over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old timers

b_cornelius

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Today, a grand sum of bodybuilders take PEDs because of the well-publicized effectiveness and availability of such chemicals.
Many old timers wore themselves out without the proper use of chemicals; moreover, others wore themselves out because they simply used androgens and did not take everything else that is required. Even this may be because GH-and-everthing was not available at the time to their defense.

The guy at my local supplement shop used to always have the pretentious song-and-dance about how all the old bodybuilders who were on steroids are "just falling apart". Now my mommy has one of these guys, a real tough shorty. The guy has problems and is stubborn about it just as a stereotypical old goes. The old timers never took his GH on top of everything else, and his problems could have been avoided, stereotypically. The best of luck to him with his health disorders, a real tough guy facing adversity his entire life.

We continue to face challenges both new and old, but chemically enhanced athletes are not "falling apart" like "the good old days" anymore, or they do not have to. This is because we have made progress, even though the toughest competition continues to drive individuals to an unhealthy level.

Sometimes I just have to let it all out. Sometimes, I just have to bark.

We continue to face challenges both new and old, but chemically enhanced athletes are not "falling apart" like "the good old days" anymore, or they do not have to. This is because we have made progress, even though the toughest competition continues to drive individuals to an unhealthy level.

Sometimes I just have to let it all out. Sometimes, I just have to bark.
Nothing wrong with venting/barking lol. Never too young to take your health seriously though and to take as many precautions that you can. Regardless of whatever the "oldtimers" did and didn't do. I doubt they had access to the same information we have now, and ya tough to teach old dogs new tricks.

You are living in la la land. There is more health problems now then there ever was when I started. The drug use has gone up tremendously. It is just not steroids anymore that are getting abused.

You are living in la la land. There is more health problems now then there ever was when I started. The drug use has gone up tremendously. It is just not steroids anymore that are getting abused.
Exactly, the "old timers" lived and are living to a pretty ripe old age.......back in my younger days you weren't always hearing about bodybuilders dying of various ailments and sudden heart attacks.

Thinking drugs will solve the problems of aging, abuse and things just wearing out from pushing the limits or just over use, makes me laugh. I have hoped for many decades that such things will be invented at some point. But what really seems to work is moderation.

Exactly, the "old timers" lived and are living to a pretty ripe old age.......back in my younger days you weren't always hearing about bodybuilders dying of various ailments and sudden heart attacks.
True but i didn't have the internet and instant info 30, 40, 50 years ago. It took year - decades to hear about what happened to some one. And still don't see many 80 or 90 year old x pro BB'ers, football players etc.

True but i didn't have the internet and instant info 30, 40, 50 years ago. It took year - decades to hear about what happened to some one. And still don't see many 80 or 90 year old x pro BB'ers, football players etc.
To be fair I don't see many 90 year old accountants either.....

I agree with pesty, I think it's the opposite, people these days are falling apart and unhealthy as hell. They are using all sorts of ancillaries thinking it will make them healthier and it just adds to the total load on their system. I think the old-timers are doing great, look at how many former Mr Olympia's are still alive and healthy. Knowledge hasn't improved either, it's more accessible but so is misinformation.

To be fair I don't see many 90 year old accountants either.....
Very true. 90 any one thing is rare. But pretty much every 90 or 100 year old i read about it seems they never worked out, partied a lot, had hard physical jobs etc. Mostly they were very moderate in most all areas of life. I have choose a different path for some things.

I agree with pesty, I think it's the opposite, people these days are falling apart and unhealthy as hell. They are using all sorts of ancillaries thinking it will make them healthier and it just adds to the total load on their system. I think the old-timers are doing great, look at how many former Mr Olympia's are still alive and healthy. Knowledge hasn't improved either, it's more accessible but so is misinformation.
Agreed with you and Pesty. I'll be 60 in a few months. Apparently I am pretty healthy according to my doc and all my normal medical testing over the years. BBing can be a very healthy life long endevor unless you're a fad following fuck-stick hell bend on the newest chemical wizardry and force feeding habits. The opening post was pretty insulting of all older men of the life style. Absolutely disrespectful of all knowledge that came before him/herzer/it/them/they/Zem or whatever the fuck these new self important fuck-sticks call themselves now. Good luck young bull. If you're lucky, you'll be an old bull someday or maybe you'll be a shrivleed twat in a wheel chair clutching a bottle of CoQ 10.

So you admit that old timers are not just falling apart, just as a stereotypical simpleton would claim that old timers are falling apart?

The point is that even then, in the old days, you didn't have to fall apart; however, you did not have everything that we have today to rectify the situation. Today, we have more knowledge and chemical resources, so a wise and informed person does not have to endure health problems.

Take a minute to take in the versatility of my posts, truth speaks through sacasim in a way that everything is just messed up. I may say that certain places contribute to health problems. I got LA LA LAND.

Kaladryn, the philosopher nietzsche is structurally outdated, but I always enjoyed your quote.
See reply below. My only argument against your statement in particular is that knowledge has improved, but the post modern proliferation of facts and information has make everything confusing for people.

So you admit that old timers are not just falling apart, just as a stereotypical simpleton would claim that old timers are falling apart?

The point is that even then, in the old days, you didn't have to fall apart; however, you did not have everything that we have today to rectify the situation. Today, we have more knowledge and chemical resources, so a wise and informed person does not have to endure health problems.

Take a minute to take in the versatility of my posts, truth speaks through sacasim in a way that everything is just messed up. I may say that certain places contribute to health problems. I got LA LA LAND.

This old timer would run circles around most guys in the gym. 😉 I am healthy as a horse and unlike some guys, I competed in many shows, 15 to be exact. Most guys back then we're NOT taking these excessive doses like nowadays or all the different PEDs to worry as much as today. We also got regular bloodworm through a local doctor and pharmacy drugs most of the time. It was not a controlled substance back then. I started in 1979, so I am pretty much aware of the progression of drugs. I say wait until these 20 and 30 year olds get into their 40s, 50s and 60s and get back to me. There is NOTHING related to abuse of PEDs and health.

Pesty is correct...my first meet was the 1983 mr ohio...I took 10 mg of dbol a day and 100 mg of deca a week for 10 weeks and placed 8th out of 17 light heavies...my last meet in 1994 I took 1 a bomb a day and 200 mg of deca a week and was the overall winner in the mr akron heavyweight division...in 2001 at 42 I benched 450 in an inzer single ply poly in the 220s taking 20 mg of dbol a day and 2 sustanon a week...

Kaladryn, the philosopher nietzsche is structurally outdated, but I always enjoyed your quote.
To call him 'structurally outdated' is to completely misunderstand him, he meant for most people to misunderstand him, it is more accurate to say: he is actually the first and only modern philosopher. His ideas on religion, morality, society, and eternal recurrence (which is essentially relativity+multiverse theory) stand better today than ever before, especially the last man.

My only argument against your statement in particular is that knowledge has improved, but the post modern proliferation of facts and information has make everything confusing for people.
The improvements in knowledge are marginal, especially in the last 20-30 years. It's mostly the dissemination of knowledge that was already there. You can throw all the scientific studies you want at bodybuilding and resistance training and it doesn't mean shit because none of those studies are on actual elite level athletes. In the end, bodybuilding is a tradition and a science combined, and I would guestimate 90% of the progress has been through tradition, not science.

I will concede this: the science of safe and proper mechanics, joint balance, neurological training knowledge has indeed improved greatly in the last 20-30 years, but I'm not completely convinced that knowledge wasn't mostly there in very limited circles of expertise.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131