over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Olive Oil?

i grew up on olive oil all my mama uses italian families. i like to pour over my vegatables and salads good fat:)

Dude you look great at 43. I will start drinking olive oil buy the gallons to look like you. Keep it up bro

Agreed, Olive oil does have many health benefits! However, There's olive oil and OLIVE oil.

99% of the EVOO (extra Virgin Olive Oil) sold in supermarkets, retail, etc. is junk! (If you have ever lived in or travelled to Italy, you will know what I mean).

It would take far too long to explain why the EVOO sold in stores is "sub-par" but if you research the "benefits" of EVOO, you will find tons of information describing the differences.

First off, I'm only discussing EVOO because Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the type with the greatest health benefits.
Secondly, Good EVOO is ALWAYS packaged in dark glass bottles. This is due to the fact that REAL EVOO is ruined by light. In fact, it is destroyed 10X faster by light than by oxygen (like leaving it in an open container).
AND, good EVOO should be cloudy, NOT clear!

Generally, you should look for EVOO which is made 100% from olives (you may think that is a given BUT there-in lies the problem.... 99% of EVOO is not made 100% from olives). It should also be cold pressed and UNFILTERED (hence the cloudy appearance). It should be packaged in DARK glass bottles and should have a "use-by-date" of several YEARS, not a few months!

If you buy EVOO from the supermarket which is NOT presented as mentioned above, you are not ingesting quality EVOO and are essentially wasting your $$$.

Oh yeah, REAL EVOO is quite expensive by the way!

S-

great info. I will add it to my shopping list from the health market. I have just been getting costco brand

i love olive oil. but i think we all need to be careful throwing around the word "healthy". imo, its not neccesarily healthy just the lesser of the evils.

Heating up & cooking with any oil makes it carcenogenic. You're really supposed to put it on AFTER you cook it.

Dude you look great at 43. I will start drinking olive oil buy the gallons to look like you. Keep it up bro

thanks bro i try.... its an up hill battle stay consistent with diet and training is all i can say and it will come

my understanding is that extra virgin just means that the olives were pressed without sovents added, that would be the first press, then on the second and third press they add sovents like hexane mash it up , then press it again, they are suppose to let it sit until all the solvent evaporates but inevitably there is solvent in the product

I take in quite a bit of my fats through EVOO. Over the years I've read enough in support of olive oil that I am pretty much sold on it. Any decent diet book will usually have a whole chapter or section dedicated to the different fats and their effects on health.

I use a lot of olive oil to cook my meals. I find it is good to use for cooking just about any kind of meat. My question is how healthy is this? I am on a lean bulker now and I am wondering about the olive oil. Thanks.

Look into Macadamia nut oil... very beneficial to humans.

The thing I hate about cooking with olive oil is the low burn temp... My food never tastes as good, or gets that nice crisp ouer layer...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

The thing I hate about cooking with olive oil is the low burn temp... My food never tastes as good, or gets that nice crisp ouer layer...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

use EVCO. very high smoke point with a kind of buttery taste. you dont HAVE to use EVOO to be jacked/healthy but you can...

No doubt, the olive oil is a gift from the Jesus.
I love this creation. If you do a massage of olive oil on your whole body,
it has more effective and results than meal.

Heating up & cooking with any oil makes it carcenogenic. You're really supposed to put it on AFTER you cook it.

What are you suppose to cook with if you are not suppose to use oil?

Hi dear,

Olive oil is really very good for health.
It keeps our heart healthy and prevents from heart problems.
It is also very effective for burning fat and controlling cholesterol level.

The flavored macadamia nut oil from Oils of Aloha are great!! EVOO has a lower smoke point, so it's not ideal to cook with.

The Haleiwa Heat flavored macadamia oil tastes great BTW!!

Olive oil

When you go to Italy, Sicily etc... I have been to wineries that of course offer wine, but most have a great selection of olive oils. All of them generally poured into a small shot like glass and you sip the oils. Some are spicy, naturally, some are nutty, there are just so many characteristics that make olive oil the best oil to use.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131