over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Once a day cheat meal

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Does anyone move macros around to allow for a cheat snack daily? I dont mean anywhere contest prep time or anything. Just in the off season or if youre not going to ever compete.
I started doing this when I started training again and honestly, it makes the whole day better. Too early to see serious results but in my 2 weeks back, im happy with it so far.

No.

Why would you need a "cheat snack" on a daily basis unless you're Roman Fritz?

Not to be a dick, but even if you're not planning on competing is it that hard to eat decent 6.75 days a week and then have a cheat meal or 2.

If your craving bad I drink tea add sweetener or cream of rice double chocolate flavour and chocolate whey add extra sucralose stevia taste horrible to me.

it’s great if you crave sweet things ^

but if I was coaching someone it would all depend how lean they are and how the food works with them cheat meals shouldn’t be looked at is something bad if your diet is 90 percent dialled in then a extra 10 junk won’t harm you even if that’s a cheat everyday

put it this way a cheat every day is better than a binge on a weekend like fouad

People shit load for contest time
Some junk in your diet has the same effect and mentally off-season if someone is more leaning towards binge eating I would say have a cheat once a night and fit that into your diet

Do I do this when training I have done will I do that now no but I see no harm in it

just my two scents

If I'm not in prep then I pretty much stick to my diet all day then have whatever the family is having for dinner. It's generally not to far off plan but sometimes we decide to go out to eat and I'll have whatever I want.

I've even done about 12 weeks of a 16 week prep this way just reduce the calories all day and have a more laxed dinner , not exorbitant but not not on plan.

No.

Why would you need a "cheat snack" on a daily basis unless you're Roman Fritz?

Not to be a dick, but even if you're not planning on competing is it that hard to eat decent 6.75 days a week and then have a cheat meal or 2.
No, I just don't see it as necissary. If your total macros are within the range that lets you stay relatively lean, i.e. visible abs, and you're getting stronger, whats the actual point of being overly strict?
Thats a serious question.

No, I just don't see it as necissary. If your total macros are within the range that lets you stay relatively lean, i.e. visible abs, and you're getting stronger, whats the actual point of being overly strict?

I don't agree that all calories are equal but the easy answer to your question is: "is the effect of eating shitty food daily going to be detrimental to your health in the long run?"

Yes, you could argue that 1 shit meal a day is better than some jackass eating 3 shit meals but then again that said jackass is most likely not using superphysiologic amounts of testosterone plus other gear, GH, thyroid, insulin, etc. I highly doubt eating shit food everyday will not have some sort of effect on blood markers, inflammation, blood pressure etc (over time).

There is no point. You can stay lean and eat chicken nuggets everyday for instance. Especially on test/GH. Just imo. I have never been freaky 6-7% lean though. And never will be.

I don't agree that all calories are equal but the easy answer to your question is: "is the effect of eating shitty food daily going to be detrimental to your health in the long run?"

Yes, you could argue that 1 shit meal a day is better than some jackass eating 3 shit meals but then again that said jackass is most likely not using superphysiologic amounts of testosterone plus other gear, GH, thyroid, insulin, etc. I highly doubt eating shit food everyday will not have some sort of effect on blood markers, inflammation, blood pressure etc (over time).
Actually there’s not a single study that backs up that one “bad” meal a day is harmful. People can lose weight eating twinkies and health markers improve. I don’t even agree with calling any food bad. The difference between medicine and poison is the dose.

If I'm not in prep then I pretty much stick to my diet all day then have whatever the family is having for dinner. It's generally not to far off plan but sometimes we decide to go out to eat and I'll have whatever I want.

I've even done about 12 weeks of a 16 week prep this way just reduce the calories all day and have a more laxed dinner , not exorbitant but not not on plan.
Same here I simply enjoy a nice family meal. I have long since lost the OCD must only eat certain foods thing.

I do. I track my protein and calories. I’m not competing and there’s no difference in results or health markers fitting in a slice of pizza or chicken tenders and fries. In fact where most people mess up is they try to get too restrictive with their eating and it makes it not sustainable. I would never tell a lifestyle client or even someone just wanting to look good with abs on the beach to only eat “clean” foods. People do best with a sense of normalcy and freedom. It’s stupid to make things harder than they have to be for the same results.

Work smarter not harder-Tony Robbins lol

I’ll bet you probably looked better because of it. Less stress and lower cortisol

But also off-season is off-season downtime for some not everyone can handle a clean diet 24/7 this is a poor mindset and you need to be more realistic

not everyone wants to look hardcore with there clean foods think about others this is we’re ignorance comes into it

need to think of others and there mindset

Hey bro if you can get away with it, help yourself, I say. Sounds corny, but the best diet is the one you stick to, contest prep or not. Results are results. Just keep in mind MOST can't get away with a cheat meal a day lol

Hey bro if you can get away with it, help yourself, I say. Sounds corny, but the best diet is the one you stick to, contest prep or not. Results are results. Just keep in mind MOST can't get away with a cheat meal a day lol
Can I do one clean meal a day and four cheat meals?

Does that make the clean meal a cheat meal on my diet?

i agree with basically what everyone has said here.

I'm more trying to chime in to the original question....that's basicccc nutrition knowledge. Were you asking what other guys are doing, or are you asking if its possible for you to stay lean? Both are just bare-bones simple and if you've been on this forum long enough, this shouldn't even be a question.

Some guys NEED to eat super strict. Some guys dont.
Some guys CHOOSE to eat super strict. Some guys don't.
What else do u need to know?

I understand the argument but isn't a bit hypocritical bashing the food and injecting that much stuff? I'm sure if we were truly concerned with health, we wouldnt be injecting bathtub roids we got off some guy on the internet.
I'm guilty to because my trt sure as hell isn't coming from my local doc. MY point is the argument for health.

i agree with basically what everyone has said here.

I'm more trying to chime in to the original question....that's basicccc nutrition knowledge. Were you asking what other guys are doing, or are you asking if its possible for you to stay lean? Both are just bare-bones simple and if you've been on this forum long enough, this shouldn't even be a question.

Some guys NEED to eat super strict. Some guys dont.
Some guys CHOOSE to eat super strict. Some guys don't.
What else do u need to know?
I technically questioning the validity of some of the shit I used to do and why I swore by it.
I went years eating basically 5 foods and having a cheat meal once every other week and I'm attempting to figure out why exactly I believed what I did and if there's validity to how I'm thinking now.
Other opinions, tend to shed light on your own though process by forcing you to think about someone else's.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws