over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old timers

You are living in la la land. There is more health problems now then there ever was when I started. The drug use has gone up tremendously. It is just not steroids anymore that are getting abused.
You ever wonder if the way companies are making food is a big part of it? Not to be a conspiracy theorist but I trust the FDA like a trust the crabs!

Actually, I wanted to start one of those threads. You know the ones where outsiders come and start one of those threads where we all go on about it for pages, but the OP hardly comes back if at all? You know what it looks like. A lot of advanced members here hardly ever start threads, while newbies come in and do it all the time. I wanted to start a thread and let everyone carry on about, while I never came back.

It's just I can't help myself I keep coming back.

Old-timers paved the way for everything we have today. Before Atkins, paleo, keto, it was us cutting carbs and carb-cycling, carb-loading, I even used my own that I called my cro-magnon diet. Then all of those diets went mainstream because the public saw we could suck weight faster than a gastric bypass. Food was considered the most anabolic thing available. In the late 80's, early 90's for me, at least, it was hard work, more hard work, off season, cutting season, one amp of something a week and maybe drol or dbol. Steak, eggs, chicken, fish, brown rice, rolled oats, vegetables and fruit, et al. There was no internet to speak of. Mostly word of mouth. I didn't have peptides or a rejuvenation clinic but I had squats and deadlifts. Now everything is available.

Now everyone is an armchair internet endocrinologist/pharmacologist and eating mostly chemicals and processed food bars. Talk to me in 2050. I look at what kids are running today. An androgen, an anabolic, an oral, AIs, SERMs, SARMs, hGH, insulin, L-arginine 3-IGF-1, peptides, the kitchen sink. There is such a thing as diminishing returns.

BBers are staying so lean year round that muscle fascia stretches and becomes too dense. Bodybuilders are overall bigger today with striations in their rear delts but very obviously don't have the deep separation that you see in years past. Oliva, Wheeler, Yates, Levrone, even Schwarzenegger (who is still busy at 73yrs).

I'll be 50 in a few months. Can still leg press half a ton then go over to the track and do 10 × 100m sprints. Bloodwork every two months. Aging sucks but I stick out like a sore thumb at parent-teacher conferences at 5'10, 240 and could run through a brick wall. Hell, I'm still raising a 9 and 6 yr old. Y'all can rag on old-timers all you want. I'm okay with it. We'll manage. As far as I'm concerned, I grew up in the age of titans.

20210429_013801.jpg

Life balance and priorities. For me it's my daughters. Work's always there as is the mortgage. College and cars soon...$igh.
35 years pushing/pulling me. Tears me apart and the docs just put me back together. The gym's my drug and always wins.
Legs tomorrow;)

Now I'm going to put this to you straight. There are people alive right now who are going to have an extended lifespan. We have made progress through science.

Most people are children repeating the little things that they heard before like quasi scientists. I don't mean to talk down to you now.

The child keeps talking to me. The child thinks that it's got the upper hand

Now I'm going to put this to you straight. There are people alive right now who are going to have an extended lifespan. We have made progress through science.

Most people are children repeating the little things that they heard before like quasi scientists. I don't mean to talk down to you now.

The child keeps talking to me. The child thinks that it's got the upper hand
That's not putting things straight. That's complete fantasy; the hubris *of* a child. Just as some people in the past have lived to see 100-122 years of age (this seems to be the upper limit of our longevity), even then the 122-yr-old died 25 years ago. We have seen the average age of mortality of entire nations decrease by an entire year through poverty, neglect, and disease just in the past five years. At least have the sense to know when you are on the brink.

However, if we were to gain advancements in the area of organ prosthesis (artificial or organic), it may be able to be greatly extend human lifespan. Possibly even incredibly so if the person's life data (brain) were able to be transplanted to a secondary medium. Still, the clock is ticking.

We are all now in a race against stupidity. Will technology prevail against it? As time passes, that chance diminishes with each successive generation. The numbers of our edible fresh water food sources have dropped 90% with many of them extinct or on the verge of extinction. What's left is often inedible. The freshwater lakes, rivers, and streams that were once teaming with life have become barren. The oceans have become trash cans and reefs are dying at a terrible rate. The waters, the earth, the air have increased in toxicity. Our carbon footprint has been devastating as we approach 7.8 billion people. Our fossil fuel emissions and other human waste and byproducts are making our world increasingly uninhabitable.

Food shortages are now widespread. Clean water is already no longer a given. Fresh air requires at least 100 miles outside any metropolitan area. Arable land is decreasing in acreage while O2 producers like the Amazon basin have been decreasing in size in lieu of even greater CO2 production from industrialization.

All of this is more a topic for Discussworldissues.com so I'll leave it at this: the next 100 years will see an inflection point in our species. A point where the human race as whole will have to join hands as a global community in the interest of the continuation of our species. It will be the most monumental task and joint venture in human history. Are we up to it? Are the children of today up to this challenge? It's just a rhetorical question as it's impossible to predict. It's a race of sober reality vs fantastical ignorance (which is itself an epidemic).

I'll put it to *you* straight: if we, and even more importantly our youth, living right now, don't create a bend in our current trajectory, all of this will be over. See, even from space our infestation is clear, and quite frightening honestly. As for our "progress through science", well, the race is on. I'm betting on science. I have faith in our youth. But no sane person can actually be encouraged by our current level of ambition to actually win this race.

Earthfromspace.jpg

Pesty is correct...my first meet was the 1983 mr ohio...I took 10 mg of dbol a day and 100 mg of deca a week for 10 weeks and placed 8th out of 17 light heavies...my last meet in 1994 I took 1 a bomb a day and 200 mg of deca a week and was the overall winner in the mr akron heavyweight division...in 2001 at 42 I benched 450 in an inzer single ply poly in the 220s taking 20 mg of dbol a day and 2 sustanon a week...
Your deca/dbol is almost exactly the same as mine. My first was in 1985.

The oldtimers use basic compounds and most i know still train hard. I use 300 test per week and 4 iu of TP black tops and maintain 260 pounds. Im not trying to be so heavy at my age im just heavy. 200 pound know it all young guys are using 1k test 600 deca 300 tren along with other things. I use to try to talk to them. Now i just put in my earbuds and watch the gyno and acne on them spread. The young guys at my gym Don't train as hard as i did in high school and use large quantities of gear along with all sort of peptides sarms etc.. Oldtimers train basically as heavy as we can. The only difference i see is diet. The youngsters stay lean mainly for Instagram and facebook posting. Back in the 80's workouts were like powerlifting meets you were challenged in ever exercise. None of that CT Fletcher nonsense. Don't watch that nonsense and think it's old school training that's YouTube I trained at Sergio's gym for 3 years and would go to Powerhouse and the Leaning Tower Ymca in Chicago the training was the same, basic just lots of supersetting. We got thick i am thick you young guys have zero thickness. Maybe you should listen to them instead of criticizing us. We werent taking 3-4k of gear. 500 test 200 deca and some dbol was considered a bulk cycle
But unlike the guys you complain about if i met you you wouldn't be annoyed by me because id never interact with you. To the OP whats you height and weight? I bet its not impressive

The oldtimers use basic compounds and most i know still train hard. I use 300 test per week and 4 iu of TP black tops and maintain 260 pounds. Im not trying to be so heavy at my age im just heavy. 200 pound know it all young guys are using 1k test 600 deca 300 tren along with other things. I use to try to talk to them. Now i just put in my earbuds and watch the gyno and acne on them spread. The young guys at my gym Don't train as hard as i did in high school and use large quantities of gear along with all sort of peptides sarms etc.. Oldtimers train basically as heavy as we can. The only difference i see is diet. The youngsters stay lean mainly for Instagram and facebook posting. Back in the 80's workouts were like powerlifting meets you were challenged in ever exercise. None of that CT Fletcher nonsense. Don't watch that nonsense and think it's old school training that's YouTube I trained at Sergio's gym for 3 years and would go to Powerhouse and the Leaning Tower Ymca in Chicago the training was the same, basic just lots of supersetting. We got thick i am thick you young guys have zero thickness. Maybe you should listen to them instead of criticizing us. We werent taking 3-4k of gear. 500 test 200 deca and some dbol was considered a bulk cycle
But unlike the guys you complain about if i met you you wouldn't be annoyed by me because id never interact with you. To the OP whats you height and weight? I bet its not impressive
I could almost see you walking up hill to the gym and then uphill back home whole reading this post.

Really just checked out after seeing that guys now a days don't lift as heavy as older bbers did.

Now everyone is an armchair internet endocrinologist/pharmacologist and eating mostly chemicals and processed food bars. Talk to me in 2050. I look at what kids are running today. An androgen, an anabolic, an oral, AIs, SERMs, SARMs, hGH, insulin, L-arginine 3-IGF-1, peptides, the kitchen sink.
AND look like shit on top of it..... the misinformation out there is crazy....

Another taking gear and look like shit. I see how you guys train today you dont train heavy
You think 405 bench is impressive? You checked out, lol. Go ahead and check out thats probably how you train. In my day you were considered strong unless you benched double your body weight. You checked out. Lol. Thats most likely how you train.

Another taking gear and look like shit. I see how you guys train today you dont train heavy
You think 405 bench is impressive? You checked out, lol. Go ahead and check out thats probably how you train. In my day you were considered strong unless you benched double your body weight. You checked out. Lol. Thats most likely how you train
AND look like shit on top of it..... the misinformation out there is crazy....
I agree 100% the drug use is out of control. These guys juicing like crazy getting nothing but tits and zits.
I could almost see you walking up hill to the gym and then uphill back home whole reading this post.

Really just checked out after seeing that guys now a days don't lift as heavy as older bbers did.
I dont kmow you but i bet i had better numbers than you when i was in high school. It was different then no drugs unless youbwent tobthe next level. Natural 405 benching was common. 500 pound benching with gear. Not real but the norm where i trained. Guys today high five after benching 315. Hell i use to do 315 x25 405x 10 in heavy day best ever 550x5. Post your numbers

"Back in my day" people trained as crappy as people train today, there are actually now more people who know what they are doing, but also more people who don't. People didn't train harder "back then" they never trained hard.

BTW every generation says the same "back in my day" stuff about the previous generations, every one.

You think 405 bench is impressive? You checked out, lol. Go ahead and check out thats probably how you train. In my day you were considered strong unless you benched double your body weight. You checked out. Lol. Thats most likely how you train

I agree 100% the drug use is out of control. These guys juicing like crazy getting nothing but tits and zits.

I dont kmow you but i bet i had better numbers than you when i was in high school. It was different then no drugs unless youbwent tobthe next level. Natural 405 benching was common. 500 pound benching with gear. Not real but the norm where i trained. Guys today high five after benching 315. Hell i use to do 315 x25 405x 10 in heavy day best ever 550x5. Post your numbers
Guys are using more drugs today for the most part.
I’m confused as to who you’re saying was stronger back then as opposed to now? Pro bodybuilders? The average gym rat? What groups are comparing? What decades? Overall by the numbers people are bigger, stronger, and faster now. There are exceptions but they are exceptions.

Apparently everybody back then was a world record power lifter or strong man. Good thing Phil Heath never had to next to Jane Fonda on stage.

All the big buildings, all the pretty pictures.

The obesity rate alone should tell you what generation was working harder as a whole in America. The obesity rate has double from 1980 to 2008 and in the last decade increased significantly. Sure there is exceptions with some people, but before the internet, most jobs were physical. At 18, I work in a factory doing hard manuel work, as with lots of my friends who went to gyms. Trying doing hard physical work all day, then go to gym and put in same effort. Now they are encouraging people to sit home and do jobs on thier asses all day. Most of this younger generation would fall apart if they had to do hard physical work all day. Social media has made kids lazier. They are too busy with their noses in their phones and do not do the same physical activity as my generation. We didn't have internet or phones. We were taught to go outside and do physical activity. That is losing it's appeal nowadays. So when person tells me that the generation I came from didn't work harder, that is laughable. I am talking about America as a whole and not just gyms. There is exceptions, that I know.

Now let's talk about gyms. People in general are taking a lot more drugs as a whole. America as a whole, has a drug problem. Now the number 1 cause of death under 50. Yes, if you are in a local gym taking 2 grams of gear, not competing and won't get off, you have a problem. Deaths among Body Building is rising. I know, he died of other causes, blah, blah, blah. I know some who train very hard nowadays. Most of your local people in gyms do not put in the same effort, but rely on drugs more. They do not put in the same effort as when I started. We also didn't cycle all year around, now it is encouraged. Most the guys I trained with were taking 1 shot of deca, 1 shot of test and a few dball for growth. Now you have guys taking 2 grams in local gyms all year around who look like shit. Like I said, there is exceptions, but I am talking as a whole. I saw 41 years of gyms and know the difference.

Those who didn't training around 1979, how would you know who train harder? You don't, you never witness it first hand. Now don't miscrue my words, I am talking as a whole in gyms. There is too people who train very hard, but as a whole in general? I say no.

You know what makes me a good coach? It isn't my knowledge. I take guys who I see that have potential to a new level in training, rather then try to encourage more drug use. I push these same individuals to train harder then they ever did. Why even take gear if you don't push yourself harder then you ever did? If you can't train hard when you are off completely, then you better reevaluate your training. I have all my guys come off completely and follow a good nutritional diet all year around. The training and diet make me a good coach, not for being the most knowledgeable. I just train people like I use to train, when I competed.

Show me where on the doll that the millennial touched you.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws