over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

older men, need advice ! jobs

raw33man

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Would you take a job that you love and enjoy ? Pays 80k a year vs a job that you dont like as much, dont enjoy as much yet its not a horrible job... but pays 160k a year

Which one would you choose ?

If the job is not horrible and you don't hate yourself for doing it, take the money. You can spend it on your family doing the things you truly love.

Only do what makes you happy, life is short, don't waste it.
As Steve Jobs said- If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.

If you have the spend the majority of your waking hours doing something, it should best be something you enjoy.

No sense in being the richest man in the graveyard.

well the thing is, I don't have a family but when I do, I pretty much want to sacrifice my life for them... and I want my kids to attend the nicest schools, my wife to be comfortable and ...

btw, the jobs are Firefighter vs Programming

Writing code is a very competitive field. There are literally thousands of kids out there that are very good. If someone is paying you that kind of money, you must be very talented. Is there any way you can make a change within the same field. In other words, be a programmer but work on projects that that are fun and meaningful to you.

If time permits, you could also do some part-time / volunteer fire fighting.

Would you take a job that you love and enjoy ? Pays 80k a year vs a job that you dont like as much, dont enjoy as much yet its not a horrible job... but pays 160k a year

Which one would you choose ?

Why not go for firefighting and have something on the side to supplement your income to get your closer to that 160k bracket? Could be a rental property etc, or another job that is casual and also based around something that interests you, then when you do have a family you could scale back on the other job or quit it entirely. Also something to think about, with firefighting you will have more down time to spend with your children.

I would take the money. I followed the 'timeless advice' to make a career out of something you're passionate about and you'll never work a day in your life. Well that's a crock. I loved cars, always tinkered with and modded my own so now I'm a mechanic and let me tell you, it's still just a job. I make good money but I care NOTHING about cars anymore. It has killed the passion I once had for them.

It can go one of two ways IMHO. You can sacrifice money and enjoyment outside of work do enjoy what you do; or you can tolerate some frustration at work to have money to travel, and live an enjoyable life away from work.

Unless you're one of those rare but lucky few who has a great paying job that they really love. Good luck finding that though.

Is 80k the ceiling for this job? If you truly would enjoy it....you're bound to do a great job and make more.

80k sounds high for a fire fighter...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Man ive had jobs that paid GREAT but they sucked and jobs that I loved and didnt pay shit. Id take less money and do the job i enjoyed

If you care about lifestyle firefighting is the only way to go. Code on the side, or contract

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear