over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ONE anxiety 3 years ago and trying to join the Army

dgarr21

Registered
I have a question for any retired of current military people. When I was 19 I had ONE panic attack. Never has happened again before, but it was at work and they sent to the ER cause they thought my heart was messing up (very comparable symptoms apparently). WELL to say the least it has been almost 4 years since and NOT one panic attack since then. I was partying a lot back then and that probably caused it. Low sleep lots of drinking.

SO my question is simple but scary. Could the army refuse me if I tell them I have had an anxiety attack? But it truly is an isolated event. Many years ago. Getting extremely close to graduating with my Bachelor's and could go to officer schooling. Would be a dream but scared to tell the truth actually. If that makes any sense.

I really doubt it. Be sure to emphasize that it was just once, and not recently. Those are the biggest points. I think you'll be fine.

Don't be stupid and open your freaking suck. IF you say you had a "panic attack" PRE-Army, they can use this as an excuse to write off any medical problem cause in service. If you have a severe panic attack again in service, and did not claim anything joining, you can blame the service for it; training, life style, failure to adjust, etc.

Again, keep your suck CLOSED! "I have no medical problems. I did NOT do drugs, not even weed".

Last edited:
^
Yeah, of course don't say anything about it unless it's unavoidable.

Thats kinda like answering, did you inhale honestly. Only concern we would have is that you really examine what caused the panic attack and make sure you are not going to be setting yourself up for more. Its not exactly playing marbles.

IPG

The military will want documentation on anything medical that ever happened in your life that you bring to there attention. I wouldve never had a career and would still be gathering paperwork if I mentioned every time I was in the hospital.

Like my man said..."Dont open your suck!!!!" No you will not get in if you had a panic attack. The military is no joke and if you had a panic attack in a civilian work situation, what will happen in combat. Thats the way they see it and you will be disqualified.

I am a recruiter. Yes you will be disqualified. Google army regulation 40-501:) thank me later. You never had a panic attack or anxiety right? Right....??

I am a recruiter. Yes you will be disqualified. Google army regulation 40-501:) thank me later. You never had a panic attack or anxiety right? Right....??

Hey Shrek. What about all these kids on ADHD medication today? I'm 42 and already served but I am asking because I'm curious about my fiance's son. Will a diagnosis of ADHD disqualify them?

Hey Shrek. What about all these kids on ADHD medication today? I'm 42 and already served but I am asking because I'm curious about my fiance's son. Will a diagnosis of ADHD disqualify them?

Hi brother, I am not shrek but I think I can help you out on this one cause I have already spoken and asked this question to my recruiter. As long as your doctor stops the ADHD meds and your son says he is good to go without it for ONE full year it is no big deal. But meds have to be discontinued for ONE entire year before they will allow this.

Have a good day

We had a saying when I recruited.
If an applicant answered YES to any medical question that means
YOUR
ENLISTMENT
STOPS

In other words, say NO
NAVAL
OPPORTUNITY

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator