over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

On Metformin - Fasted Blood Sugar

heman4u

Registered
3rd week on Metformin. Week 1 Started at 250mg with Meal 1, Added 250mg with Meal 3 on week 2 & added 250mg with last meal (No Carbs. Cucumber and Chicken Only) on week 3. So, now at 750mg daily. I checked fasted blood sugar today. It's low at 65mg/dl. (Ref. Range 70-110 mg/dl) Before starting Metformin it used to be between 92-98. I was about to add another 250mg starting week 4 today but did not after seeing this reading. Also my plan beginning was to take it to 1500mg daily over the weeks. Should I be concerned? What are your FBS readings on Metformin guys?

3rd week on Metformin. Week 1 Started at 250mg with Meal 1, Added 250mg with Meal 3 on week 2 & added 250mg with last meal (No Carbs. Cucumber and Chicken Only) on week 3. So, now at 750mg daily. I checked fasted blood sugar today. It's low at 65mg/dl. (Ref. Range 70-110 mg/dl) Before starting Metformin it used to be between 92-98. I was about to add another 250mg starting week 4 today but did not after seeing this reading. Also my plan beginning was to take it to 1500mg daily over the weeks. Should I be concerned? What are your FBS readings on Metformin guys?

I'd drop your dose of Met back to 250mg.

I'd drop your dose of Met back to 250mg.

Can you elaborate on this please? After reading all those threads on Metformin and hearing experiences of guys on 1000-1500mg, I started it with much expectations.:(

Can you elaborate on this please? After reading all those threads on Metformin and hearing experiences of guys on 1000-1500mg, I started it with much expectations.:(

maybe I'm misunderstanding this post you just wrote, but why are you looking at this like it's a bad thing? you're responding well to a lower dose of metformin than you had originally planed to use...

that's a good thing..

maybe I'm misunderstanding this post you just wrote, but why are you looking at this like it's a bad thing? you're responding well to a lower dose of metformin than you had originally planed to use...

that's a good thing..

My intention was not just to reduce fasting blood sugar. I am in off-season. I love eating carbs. I take 6-7 meals daily with carbs. Only the last meal is zero/carbs from cucumber only. I thought Met will help block absorption of a carbs a bit and help me stay lean even though I may take slightly more carbs than required. I also want to get the longevity and insulin sensitivity benefits. I never read in any of the threads here that the low dose will help with that. Most guys I read here nothuman, rambo, mike, all recommend 1000-1500mg. I read in one thread that nothuman even went up to 2000mg and it helped him stay lean.

Last edited:
My intention was not just to reduce fasting blood sugar. I am in off-season. I love eating carbs. I take 6-7 meals daily with carbs. Only the last meal is zero/carbs from cucumber only. I thought Met will help block absorption of a carbs a bit and help me stay lean even though I may take slightly more carbs than required. I also want to get the longevity and insulin sensitivity benefits. I never read in any of the threads here that the low dose will help with that. Most guys I read here nothuman, rambo, mike, all recommend 1000-1500mg. I read in one thread that nothuman even went up to 2000mg and it helped him stay lean.

i get what you're saying, but why not just eat fewer carbs then?

i get what you're saying, but why not just eat fewer carbs then?

I knew that was coming lol but bro I do have a cutting cycle for that. Till then let me enjoy my carbs without counting. As I said above, I love my carb meals. But do not love what they do if I take more than needed. And, no, don't misunderstand that I use Metformin as an excuse to over/binge eat. I eat clean all meals. Last cheat meal was about 6 weeks ago lol.

They all recommend that because that's the recommended dose used in studies for diabetics.

You're dropping your fasted BG way to low with that high dose. You need lower your dose. You'll get the longevity and insulin sensitivity benefits even at a lower dose.

How low you can get your blood sugar after not eating for 12 hours doesn't seem like the best way to go to me. How quickly you can clear it out after a meal is of more importance from what I see. My level is around 80 non-fasted. But that isn't right after a large carb meal though.

They all recommend that because that's the recommended dose used in studies for diabetics.

You're dropping your fasted BG way to low with that high dose. You need lower your dose. You'll get the longevity and insulin sensitivity benefits even at a lower dose.

What about the carb blocking effect? Wonder what their BG levels are :rolleyes: Hope someone would chime in and share their experience...

What about the carb blocking effect? Wonder what their BG levels are :rolleyes: Hope someone would chime in and share their experience...

It inhibits glucose uptake in the liver, how much? No one knows exactly but I don't believe it is to a great extent. If you want something to block carbs, use something like green coffee bean extract

Well I got your PM and for some reason, you aren't accepting messages so I'm just going to say I don't have much meaningful to contribute but I can tell you my fasted BG is around 88-90 on 2000-2500mg metformin. A1C is 4.9

Well I got your PM and for some reason, you aren't accepting messages so I'm just going to say I don't have much meaningful to contribute but I can tell you my fasted BG is around 88-90 on 2000-2500mg metformin. A1C is 4.9

Does all your meals have carbs when on Met? Especially last meal before bed?

Wow that’s a lot. I haven’t gone much over 1000. Maybe I should my fasted is about 95-100. But with meals 1 hr later I’m 115ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does all your meals have carbs when on Met? Especially last meal before bed?

No my first meal rarely has carbs. The rest usually do but not always. Only times I have checked my BG is on a legit blood test the following morning and I believe this is without carbs the night before but hard to remember.

I take 1000mg a day with about 200grams of carbs during the day and my non-fasted blood sugar levels are in the low to mid 80's. That is with 4 small carb meals before I take the test. I took cinnamon for years with good results as well.

I honestly don't think 2-2.5 grams is needed at all. Maybe if one is doing an all you can eat cheat meal, then pop 1-1.5 grams post meal but thats it. I know you said you like taking if to block carb absorption but how many carbs do you take in a day?

No my first meal rarely has carbs. The rest usually do but not always. Only times I have checked my BG is on a legit blood test the following morning and I believe this is without carbs the night before but hard to remember.

Were you on GH?

I tried adding carbs to last meal but FBG was still low. Finally after 2-3 days of different approaches, today my FBG was 85. What I did was I reduced my dosage from 750 to 500mg. I took it with Meal 1. Stopped taking the 250mg with last meal. Cut the added carbs in last meal too. It's 85 today.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity