over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

on gear split routine. any thoughts. ??

sgtfury

Registered
Newbies
i am currently on gear. (I don't think it matters the specifics). I am doing a 2 on one off split routine. day one is chest/biceps, day two is back/triceps..day three is a rest day. Day four is shoulders. Day five is legs. sometimes depending on how I feel, I take two days off instead of one.

I have been told by many people that I should not take as many days off because I am not making the most of the gear and that with the gear I don't need rest as much.

thoughts??

Im doing a split on my days off from work and on some days I do work. Others Im doing just one work out. But Im not on anything I dont see that being on gear should or should not dictate the type of workouts you do.
Either you are recovered enough to do them or not is how I view my own. So far Im enjoying it.

just to be clear..by split routine, im referring to my on days and my off days. ..

would depend on training intensity and volume as well. I hate training 3 days in a row, on 1 off is great, eod works well 3 in a row killing yourself for me at least leads to over training.

the only time I do it is if I miss a day or my gym is closed or something but I really find in most cases its almost not worth it if really pushing.

it does depend on the individual though...

On gear you should be recovering fairly quick, atleast quicker than you were natural, rearrange your workout, get to know your body, see what happens

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

I believe when you are on gear, you should still apply what would work naturually, just allow yourself a little more room, to realise that recovery etc is quicker, the MORE you are in the gym doesnt mean the more u will get out of your gear.
Infact the less time i spent in the gym, the stronger and bigger i got, i needed the rest and it worked,
I believe the only time you need to be in the gym so often, is when your are using Insulin, and you want to make the most out of using it, as it will always open up receptors...

I do believe, frequency training works, hard heavy and progressive lifts...Theirs plenty of guys at my gym who take a ton of gear, and do ur usual flex magazine slit, ie , chest mon, back tue, leg wed etc...

And none of them grow to their full potential, the only size they gain is the size determined by the genetics they have and gear that they use, but NONE of them are actually big, because it takes more then spending everyday in the gym, i personally think its counter productive...

My training split generally stays the same. It is more the training techniques, volum and intensity that change. I also need much less rest between sets.

My split this week was alittle off this week. Normally
I do deads and back together, but my back was destroyed so I pushed it off until the next day and skipped my BI light tri day.
but I never felt sore muscles so recovery is still on point.

6/16 Mon
AM-arms and light traps
PM-Legs
6/17 Tue
AM-Calves
PM-Chest
6/18 Wed
AM-Traps and light shoulders
PM-Tri and light Bi
6/19 Thur
AM-Calves
PM-Deadlift
6/20 Fri
AM-Back
PM-Shoulders
6/21/22 Sat/Sun -rest

Last edited:
Your body should dictate your training splits. Yes your recovery should be better on gear, however your training should also be ramped up to doing more damage to the muscle. I am still a firm believer that if you train hard enough, once a week is enough. If you do quick sessions and minimal sets, train more often.

Example, I train three on one off, two on one off. However, I trained on an off day yesterday because I felt great.

read your body. Sounds like your fairly smart about it, if you feel like you need a day off you probably do.

My split this week was alittle off this week. Normally
I do deads and back together, but my back was destroyed so I pushed it off until the next day and skipped my BI light tri day.
but I never felt sore muscles so recovery is still on point.

6/16 Mon
AM-arms and light traps
PM-Legs
6/17 Tue
AM-Calves
PM-Chest
6/18 Wed
AM-Traps and light shoulders
PM-Tri and light Bi
6/19 Thur
AM-Calves
PM-Deadlift
6/20 Fri
AM-Back
PM-Shoulders
6/21/22 Sat/Sun -rest

I don't mean this to be offensive or come off like a dick but with your experience level and development you would probably be served better to take more the just weekends off and not train 5 days a week.

2x ed work outs?

some can pull this off but they are usually very experienced, heavily muscled and good/great genetics.

There is no one routine for everyone. Training and recovery should be a cadence that can go faster or slower. Regardless of AAS you can train a muscle as soon as it recovers. Of course with AAS you recover faster. If you feel good then train and if the muscle is sore or weak then take a day off. You do not need to stay fixed to your routine exactly. You know when you need a day off. So go with your routine and modify it as necessary; add and subtract recover days as needed.

I would not train biceps the day before back. Biceps should be a secondary puller for the back movements and therefore would hinder a back workout if fatigued or sore. I would just do back/ bi and then chest/ tri the other day. Or give them a separate day, weeks later in your plan.

When you're natural high frequency lower volume is optimal. Muscle protein synthesis only stays elevated for up to 48 hours, usually half that time for advanced lifters. When you do high volume you can get a bigger spike in mps but it takes a lot longer to recover. If you're on cycle higher volume less frequency can be beneficial because mps stays elevated much longer on aas. I still prefer high frequency lower volume either way

Last edited:
I'm not offended, and I honestly just listen to my body.
Wednesday would be my off day if I felt I needed it.

Stroll over to my Trest Log and make some comments.
I'm very open minded to new training methods, diet, etc
i honestly feel I've seen the best results training like this and I've constantly made gains under various type of training methods.

Sure If I would have done something different, diet,cycle, training wise I could have made faster gains. But everybody's different and I have to conduct my own experiments, and as long as I'm making progress I'm happy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 212
Cruise -
Chest
Back
Legs
Off
Shoulders/traps
Arms
Off

Blast -
Chest/bis
Back/tris
Shoulders
Off
Chest/Bis
Back/tris
Legs
Off

Has worked well the last year or so since I have bad knees and can only hit legs once EW.

I'm not offended, and I honestly just listen to my body.
Wednesday would be my off day if I felt I needed it.

Stroll over to my Trest Log and make some comments.
I'm very open minded to new training methods, diet, etc
i honestly feel I've seen the best results training like this and I've constantly made gains under various type of training methods.

Sure If I would have done something different, diet,cycle, training wise I could have made faster gains. But everybody's different and I have to conduct my own experiments, and as long as I'm making progress I'm happy.

I took a glace through it which is why I made that comment.

so mon,tues train wed off thurs, fri train, sat, sun off? that's much more reasonable, and if your workouts are short you might be ok. if you have the time to train 2x ed could be ok if doing it right.

from your last post it seemed you did 5 on two off.

without knowing much more about you its hard to make accurate comments, but from pics building a base with heavy compounds over the first few years gear free would probably have made you a bit larger. 3 days or so a week hit it hard and recover.

Up until recently I could only train 3-4 days a week. While recovering from my surgery I got bit by the big hard and have gone full throttle with my training and supplementation. I now train 6 days a week. The day off can fall in different times. I also do 1 hour of cardio 6 days a week. If your gear and your diet, sleep, and stress levels are good, you can recover pretty well.
I do
Quads / Hams - maybe calves
Chest / abs - calves
Back / traps
Shoulders / Hams - calves
Biceps / triceps - calves
Start Over...

I personally get best results by using a split going 5 days a week. All parts on their own except for arms. I do them together. Im in an out within 30 min for each workout except legs, I make that 45

well heres the thing, I just haven't seen thatmany big people gain there size by doing any thing like this.

yes as some larger guys get to that size then they can pull it off but the majority get more rest particularly while tryingto get to that size.

what kinda size aremost here? particularly those trying to go with so manydays on?

also genetics with this is a key factor. even juiced to the gills and using other things thatmost haven't even heard of my 3 days on burns me out. unless I take it a little easier...

Another thing that led me down this route is CT fletcher preaching over training.
It makes sense.
Every single runner I know has huge legs, and they over train.
Flew Lewis said he brought his arms up by hitting them multiple times a week and doing 500+ reps each session.
Well in the past cycle I've put noticeable/measurable size on my arms, I just measured 17.5 for the first time and have me hope that I might actually get to 18 this year.
Now I'd also like to point out my leg growth has kinda stated to slow alittle since I've started training them once a week. I used to split them Front and Rear.
Pretty much the same with calves. Smash and destroy and they grow.

I've tried 3/4/5/6 day splits, I've tried the beyond brawn method, a few routines I've found online,Shelby Starnes routine, 5/3/1, this micro cycle I'm on, and I'm sure more. I tend to ride them out for 4-6 months unless they're a quickie 12 weeks of something.

I'm not saying your wrong, but I just like training like this ATM. Eventually I'll switch it up.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws