over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

old study of decline vs incline presses

a challenger appears...:headbang: the guilliotine press aka bench presses to the neck :headbang:
exmgq from ironaddicts board praises this movement
i usually view emg studies with a grain of salt, but check this article where guillotine presses outperformed most traditional chest exercises:
T NATION | Inside the Muscles: Best Chest and Triceps Exercises

I have never performed a guillotine press myself but i'd be quite confident that i could lift a lot more weight on a decline press, which would surely increase the EMG reading. Plus, i may be wrong but guillotine presses look like an exercise that would aggrevate my shoulders.

I'd much prefer to perform exercises that allow me to lift more without causing an injury.

Inclines and dips for me. No bench unless its a hammer machine thrown in at the end for the stretch. Decline hurts my shoulders. MM

once again you fail to be constructive cowboy.. why not post some good advice rather than head banging smiley faces?? Besides there's plenty of evidence to support that fatiguing a single muscle group helps to increase natty gh levels and induce muscle hyperplasia.

6-10:headbang::headbang::headbang:

whoa whoa whoa wait a second here...

you guys are saying decline bench presses are better than incline? I've always heard decline wasn't that important and that weighted dips were better for lower chest.

lol yeah thats what i can recall from all the thousands of similar threads too. Everyone would praise inclines and dips and say declines were somewhat useless I thought? I guess I cant keep up with the trends these days

Hammer Strength for me

My left shoulder or bicep tendon insertion I guess it is, kills with anything else. Still bothers me some on those.

well as a result from this thread, I did decline bench press instead of weighted dips today (did them after incline and flat). It was a smith machine but a very versatile smith where the movement isn't restricted to simply up and down. It actually feels like a real barbell not attached to the set. It felt great, can't wait to continue doing them

once again you fail to be constructive cowboy.. why not post some good advice rather than head banging smiley faces?? Besides there's plenty of evidence to support that fatiguing a single muscle group helps to increase natty gh levels and induce muscle hyperplasia.

6-10:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I was just agreeing with what he said. And your reply has nothing to do with working a muscle group or even a single muscle more than once a week.

I love doing declines,inclines and flat! Declines for some reason bother my shoulders a little bit so I normaly do them last when I am really warmed up. For most people declines are easier on the shoulders but I am the opposite for some reason.

I normally do 3 sets incline dumbell 8-12 reps
3 sets flat dumbell 8-12 reps
3 sets Incline barbell 6-10 reps
3 sets decline barbell 8-12 reps
3 sets of either hammer incline or hammer wide

I normally only take the dumbell sets and hammer machines to failure.

I love doing declines,inclines and flat! Declines for some reason bother my shoulders a little bit so I normaly do them last when I am really warmed up. For most people declines are easier on the shoulders but I am the opposite for some reason.

I normally do 3 sets incline dumbell 8-12 reps
3 sets flat dumbell 8-12 reps
3 sets Incline barbell 6-10 reps
3 sets decline barbell 8-12 reps
3 sets of either hammer incline or hammer wide

I normally only take the dumbell sets and hammer machines to failure.

I would bet if you just picked one (Decline BB) and just did that your chest would explode. That workout (In my opinion) is WAYYYYYY too much. Sometimes less is more. It took me several years to listen to this and incorporate it. I can work two muscle groups in less than 20 to 30 minutes and i am gaining muscle by the day.

Not if you are on the juice :D maybe he is on TRT

but if he is not, yes that's way too much, no more than 12 sets for me

Yes kid, even if he is on juice its WAY too much. But do what you want. I have only been doing this for 20 years. ANd i have learned things the hard and expensive way. I now prefer the most productive way.

I dont think 15 sets it that much at all and thats normally what I do. I have gone the low set route before and it doesnt work for me. I prefer volume and it also helps keep me lean. Not all of these sets are to failure.

well as a result from this thread, I did decline bench press instead of weighted dips today (did them after incline and flat). It was a smith machine but a very versatile smith where the movement isn't restricted to simply up and down. It actually feels like a real barbell not attached to the set. It felt great, can't wait to continue doing them

niiiice! I think you will find you can make greater progress on tha BBpress than the weighted dips...but i like them too :) maybe next chest day switch the decline to the 1st of ur 3 exercises (bc after taxing ur chest it will be REALLYYY hard to actually improve if you keep doing it last) and thro them lil 2.5s or 5s on a side...i thought until a lil while ago smith was sub par to free weights... but like i said earlier, IMO id rather push another 10bs than i did last training session and maybe hav to lock it out 1/2 way up my last rep then have to stop a rep or 2 short or catch the bar to the face :) With that said, ill alwayz use free weights when a spot is available....

Last edited:
niiiice! I think you will find you can make greater progress on tha BBpress than the weighted dips...but i like them too :) maybe next chest day switch the decline to the 1st of ur 3 exercises (bc after taxing ur chest it will be REALLYYY hard to actually improve if you keep doing it last) and thro them lil 2.5s or 5s on a side...i thought until a lil while ago smith was sub par to free weights... but like i said earlier, IMO id rather push another 10bs than i did last training session and maybe hav to lock it out 1/2 way up my last rep then have to stop a rep or 2 short or catch the bar to the face :) With that said, ill alwayz use free weights when a spot is available....

Good idea switching the order. I used to always do flat before incline but switched a few months ago to incline first to bring up my upper chest. I think I might start with declines for the next 4 weeks or so. And believe me, I wish I didn't have to use a smith but like I said, it's a flexible smith where I can move the bar horizontally as well as vertically. Asking someone to lift heavy DB's up to my knees for declines would just be obnoxious. With a barbell, I have no problem asking someone for a spot if I need one since no one minds

why does it have to be 4 weeks brotha? Why not start w incline this session, the next time you train chest(whatever ur split is) start w decline and alternate back and forth alwayz trying to beat the previous #....You will be able to improve on both.... :)

urggg I don't think I have used a smith machine since I was 18. It will be hard to bring myself to use a smith to do declines. I feel like weighted dips would be better (which I do every single week)

bro come on what have we all learned from bodybuilding?VARIETY is the spice of life.:headbang:

ive got shoulder problems and have been told to do inclines over flat. are declines good/bad for guys with shoulder issues?

also, is hammer decline press any good compared to flat or incline hammer press?

alot of you guys crack me up

"mix it up"
"muscle confusion"
"hit it with different angles":rolleyes:
flame me if you want but i have done decline dumbs and dips 90% of the time for 3 years and chest is gtg. i dont think my chest is very smart. so it doesnt need to be "confused" i think it needs to grow so i add more weight not more exercises...

5 different exercises and 5 sets of each!?!?!?!?
so which set do you go all out on? cuz you aint going all out balls to the wall for 25 sets......

i choose to go all out on 5 sets for chest and thats it. why waste time with subpar exercises and subpar intensity and waste 60-70 minutes of my life in the gym when i can look the same or more than likely better by only being in the gym for 30 minutes.....open your mind bro.

damn, i forgot what this thread was originally about.... sorry OP but theres my 2 cents.
-JS

"mix it up"
damn, i forgot what this thread was originally about.... sorry OP but theres my 2 cents.
-JS

JS,
I hope the OP doesn't mind. It's like he asked for 10$ but you gave him a 1,000$. Some fantastic TRUTH from JS right there.

chanel valise sellathon online,gucci sale online store store,Relations

IlG k tjVK **broken link removed** hqKG u vrMJ slB **broken link removed** RtP qkID v ewTH **broken link removed** riSN n swXC rqU **broken link removed** WgE hwHH a ybJC **broken link removed** jrIO k hbTA fdS **broken link removed** UrN wgOW m zqMW **broken link removed** phIR l txSR yfY **broken link removed** LpM n ggFO **broken link removed** qwXS i zxQS paZ **broken link removed** MzT suLS v ybGI **broken link removed** fiHJ d jeHP qaT **broken link removed** FiP yhFU g aoVH **broken link removed** qvMY u nmTL cpJ **broken link removed** KrU trPG c liWC **broken link removed** cfGA f dnDL pqX **broken link removed**

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws