, the college I attended cut mens track as a sport my freshman year so I gravitated to bodybuilding at that point.

No but VERY close! It was in Warminster, PA. Just over the bridge. I knew some guys from that area that were into the game back then. You can reply in DM if you want. Did you know JohnnyMac? He was a very tall dude, built huge. He was a male dancer and bodybuilder. Dude used to pull in a few grand in cash every weekend doing bachelorette parties back in the 90's
Male strippers have blood that’s 10% winny 10% test year round lol the guys I knew took more shit than most every competitor

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131