over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

One day in my kitchen...

Wow, I'm gonna have to print off this thread and try some of these recipes.

Pollo con Arroz

I always love to eat what the locals eat, wherever I go. Then you go to a different part of that country and have the same dish and 9 out of 10 times it's totally different! Like Pollo can arroz in Costa Rica. In the capitol at 10,000 ft altitude it's a mildly spiced chicken with rice and lime slices. (Ripe limes are orangy-yellow colored inside and look like a knobby orange and tast sweeter than the things we get here, which are all about shipping without damage. Hard enough to drop from a 747 without damage...)
So.... down to the pacific coastline in Punta Arenas it's so spicy hot the rice could melt asphalt and you better order the ice cold beers 2 at a time.
Ahhhh...Imperial (the excellent local brew) with a black, German eagle on the label. Can't get that here though.

Pollo can Arroz (means chicken with rice)

in heavy skillet with lid..

4 pounds chicken, cut into bite sized pieces,
browned in 2 tblsp oil for 7-10 min.

add
2 cups chopped bell peppers, red or green
2 cups chopped onions
cook until slightly softened

add 2 cups rice, stir just to coat rice

add
1 tblsp garlic
1 tblsp paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
stir to mix well

add 3 cups water, or chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

Bring to a boil,
stir and scrape the bottom of the skillet to loosen up the browny bits..cover and lower heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.

Stir in
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup drained green olives
1/4 cup of jarred pimiento peppers, or roasted red peppers (drained)

cover again and cook about 10 minutes more until rice is tender.

Serve with fresh green mixed salad, fresh lime slices, and, of course,
with ice cold beer.

mucho delicioso!!!

Everlast, should we tell them about the Protein Crepes or the Frozen Protein Treats... those were good! :D

Oh... I think I dig up those recipes off MisFit's board.

Everlast's Frozen Protein Treats

I don't know about everyone else but with it being 100 degrees down here in the South, these Frozen Protein Treats hit the spot!

Mix up protein powder like usual. Lately we've been doing them with water, because we are trying to loose weight. Everlast is lactose intolerant, so sometimes he uses soy milk. He put them in bowls in the freezer and let them freeze. Then put fat free whip cream on top... YUM! It's great! He used strawberry protein powder.

Last edited:
Protein Crepes

Another one of Everlast's breakfast recipes...

PROTEIN CREPES

In a mixing bowl, add:

1-2 scoops protein (EAS Whey / Vanilla is good), enough fruit flavored diet sparkling water to make a loose, runny pancake batter. You can add Equal, Splenda, fruit of your choice off season, etc.

Then to hot skillet or griddle:
spray a shot of "I Can't Believe it's not Butter", or some Butter flavored Pam, and add one spoonful of the batter for silver dollars size, or more for a big one! When the bubbles completely form you can slide a spatula under and flip. (Don't forget to spray the skillet again) It will take a few to get the technique down.

Top with some low cal Cool whip, no sugar fruit preserves, low cal syrup, or just Cinnamon!

london broil

This is easy breezy

get one or two london broil packages at the meat counter.
These are big flat slabs of low fat protein...

set oven to 350-375 to pre-heat

place meat in glass casserole with a
tblspn Olive oil spread evenly on all surfaces of the meat.
cook 7-10 minutes per side and let cool before slicing
then add salt and pepper to taste
OR a little Worchestireshire sauce
(based on a Roman condiment called Garum that the locals came to like during Roman occupation of Britain)

Side dishes:

Couscous is a pasta shaped like rice (made from wheat)
several varieties available-I like the Pesto and Pignoli.
All you do is add hot water and stir it up.(read the box)

Add some steamed broccoli on the side and its ..........DINNER TIME!

Ok breakfast is a bitch. Running around, trying to get dressed and ready, etc. So plan ahead, I cook a lot on the weekends and plan a night during the week, usually Wednesday for resupply.

Breakfast
get a glass casserole dish, spray with butter flavor PAM and preheat the oven to 300. In a mixing bowl add the following;
one carton Egg Beaters( 99% egg whites)
1 cup browned ground turkey, or chicken
6-8 oz low fat cheese shreds, or crumbles
1 cup chopped red and green peppers
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 spoonful red pepper flakes (optional)
low salt seasonings to taste

carb options, if you can stand them;
1 cup cooked rice, or
1 cup cooked grits (cheese, or bacon flavor is nice)

Place all ingredients in casserole after mixing and bake for 20 min. or until eggs are set. Cut into serving size squares and you have breakfast for at least a day or two unless you eat it all before lunch.

:)

The breakfast sounds AWESOME!!!!!! Did you heat it before you eat it or eat it cold. Sounds similar to this "hashbrown bake" my mom makes. YUMMY! You could pry just substitute the grits for the hash browns--tho arent potatoes good for you. sounds great. thanks for sharing. looking for good options now that I'm only home to sleep. then off to school and work

hot or cold....

hey I've done both. I try to get enough fat free chees into the mix to get it to stick together when off season. That way you can hold it without it falling apart at the first bite. Potato is good, especially red skin as they metabolize more slowly than the white skin baking kinds. This recipe is infintely variable.
Add smoked sausage, shredded buffalo, elk, whatever you got.
there is an old saying, I think Korean, that goes, "meat is meat" so put whatever you like in.
well....almost.

This is easy breezy

get one or two london broil packages at the meat counter.
These are big flat slabs of low fat protein...

set oven to 350-375 to pre-heat

place meat in glass casserole with a
tblspn Olive oil spread evenly on all surfaces of the meat.
cook 7-10 minutes per side and let cool before slicing
then add salt and pepper to taste
OR a little Worchestireshire sauce
(based on a Roman condiment called Garum that the locals came to like during Roman occupation of Britain)

Side dishes:

Couscous is a pasta shaped like rice (made from wheat)
several varieties available-I like the Pesto and Pignoli.
All you do is add hot water and stir it up.(read the box)

Add some steamed broccoli on the side and its ..........DINNER TIME!

Tried this one last night. Cooked the meat pretty rare, and sliced it very thin.

I could actually see mixing this with some pepper and onions, hot sauce, and putting in all in one of those soft whole wheat burrito shells.

same old vegetables.....

Ok. I know vegetables are important to bodybuilders.
Hell, they're important to everyone.
Vitamins, fiber, micronutrients aside they are the bulky part of your diet, or should be. so let's not forget to eat those broccoli, green bean, cauliflower side dishes that we should....
but can we please, God, please add something to make them taste better???

Ok the ancient Romans had a sauce called Garum which they brought to England and they liked it so much they made a local version in a town called Worchestershire. So if we go back to the original Garum records it had a little something extra. Fish. Italians have a love for the sea as they are surrounded by it and have fished its depths to add to their tables since the dawn of history.You may not like Anchovies on pizza, but you may find the irresistable flavor this sauce in just a few drops turns the boring cauliflower or broccoli into something you want to lick the bottom of the pot for.
Southeast Asian visitors will remember a local fish sauce that adds the essence of the sea to soups.
I find that the Vietnamese version is best and is called called Nuoc Mam Nhi, or just Nuoc Mam.
Smells like death, looks like tea. Get over it.
Add a few drops to a cup of water, or chicken stock, in a pot with a tight fitting lid for Gods' sake and set the head of cauliflower or broccoli into it and put the lid on quick.Just the heat the water to boiling and cook to your desired tenderness.
Once cooked, the smell is quite nice and has a delicate and indescribable quality... once eaten you will be hooked and can never go without it again.

I prefer the "Three Crabs" brand by the Tong Phat Hanh:Viet Huong Fishsauce Company, Inc.
It is actually made in Thailand by people who know how!
Remember...everything good doesn't smell good at first....
you will be surprised!

roast pork tenderloin...

All bodybuilder are on a budget due to the high costs of supplements and what-not so look for good lean protein buys at your supermarket. I think roast pork tenderloin is a good buy on lean protein that gives you a break from chicken, turkey, or beef. look for buys in volume at 3.00/lb or so and freeze. (freezing in double wrapped packages that eliminate the air from touching the meat will avoid freezer burn)

Oven at 375 degrees... two to three lbs tenderloin in a little olive or coconut oil for 15-20 minutes, then turn the meat to brown the other side and 20 min later lower the heat to 300 degrees and add quartered onions to fill the pan. Another 20-30 minutes should do it.

While this is going on put a ripe, peeled mango into the blender with a teaspoon of garlic, a teaspoon of sea salt and red pepper flakes to taste and blend to a coarse puree.

When the meat is done and removed from the oven add the mango mix and allow it to slightly cool before slicing into thin ribbons.

Green salad with an avocado and olive oil balsamic vinaigrette as a side with a white zinfandel and you're all set.

So get a date and light a candle you romantic fools....

thanks alot everlast i still am not eating enough and this will help.its nice to feel like you are eating real food.not just MRPS and tuna ha ha

grill tips....

Ok...looking at a way to grill those skinless chicken breasts without sticking them?
first get the grill screaming hot, then add fresh herbs whole on the stems like
Rosemary or Lavender, Add the chicken directly onto the herbs and grill as usual.
The flavors of herbs smoked into the meat is indescribable!
You can also strip the greenery off of Rosemary and use the stems soaked in water for skewers---be careful it hurts like a b*tch if you stick your fingers!

Peaches are low GI and are great lightly grilled! place cut side down over the grill when the coals are dying down and lightly grill your dessert. Sauce them with a Brandy and cream and if you're really hard core add some vanilla protein to the cream first...about a half and half ratio of cream to brandy should do it---but don't sauce them over the grill or you'll end up like Richard Pryor!!!

Fish is also good grilled using a basket or a single thickness packaging of aluminum foil to hold it together. Herb them well (dill, lemon or tarragon)and don't overcook it. 1-2 minutes per side on a one inch fillet is plenty. Firm meaty fish steaks like tuna and shark do very well.

happy grilling by the fire to all...

Ok...looking at a way to grill those skinless chicken breasts without sticking them?
first get the grill screaming hot, then add fresh herbs whole on the stems like
Rosemary or Lavender, Add the chicken directly onto the herbs and grill as usual.
The flavors of herbs smoked into the meat is indescribable!
You can also strip the greenery off of Rosemary and use the stems soaked in water for skewers---be careful it hurts like a b*tch if you stick your fingers!

Peaches are low GI and are great lightly grilled! place cut side down over the grill when the coals are dying down and lightly grill your dessert. Sauce them with a Brandy and cream and if you're really hard core add some vanilla protein to the cream first...about a half and half ratio of cream to brandy should do it---but don't sauce them over the grill or you'll end up like Richard Pryor!!!

Fish is also good grilled using a basket or a single thickness packaging of aluminum foil to hold it together. Herb them well (dill, lemon or tarragon)and don't overcook it. 1-2 minutes per side on a one inch fillet is plenty. Firm meaty fish steaks like tuna and shark do very well.

happy grilling by the fire to all...

To add to your post, if I can..

I also sort of poach (?) my chicken breasts (skinless) on the grill. I let them marinade in complete seasoning, sour orange, and a little lime, diced onions too. I them make a pocket out of aluminum foil and place the breasts in and some of the marinade (mind you i let my breasts soak for at least 24hrs) and close it. I throw it on the grill about medium - mine is open flame. They cook really quick, stay really moist. You may need to take them out of the foil if you poke a hole in it. The liquid will mix with the fat/water from the breast and cook solid to the foil. Makes a dark crispy mess.. If the breast sits in it to long you get charred tips - I like it, wife does not. Pretty much just builds heat inside of there without letting it over dry and isn't so much like actually boiling them.

^ Nice grilling tip. Thanks, OrDieTrying! :)

pockets....

Lots of Latin groceries here and also Southeast Asian ones will carry banana leaves. You can fold 'em up to make a cooking pocket with the spices and sides you want and then eat off them like paper plates when they're done. You can cut strip off the ends to tie them with, but it's a good idea to have one of those wicker plate holders that you put paper plates in under them. safer that way if it's hot or you poke a hole in it.
i like to put a spoonful of cooked rice, some green, red and orange peppers or other colorful vegetables in with the chicken or fish. (keep the filets on the thin side and you'll get even cooking and crisp tender veggies) It's
good way to impress the hell out of a date too.
hey go with a theme and use S. American flavors with shrimp fish or chicken and a frosty Corona, or Margarita.
Equal parts of fine Tequila Anejo, Triple sec and fresh lime juice.
Go ahead....make her day!!!
She'll make your night;)

Lots of Latin groceries here and also Southeast Asian ones will carry banana leaves. You can fold 'em up to make a cooking pocket with the spices and sides you want and then eat off them like paper plates when they're done. You can cut strip off the ends to tie them with, but it's a good idea to have one of those wicker plate holders that you put paper plates in under them. safer that way if it's hot or you poke a hole in it.
i like to put a spoonful of cooked rice, some green, red and orange peppers or other colorful vegetables in with the chicken or fish. (keep the filets on the thin side and you'll get even cooking and crisp tender veggies) It's
good way to impress the hell out of a date too.
hey go with a theme and use S. American flavors with shrimp fish or chicken and a frosty Corona, or Margarita.
Equal parts of fine Tequila Anejo, Triple sec and fresh lime juice.
Go ahead....make her day!!!
She'll make your night;)

Un 'tamal'..my mom makes em with corn-meal and chicken, or beef, or pork.. Or plain, with a side of pork.. Good thing I bought the house next to my mothers..!

/Cubano

This is great im for sure gunna try it out.

THIS SHOULD BE A STICKY!

EMERGENCY RATIONS......

OK, so what do you carry around as a backup for when the (fill in the blank here) runs late?
Or you can't get done with the (whatever it is) and your'e getting low on blood sugar, and the next little thing that goes wrong is maybe gonna get somebody maimed for life?

Easy killer....deep breaths now...put down that doughnut and back away slow

So let's be proactive and put a little something in the glovebox OK?
How about the inevitable can of tuna? or smoked salmon?
Kipper snacks and sardines are also a good choice for those of us who like them. A jar of all natural peanut butter mixed with a scoop or two of whey isolate will keep for a while. But if you plan ahead and pack a cooler you can have just about anything you want as an emergency meal for the day. And if you don't have an emergency that day, you lucky devil, then you have the last meal of the day ready to eat without having to do prep. Just munch happily away and then repack for tomorrows little emergencies.
I like to have celery sticks and the aforementioned peanutbutter and chocolate whey isolate mixed with LBA's, some romaine lettuce leaf rollups with albacore tuna, boiled baby shrimp, dill salad cubes and a little fat free mayo...try filling your thermos with some coffee with coconut oil and chocolate whey isolates now that it's getting a slight chill in the morning air
Be good to yourself and plan for those times when the world is going to leave you cold and empty and longing for fries and a big mac that you haven't planned on eating....
Don't give in to them Man!!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner