over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OLD time supplements from the 1980's 1990's

Im sure you all remember the big dog food size bags of Weiders stuff. It use to kill me seeing kids coming out of GNC having a hard time just carrying the bag!

Cybergain. I think thats what it was called. Vanilla. Clumpy and made my farts HORRID

Hot Stuff protein was the king of all supplements back in the 80's along with Cybergenics and natural sterols. I always used a good vitamin pack also. Others were smilax, gamma, diben., and dessicated liver. I would use a weight gainer every once in awhile but pretty much lived off of fast food cheeseburgers from McDonalds and Burger King along with d-bols.

Natural sterols, how can i forget.
Pure scam, i just wonder how did they ever get away with it. Why did people buy stuff that did NOTHING at all?
Baffles me to this day.

Haha, they still sell Russian Bear in one of the grocery stores up here. There are like three cans of it and they look like they are about 8 years old, ha.

I remember at one point in the late 80's early 90's where they could hardly keep Hot Stuff on the shelves. I think they got in trouble because someone had Hot Stuff analyzed at it actually had small amounts of d-bol in it.

I remember hearing about this too.

I remember at one point in the late 80's early 90's where they could hardly keep Hot Stuff on the shelves. I think they got in trouble because someone had Hot Stuff analyzed at it actually had small amounts of d-bol in it.

I remember hearing about this too.

Yeah it was off the chain and the banana flavor was good too. I saw it still on the shelves a couple of years ago, I wonder if its still around?

Natural sterols, how can i forget.
Pure scam, i just wonder how did they ever get away with it. Why did people buy stuff that did NOTHING at all?
Baffles me to this day.

I think Universal still makes it. Animal Pak vitamins were one of my favs also.

CYBERGENICS! All Franco Santoriello needed to get huge!

i did cybergenics and grew! the only reason was that it had a diet that came with it that was much better than what im was eating. and it taught me tio eat 6 times a day.

And just to think the one thing, king of all kings will always be around, TEST!

Great thread! The op mentioned the first protein powder I ever bought-Weider's Dynamic Muscle Builder-remember the ads had Ferrigno flexing his arm?I hate to say it,but to this day I haven't tasted anything better than that powder.I remember saving my money for sub-lingual smilax thinking at 15 it would get me jacked.I remember when Hot-Stuff first came out and buying like 3 jugs of it-I also loved the taste of that shit,I don't know why,and someone just asked if it was still available-yes,it is.I saw an ad in PowerliftingUSA like 2 months ago and there is a website and I think Tom Ciola is still selling it and it is going for an outrageous $50something bucks for like 2 pounds-ha,ha,ha!!!Those were the days...and yeah,I remember getting really excited when Met-RX came out and it was sold in the Plus and Base jugs separately because the two powders couldn't be stabilized packaged together or some b.s. like that.Cap-Tri was awful-you had to work up to more than what,a tablespoon or else it would burn a hole in your stomach?HA!!!Oh shit,takes me back to the days of Cra-Zee Wear baggies!

CYBERGENICS! All Franco Santoriello needed to get huge!

lol yeah i got that one too. i was 15 and used my money from doing side jobs for people such as paiting and all that BS, and the sales guy was like "yeah man, you'll get huge on this" man I was such a sucker when I was a kid.

I learned my lesson though and now I just use everything Ronnie Coleman talks about so I can get big like him! lol jk

Oh I forgot about those big wafer like protein pills that you chewed. I think Weider made them. Met-Rx was about the best back then when it came out but it sucked cause you had to use a blender because it was so thick. Made you gassey too. Hot stuff banana was the shit and their razor cut pills for fat burning.

This stuff almost got me kicked out of my apartment in school.
good gosh the GASSSSSSSSS..
I was boatloading liver tabs for a show and good gosh.....
**broken link removed**

try a good liver product like beverly nutrions and you will not have that problem, who knows what in that stuff on the parillo page

i did cybergenics and grew! the only reason was that it had a diet that came with it that was much better than what im was eating. and it taught me tio eat 6 times a day.

Cybergenics came out with amino acid pills. I can remember getting the best results from them. They weren't bad at all.

Backin the mid 70's the only thing I could afford was some orange(or so they said)flavored pre-digested protein , it was NASTY we also ate yogurt when we could find it. J.R.

hoffmans

my first protein powder in the late 70's was the worst from hoffmans . You could not get it down without heaving and I tried everything .

Yes, you know what? Those andro poppers actually did work to an extent...gave a nice dense/hard look to the muscles...lil aggression....better pump.

Beta Sitosterols
OKG
Dibencozide

Damn near everything ever mentioned....glandulars, Dermagain or Androderm...rub on lotion....gave my wife a lil bit of hair on the inside of her thighs as that's where it said to apply it (to the inside of your own thighs). Stuff worked fairly okay. Damn near everything mentioned here I've used over the past 22 years of training life. I couldn't ever keep a weider shake down.......always threw it up...horrific stuff.

EAS
took tons of Phosphagain with that gritty creatine in it, then their gritty creatine which you expelled more than you absorbed, I fell for the HMB scam too-also thier dextrose creatine blend.

SportPharma was one of the best companies out there I loved their thermadrene and their Vanadyl Ph felt like dbol. sad to see them go.

I took both of these when I was 15, 10 years ago exactly.. Thermadrene I remember you could get tons of free samples just by calling them or writing them. Phosphagan HP, I spent $100 on this at GNC when I was 15, the first supplement I ever bought. Psychologically I thought of it as some thing so special, that it made me work to my full potential, so I got great results. I gained 100lbs on my bench press that year.

Originally Posted by Massive G View Post
EAS
took tons of Phosphagain with that gritty creatine in it, then their gritty creatine which you expelled more than you absorbed, I fell for the HMB scam too-also thier dextrose creatine blend.

SportPharma was one of the best companies out there I loved their thermadrene and their Vanadyl Ph felt like dbol. sad to see them go.

Thermadrene was the sh*t. I was using it up to about two years ago I finally ran out of bottles. I stocked up right before they stopped making it. I loved Sportspharma. Their blue vanadyl rocked. I use to use Ultimate Nutrition alot also.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner