over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplements Linked With Heart Rhythm Disorder

cognitive results. It's a test. It's not something I want to do longterm. My results what as the next person. I do feel like I see a marked improvement in stress management and sleep.
Same. I get that off 2-4g/day though do not really mega dosing...

It’s an antidepressant too

Taking above a 3-4'ish grams of EPA/DHA has not really shown a lot of benefit in most research. Poliquin got a little whacky towards the end of his life in his nutrition recommendations. Lyle IIRC recommends somewhere between 1.8-3'ish grams of total EPA/DHA....which is where most of the research has reflected the most benefits. He has promoted that amount for a long time, based off research, and he has thus far pretty much nailed it....again going many years back and up 'til today.
It depends on how much fish someone is getting from their diets. Someone who avoids seafood would need more (around 3-4g omega 3's, probably not more as you pointed out). Someone who eats a lot of fatty fish would either need much less or none at all. Personally, I am eating a can of oysters, sardines, or anchovies every morning so I haven't been taking any.

Here is a very good summary of fish oil research

I think in general fish oil is one of many supplements people rely on too much for "gains" and "health"

Some take sups for health yet 0 or minimal cardio. As for fish oil, id prefer salmon and healthy fats from food. If I needed to supplement it, Carlsons liquid. I can't imagine the stuff on the shelf at CVS is high quality.

What do you mean by gains? Is fish healthy?

What do you mean by gains? Is fish healthy?
Meaning most probably use fish oil for health but in theory (don't know about real world) getting fat intake from quality sources vs say omega 6 or junk should have body composition benefits even if minimal.

It depends on how much fish someone is getting from their diets. Someone who avoids seafood would need more (around 3-4g omega 3's, probably not more as you pointed out). Someone who eats a lot of fatty fish would either need much less or none at all. Personally, I am eating a can of oysters, sardines, or anchovies every morning so I haven't been taking any.

Here is a very good summary of fish oil research
Yea, I agree with that. Wish I could eat oysters, sardines, salmon et al like a lot of you. If i tried to eat any of that (except maybe salmon I can tolerate a little), i'd barf it all up:( The good thing with going the oyster route is you get the protein along with it....and any other micronutrients intertwined.

I give you 2000 thumbs up on being able to like/tolerate/eat the that brother. Hell, I can't even stomach plain tuna anymore......

Yea, I agree with that. Wish I could eat oysters, sardines, salmon et al like a lot of you. If i tried to eat any of that (except maybe salmon I can tolerate a little), i'd barf it all up:( The good thing with going the oyster route is you get the protein along with it....and any other micronutrients intertwined.

I give you 2000 thumbs up on being able to like/tolerate/eat the that brother. Hell, I can't even stomach plain tuna anymore......
I NEVER ate seafood my entire life up until a year ago (except sushi which I regularly enjoy). I decided enough is enough, it's too healthy for me to miss out on and I just knew it was all mental. Now I am able to eat a can of fish every morning but I rinse it down with my morning healthy smoothie to make it more tolerable. I do not enjoy it but health is health, amirite? I'd still never order it at a restaurant or anything.

I eat a piece of sock eye salmon, a tuna fillet, and 2 teaspoons of cod liver oil everyday. My hdl is still 5 points below reference but no heart rhythm issues. Ive been doing this for a long time.

Too much of anything good is bad more often than not.

I NEVER ate seafood my entire life up until a year ago (except sushi which I regularly enjoy). I decided enough is enough, it's too healthy for me to miss out on and I just knew it was all mental. Now I am able to eat a can of fish every morning but I rinse it down with my morning healthy smoothie to make it more tolerable. I do not enjoy it but health is health, amirite? I'd still never order it at a restaurant or anything.
I'm not sure if I have enough hardcore in me at this point, lol. That is pretty cool you are able to do it. I may have been able to do it back in my teens/20's when I didn't care how good my food tasted and just downed it, like so many other weird concoctions back in the day. I agree, they are super healthy for us.

Fack me.....maybe i'll pick up a can of each and try to muster up to regain my man-card I know i lost a long time ago.......:(:D

well.....and health;)

cognitive results. It's a test. It's not something I want to do longterm. My results what as the next person. I do feel like I see a marked improvement in stress management and sleep.

I didn't mean to come across as condescending, I just sometimes see people take handfuls of fish oil, sometimes several times throughout the day, and it just makes me wonder why, what benefits they glean from it and why they think that 'excess' (I don't objectively know how much constitutes 'excess') amounts will benefit them. I have absolutely nothing against the supplement, assuredly, but in the case of fish oil, I can't help but think after a certain point, they become just excess fat calories

I didn't mean to come across as condescending, I just sometimes see people take handfuls of fish oil, sometimes several times throughout the day, and it just makes me wonder why, what benefits they glean from it and why they think that 'excess' (I don't objectively know how much constitutes 'excess') amounts will benefit them. I have absolutely nothing against the supplement, assuredly, but in the case of fish oil, I can't help but think after a certain point, they become just excess fat calories

Not at all brother. We have always been good and it’s okay to disagree on things.

I started Biotest's Flameout in January. I decided to experiment with it, since it's intriguingly engineered to contain more DHA than EPA.

Interestingly, in relation to the study posted in the original post, higher concentrations of DHA have been shown to reduce incidents of arrhythmia. [I wonder what this suggests about the effects of Vascepa, which is all EPA.]

Anyway, blood work in March showed lowered triglycerides and increased HDL, so I plan to continue using the product.

Chrisler told me I would blunt my immune response and make myself tired because inwas taking shots of it

I started Biotest's Flameout in January. I decided to experiment with it, since it's intriguingly engineered to contain more DHA than EPA.

Interestingly, in relation to the study posted in the original post, higher concentrations of DHA have been shown to reduce incidents of arrhythmia. [I wonder what this suggests about the effects of Vascepa, which is all EPA.]

Anyway, blood work in March showed lowered triglycerides and increased HDL, so I plan to continue using the product.

Are you taking a full serving (4 caps) all at once? How much did your HDL increase?

Are you taking a full serving (4 caps) all at once? How much did your HDL increase?
Yes, I take all four capsules at breakfast, along with D3 and K2. My HDL went from 48 to 61—not a huge jump but I’ll take it. Also, my triglycerides dropped from 121 to 78.

Yes, I take all four capsules at breakfast, along with D3 and K2. My HDL went from 48 to 61—not a huge jump but I’ll take it. Also, my triglycerides dropped from 121 to 78.

That's a huge improvement. It only took about 2 months?

I recently began using it myself and am curious what it will do. I normally use krill oil and that keeps everything in perfect order, but wanted to add a fish oil supplement too and see what happens. In the past, I never noticed anything positive when using fish oil.

That's a huge improvement. It only took about 2 months?

I recently began using it myself and am curious what it will do. I normally use krill oil and that keeps everything in perfect order, but wanted to add a fish oil supplement too and see what happens. In the past, I never noticed anything positive when using fish oil.
Yeah, roughly two months. My doctor has ordered labs more frequently for me since we’ve been trying to dial in the lowest possible amount of a statin I’ve been taking. I’m down to the lowest dose just twice a week now and my numbers are trending in the right directions so far.

I’m going to try to bump the HDL even higher through the use of flush niacin beginning tomorrow. Now that I’m in my 50s, I’m really keeping a close eye on lipid profiles and blood pressure.

Yeah, roughly two months. My doctor has ordered labs more frequently for me since we’ve been trying to dial in the lowest possible amount of a statin I’ve been taking. I’m down to the lowest dose just twice a week now and my numbers are trending in the right directions so far.

I’m going to try to bump the HDL even higher through the use of flush niacin beginning tomorrow. Now that I’m in my 50s, I’m really keeping a close eye on lipid profiles and blood pressure.

That's fantastic. Great that your doctor is also working with you and everything is trending in the right direction. I'm sure you'd prefer if you could get off that statin. Which statin/dose are you on?

That's fantastic. Great that your doctor is also working with you and everything is trending in the right direction. I'm sure you'd prefer if you could get off that statin. Which statin/dose are you on?
I’m on rosuvastain (10mg on Mondays and Thursdays). Years ago I was on simvaststin, training intensely, and wound up in total renal failure as my muscle tissue was breaking down rapidly. I was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis and completely bedridden for over a week. The statin was never directly blamed then, but it has my doctor very cautious about this statin now. So in addition to monitoring my lipids, he’s watching my kidneys and liver as well.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws