over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Olympia judging criteria = conditioning to count for less

NO ONE wants the death of competitors. If they start to ignore or downgrade for condition, something largely under a person's control, in favor of structure, largely, not completely, out of one's control, I call TOTAL BS!

I appreciate a Cedric like aesthetics but let's be honest he deserves very little of the credit for it, if anything we can give the trophy to his parents lol. I think Branche's condition is far more impressive when weighing the effort involved in attaining such.

Just my opinion but it's already a genetics contest and this almost closes the door completely on the less than DNA perfect.

bodybuilding contests(posing on a stage) is not a sporting event. It’s a muscle beauty pageant. Nobody cares about how much “effort” someone put in, that’s irrelevant.

NO ONE wants the death of competitors. If they start to ignore or downgrade for condition, something largely under a person's control, in favor of structure, largely, not completely, out of one's control, I call TOTAL BS!

Just when BB was starting to get really interesting and exciting again they want to drop a turd in the punch bowl.

I appreciate a Cedric like aesthetics but let's be honest he deserves very little of the credit for it, if anything we can give the trophy to his parents lol. I think Branche's condition is far more impressive when weighing the effort involved in attaining such.

Just my opinion but it's already a genetics contest and this almost closes the door completely on the less than DNA perfect.
I know it's not fair

And as someone with absolute shit genetics who only got to where I got through extreme obsession and dedication, I sympathize

But it's about who has the best body

Do we even know why Alena died though?

Also I don't agree with changing much in the judging criteria. Bodybuilding is pushing the limit, and to a certain degree riding that ragged edge between victory and a train-wreck (death). You as the competitor have to know where your line is, and be careful edging up to it. Personally I'd never use diuretics for more than a day or 2. You as the athlete have to know SOMETHING and put your foot down if a coach is suggesting something that might literally kill you.

Let's do this. Any judges, please weigh in. I'm sure there is a Mr. Olympia criteria or official checklist but where that can be found, I don't know. So I'm just throwing these out as the very basic and hoping I undershot, "He just looked bigger." A man is more than just size. The ideal man can carry a 200lb man, running high speed out of a kill zone, while having grace, flexibility, rhythm, coordination, and style. Mr. O is the ideal man after all, right?

Ideal Height: ?
Ideal Weight: (let's assume SHW Mr. O)
Ideal Conditioning:
Fat: ?
Water: ?
Symmetry: ?
Ideal Aesthetic: ? (please explain your ideal or even what this means)
Appearance: ? (Oil, bronzer, trunks, imperfections, hernias, varicosities, vascularity, tattoos, hair length/style)
Posing: ?
Music: ?

Feel free to add or change items I missed, or order of importance. (this is for fun, I'm sure the EXACT criteria is out there)

For me:
Ideal height: 72" (182.88cm) minimum
Ideal Weight: 275lbs (125kg)
Ideal Conditioning:
Fat: 1-2% ish
Water: obviously dry but maintaining muscle fullness ("pop")
Symmetry: right matches left in size, no lagging muscle groups traps to calves, and no freakishly large muscle groups like, "He may have looked good but I couldn't see over his quads."
Ideal Aesthetic: fully built, fully functional appearance (form and function, best of both), flexibility
Appearance: not slippery looking, enough color to make striations and minutia apparent, no scars, no gyno, no malformed muscle, good skin, good teeth, vascularity shouldn't hide muscle, no varicose veins, tattoos are fine unless disruptive to viewing (poor design, badly proportioned, bad color), hair doesn't matter but should be up or held above the neckline for overall judging
Posing: All main poses covered, some personal ones, should be fresh, enjoyable, no loud "let me hear you" motions (pandering to the crowd), in charge yet subtle
Music: most anything but should be bold, should fit the contestant's personality, ethnicity, background (and enough with the Conan Soundtrack shit)
How about The Terminator soundtrack?

Do we even know why Alena died though?

Also I don't agree with changing much in the judging criteria. Bodybuilding is pushing the limit, and to a certain degree riding that ragged edge between victory and a train-wreck (death). You as the competitor have to know where your line is, and be careful edging up to it. Personally I'd never use diuretics for more than a day or 2. You as the athlete have to know SOMETHING and put your foot down if a coach is suggesting something that might literally kill you.
Heart failure from what I heard,took the ambulance over an hour to even make it to her.

I know it's not fair

And as someone with absolute shit genetics who only got to where I got through extreme obsession and dedication, I sympathize

But it's about who has the best body
I Agree. It sucks but thems the breaks. Not just on stage but in life, too. Trying to level the playing field with conditioning for genetically inferior competitors just seems so far against what the Mr. O should be about - awarding the trophy to the male with all the best attributes. Not just a PED and dieting contest. But I'm an idealist to a fault. Freaks will always put asses in the seats.

Yes NOTHING will change....why? Because if 5 guys in a first callout all have great size and shape the guy who is the leanest and driest will standout undeniably and get the win, these guys know that so they will always bring the best conditioning that they possibly can.
And that’s how it should be

Yes NOTHING will change....why? Because if 5 guys in a first callout all have great size and shape the guy who is the leanest and driest will standout undeniably and get the win, these guys know that so they will always bring the best conditioning that they possibly can.
That's true but as it stands right now it's often the case that the most conditioned guy wins even if his shape and flow are utter trash, even if he is only marginally dryer than someone else who is just as big but much more aesthetic

very simple. drug test for diuretics. it won't ruin bodybuilding. those that know how to diet and suffer will still win. and lots of coaches will be exposed.

bodybuilding contests(posing on a stage) is not a sporting event. It’s a muscle beauty pageant. Nobody cares about how much “effort” someone put in, that’s irrelevant.
Never said sport anywhere in my post. Whatever you want to call it I still value effort and if one guy looks 6 weeks out but has nice shape I don't want him winning over a guy who looks like he actually gave a shit and dieted. I did not say we will award effort only but effort that results in a condition that blows away the other guy should be awarded in my book.

The whole thing is a knee jerk, "we have to appear to be doing something" move. Too much of this shit now a days. If they actually cared why did it take a death to bring it about????????? Exactly. To me this is like the Burger King commercial during covid about how they care about their customers health..............really then they would have stopped selling their shit food decades ago lol.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but didn't they send out a decree like 10-15 years ago to the women to come in softer? How did that play out?

Conditioning should not count more than shape/structure/size but it should count.

That's true but as it stands right now it's often the case that the most conditioned guy wins even if his shape and flow are utter trash, even if he is only marginally dryer than someone else who is just as big but much more aesthetic
Like what happened in tx? Ian wining over Steve,

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner