over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Omega 3 Fish Oil tied to Prostate Cancer

That was not the whole study. Please explain how you know more than these doctors do please, thanks.

this video explains it well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bLosLY7o6y4]Link Between Fish Oil And Prostate Cancer - YouTube[/ame]

I never take any vitamins, I believe in foods and foods only. So I decide to spend my money on better foods.

Yep, those vitamins might not be what they seem:

Source: NBC News, Fish oils may raise prostate cancer risks, study confirms - NBC News.com . Original data from the SELECT data.

The title of this thread is completely false, as is the media report on the study. The study in question found high serum levels of certain omega-3 fatty acids in people with prostate cancer, it did not in any way make a connection between supplemental omega-3 and prostate cancer.

This reminds me of the study that found high LDL cholesterol in people with who were more muscular, and tried to draw a connection between the two, when it is androgens that raise LDL and, obviously, muscle mass.

If I had to guess? I'd say drug companies are being hurt by people taking fish oil instead of other more expensive drugs for things like high triglycerides, since it is proven that they work for this.

Last edited:
Lmao this article is such BS. Look at actual studies on fish oils. Or better yet, look at the rate of cancer in countries that eat a lot of fish.

The title of this thread is completely false, as is the media report on the study. The study in question found high serum levels of certain omega-3 fatty acids in people with prostate cancer, it did not in any way make a connection between supplemental omega-3 and prostate cancer.

This reminds me of the study that found high LDL cholesterol in people with who were more muscular, and tried to draw a connection between the two, when it is androgens that raise LDL and, obviously, muscle mass.

If I had to guess? I'd say drug companies are being hurt by people taking fish oil instead of other more expensive drugs for things like high triglycerides, since it is proven that they work for this.

I agree, and if one wants to speculate on why there are higher blood levels of O3 in those with prostate cancer (or other cancers for that matter), then it's important to understand what O3's help with - anti-inflammatory action. Cancer is an inflammatory condition.

Here's another example, sometimes low HDL is observed, but the underlying inflammatory condition that causes HDL to be low is ignored.

It's really easy to see how this study was set up, in a fairly transparent, contrived fashion (IMO, at least) to influence people away from omega 3 supplementation. As Kaladryn put it - only big pharma could be capable of such deliberate and possibly harmful persuasion.

Most things in moderation. If one doesn't eat fish, I can't see how a reasonable dose of quality O3 fish oil supplement will cause any harm greater than having some flounder, cod or shellfish daily (or some fatty fish ~2x per week).

Last edited:
Main reason I take fish oil is anti inflammatory propities to balance out all the rice I eat. The olive oil helps too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

What a crock of shit!!!!! I swear there's going to be a study trying to say that lifting weights causes premature death.

I agree, and if one wants to speculate on why there are higher blood levels of O3 in those with prostate cancer (or other cancers for that matter), then it's important to understand what O3's help with - anti-inflammatory action. Cancer is an inflammatory condition.

Here's another example, sometimes low HDL is observed, but the underlying inflammatory condition that causes HDL to be low is ignored.

It's really easy to see how this study was set up, in a fairly transparent, contrived fashion (IMO, at least) to influence people away from omega 3 supplementation. As Kaladryn put it - only big pharma could be capable of such deliberate and possibly harmful persuasion.

Most things in moderation. If one doesn't eat fish, I can't see how a reasonable dose of quality O3 fish oil supplement will cause any harm greater than having some flounder, cod or shellfish daily (or some fatty fish ~2x per week).

Nothing like a good critique from a brainiac. Thanks for making it clear to us less informed that are reading this thread. I was almost convinced not to take it anymore. Studies come and go with many of them out of line with scientific models for an accurate conclusion. :)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws