over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

One day in my kitchen...

Gayo Pinto.....

What's a good side dish that has low GI complex carbs, fiber and complete protein all in one? Our Cuban and S. American friends will know it's Rice and Beans! Get a can, or two of black beans (or any type you like) and rinse them well to get rid of the extra salt. Add equal parts cooked brown rice, a cup of good chicken stock, some chopped garlic, a half cup each of chopped tomato and onions, a little cilantro and epazote to taste and simmer it up for 30-45 minutes.
OK, so real Gayo Pinto takes the skilled devotion and love that only your grandma can do right, but this will do in a pinch.

Thanks to all who've contributed to this thread....a few more months of this and we've got a GREAT bodybuilders cookbook here!

OK, so what do you carry around as a backup for when the (fill in the blank here) runs late?
Or you can't get done with the (whatever it is) and your'e getting low on blood sugar, and the next little thing that goes wrong is maybe gonna get somebody maimed for life?

Easy killer....deep breaths now...put down that doughnut and back away slow

So let's be proactive and put a little something in the glovebox OK?
How about the inevitable can of tuna? or smoked salmon?
Kipper snacks and sardines are also a good choice for those of us who like them. A jar of all natural peanut butter mixed with a scoop or two of whey isolate will keep for a while. But if you plan ahead and pack a cooler you can have just about anything you want as an emergency meal for the day. And if you don't have an emergency that day, you lucky devil, then you have the last meal of the day ready to eat without having to do prep. Just munch happily away and then repack for tomorrows little emergencies.
I like to have celery sticks and the aforementioned peanutbutter and chocolate whey isolate mixed with LBA's, some romaine lettuce leaf rollups with albacore tuna, boiled baby shrimp, dill salad cubes and a little fat free mayo...try filling your thermos with some coffee with coconut oil and chocolate whey isolates now that it's getting a slight chill in the morning air
Be good to yourself and plan for those times when the world is going to leave you cold and empty and longing for fries and a big mac that you haven't planned on eating....
Don't give in to them Man!!!

That is soo true dude. I mean I find myself DAILY going to over-priced places just to order something half-decent and pick it apart so I get what I want.. Lately I've been hitting Subway. I ask for white (6") because I don't think their wheat is all that great and the glutens in it get my stomach all gassy.. The girl at the counter is cute and after a few times she knows me well.. She empties out the insides of my bread and adds to this 3 chicken breasts, a slice of swiss, a small amount of lettuce, a lot of jalepenos and banana peppers.. olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano.. Fills me up, plenty of protein and about the same cost as the combo without the chips and sugar water.

I'm trying to cook more at home, funny how I find myself getting away from a lot of the stuff you're suggesting.. Since I grew up on the stuff I have this stigma that it made me over weight (a while back). But after talking with my mom she stated "you didn't earn that tire till you won the father of the year award.".. My marriage made me fat? Nah.. The laziness that came with marriage did. We would eat out daily, party all weekend, and I learned to sleep more than 7 hours a night - 14 sometimes...and I wasn't eating the whole foods I grew up on.

Strange, but on the days i'm really depleted a Whopper from BK makes me happy and takes the soreness away..

BK whoppers..................

You know if they blot off the grease, skip all the secret sauce, maybe skip the cheese and go with tomato and onion and lotsa lettuce....
those aren't half bad on a day you decide to eat some carbs.
I like the Hardee low carb lettuce wrapped burger with onions and pickles and everything else. They just don't put on the condiments like mustard mayo and ketchup. Too messy without the bun to soak it up and thats good to skip anyway.
I own a small concrete construction business and when you're out pouring 18 yards of concrete and the day just won't end and you get that light headed "I got to eat or somebodys going to die feeling...."
you just can't beat a good burger and a 15 minute break.

cooking in bulk

So you gotta cook for the next three days eats and you're pressed for time, money and patience...

Get out your 6 qt stock pot with lid.
Put four cups of water on to boil and add 2 tpsp rosemary and thyme.
Add 6 lbs. frozen chicken straight out of the freezer.
No salt as they add up to a 10% solution at the processing plant.
Let it cook 30-45 minutes while you go take a hot shower...

Take out the chicken and set aside to cool.
Add 1 cup of long grain brown rice for each 2 cups of boiling chicken stock left in the pot and add 3 tblsps of coconut oil.
bring to a boil for 15 minutes and then lower to simmer and put on the lid for 45 minutes,or until the water is absorbed.

Add chicken portions to freezer bags and add the rice when its cooled for individual meals, or enough for you and your significant other.
Freeze flat, label and then stack into the freezer.

You can add chopped fresh herbs to an old fashioned ice tray and then fill with wine or stock to freeze. Now then, you have instant flavoring to add to your mix on a daily basis without the fuss.
Just be sure to label the bags!

Boring food makes you more likely to be down to the krispy kreme with a fistful of 20's screamin' at the lady to hurry up...so head it off and keep your meals interesting...as you take out each bag you can spice it slightly to change up from meal to meal without having to think much with the fresh Basil or Mint ice cube trick, or a curried chutney mix cut in half with water. Major Greys' is goooooood. Cooking on the grill you can flavor the meat or chicken that way too.

Don't give up and don't cheat yourself either....

10 LBS OF CHICKEN AND A DREAM.......

Ok so chicken isn't the stuff of dreams...not mine anyway.
But chicken is one of the staples of the bodybuilders diet.
I have recipes for roasting, baking, broiling or grilling.
But my mom always boils it.
Tender and juicy and lightly scented with herbs like rosemary and thyme.
Little lemon juice at the very last.
man...
So what to do with 10 pounds of chicken breasts for the upcoming week?

You start with a stock pot of water into which you place the thawed chicken breasts...just enough to cover.
As it comes up to the boil add:

An onion, three cloves of garlic,and two tablespoons of the rosemary, thyme, whatever you like or your mom suggests. Some people like dill, basil, or summer savory. Peeled Ginger root and lemongrass for an Asian flavor.

So get them all and rotate so you get some variety each time you make it.

The boil time for me is about 40-50 minutes, and I turn it down and cover so I can reduce the heat used to cook it all and it stays more tender too.

Another good change is to leave out all the above herbs and go with 2 tablespoons of Fish Sauce add them at the last of the boil and boil one minute more before turning down to a simmer for about ten minutes.
Don't sniff that fish sauce, just put it in there and put the lid back on.
Trust me.

Either way get a little Basmati rice, Royal is the best. Because it's grown at the foothills of the Himmalyas for the Indian Maharajas or kings, the variety is really nice.

WOW thanks for all the great recipes. Keep em' coming. Sassy is one lucky girl I cook all the time for my girl also so these are very much welcome:D :D :D :D :D Thanks again

THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN....

OK...it's official.
Sassy and Everlast are on a diet.
We are threatening to do a show in June. So I'll keep up with the progress as we tighten it up. Basically we are adding ten to twenty minutes of cardio to a 5 day/week lifting schedule. We eat 6 meals a day between 40-60 grams pro, 1-2 cup sides of fibrous veg and complex carb on a rotation basis. Pre and Post W/O shakes of whey isolates and LBA's. First time really cutting with the LBA's so I'm curious about how that will make a difference. They're great when getting muscle on!
I do less carb than Sassy, she needs potato and rice.
I do more of a Palumbo thing with more green veg and raw almond sides for the chunk o'protein. Little spoonful all natty P'butter in the shakes.
Eggs and oats at b'fast for both of us.
It's early to start but we will tighten it up gradually and God...we're old.
I hope to be the only 45 plus in my class.... so I have a chance to do well if there's a sudden death posedown.

This looks great, Sassy.
My older sister once made a breakfast casserole like that only she used hash brown potatoes, ground pork sausage, eggs, and cheese.

Yours looks alot less fattening.;)

tuna tuna tuna

1 can solid white albacore tuna
1 can kippered herring smoked (over hardwood is nice applewood is better)
gently flake the fish together after draining the water

In a bowl
2 teaspoons no fat mayo

add in options:
dried onions, any peppers, herbs, lime or lemon juice, pickle cubes, chopped garlic, etc.

GENTLY mix into the fish after blending the add ins together.

Good on toast or crackers

add no fat sour cream for a thicker spread.

keppered herring are small fish smoked over real fires.
Very manly and omegas to boot.
I like the way they give the harder textured tuna a bit of smokiness and the
add in are infinitely variable here.

Try an Indian Chutney mixed in the mayo....

Does it smell like tuna?

^ While you were cooking this one was Cricket right under your feet? Tyler would have come running as soon as he heard the can top pop. lol

BREAKFAST....OMELETTES....SCRAMBLES

So its' Sunday night, and I finished the weekly grill work this afternoon.
12 chicken breasts dusted with olive oil and paprika.
4 pork tenderloins with garlic and rosemary.
Low slow temps after the first initial sear...plenty of time between turnings.
lots of crusty bits...a little red wine in the springtime afternoon.

Dinnertime is past now, and Its time to get the jump on the upcoming weeks'
breakfasts.

Shaker bottles are great for eggs in a scramle.
just load the eggs and shake. I use 2 cups liquid egg whites and 4 Omega three eggs.
I started the pan on medium high with a shot of PAM and the little trimmings of the pork tenderloins. All very lean mind you, and add the eggs.
Stirring is critical to how they turn out. Wait until you get some solid to work with and then fold them over.
Add the 1 cup Fat free cheddar cheese if your allowed. A spoonful of cream if you can.
1-2 tablespoons fresh or 1/4 teaspoons of dry spices of your choice; one, two, or empty the rack...
(Paprika is nice in eggs, but so is Dill, or a little Chive. I even like a few mustard seeds)

I add fat free Bacon Bits once the eggs are finished, but usually skip the cream. Your call there.

I cooked another version too so we get variety.
this one has 2 cups chopped spinach in the pan until it wilts down.
add the eggs and use Mozzarella Fat free cheese and
a 1/2 cup of your favorite pasta sauce
2-3 shakes of Parsley, or Basil on top.

So Sassy has Breakfast and 3 different meals packed and ready for her tomorrow morning to take to work. Small container of whey Iso and chocolate LBA's and bottled water are kept there in her office fridge.

So Sassy has Breakfast and 3 different meals packed and ready for her tomorrow morning to take to work. Small container of whey Iso and chocolate LBA's and bottled water are kept there in her office fridge.

Only thing that would make this any better would be breakfast in bed... :D

im a huge fan of salmon (both the catching and eating)

i love to keep the skin on my filet and grill w/o flipping

made a honey mustard glaze that turned out real good: (i just basted on the fish while it grilled, also really good for chicken, kids prefered this over the mcd version)

Honey Mustard:

3 tsp honey
1 tsp dijon
1 tsp whole grain mustard
1 tsp horseradish

Salmon marinate #2:

tonite I skinned my filet, and trimmed the brown fat off, then i sliced them on a bias about 1/4" thick

tossed in a marinate of: soy, fish sauce, seasame oil, ginger, garlic for about 20 min

cooked some brown rice and added rice vinegar (like making sushi, only it didn't work but the taste was good)

i pan fried the fish in a dry non-stick pan til done

put the fish on a scoop of rice.. YUM.. even my kids loved it (3 and 8yo)

Last edited:
WOW...

Did you catch the Salmon yourself?
That recipe is sounding awesome to me!
Only having the memory of a perfect cast and the perfect catch on a perfect day would make it any better...

thanks for adding to the thread Sup!

Salmon

yeah, my family fishes quite a bit, dad has 3 chest freezers that we fill up every year with king salmon, coho, sockeye, halibut, and snapper, and venison.(king crab usually doesnt' make it to the freezer)

I have a ton of good salmon, and halibut recipes if people are interested.

another good salmon:

mix:
1/4c brown sugar
garlic powder
johnnys seasoning salt
black pepper

with

3 T lemon juice and enough melted butter to make a paste with the dry goods

baste on salmon as you grill

2nd good salmon:

marinate steaks for 20-45 min in:

soy
ginger
wasabi paste

then grill

Attachments

• king04.jpg
    king04.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 89
call of the north.........

Where are you, Alaska?
Thats' the biggest Salmon I think I've ever seen..
Which variety is your fav?

yeah, I live in Alaska :D I prefer either King salmon or Sockeye

that one im holding was only about 35# a fair sized one.. they get alot bigger tho:

here is a pic of my dad's fishin buddy with a nice one we caught a few years ago (for reference, he's about 6'2, 270):

Attachments

• doug king.jpg
    doug king.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 84
UPS................

Ok...you get the dry ice, see,
and you wrap up a gianormous fish....
you send it to me for recipe testing, see?

That way you get to catch them
and have all the fun;)
and I'll just help you get rid of the bodies:eek:

UPS

See.. i would do that.. but my cousins flew back to the Dakota's with 150# of salmon and halibut last summer.. and those gosh darn UPS people just couldn't keep their hands off it, and their shipment was 'lost'.

Bacon Wrapped Halibut:

soak some bamboo skewers so they won't burn
cut halibut into 4" squares and wrap with bacon
use 2 skewers and put 2-3 chunks of halibut per 2 skewers

grill until done

in a glass mixing bowl combine:
1T honey
3-4T balsamic vinegar
kosher salt
dried thyme
1 tsp Dijon
fresh ground black pepper
basil
enough EVOO to make a vinaigrette (typically 3-4 parts oil to vinegar)

whisk well to emulsify

drizzle over the bacon wrapped halibut

Attached is skewered shrimp.. but it illustrates the 2 skewer method

Attachments

• 126400700_c2b93e65a6.jpg
    126400700_c2b93e65a6.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
12 weeks out...........

DAAAAAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN................
tHAT IS KILLING ME!!!
Shrimp, Halibut and Salmon.....all wrapped in BACON!

I'd wrap Sassy in Bacon, but it's hard to roll once cooked...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity