over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

One Meal Per Day.

Some background. I'm 37 years old, lifting since high school, just a nobody who likes a workout. Competed a few times but did a hell of a lot better in raw powerlifting. At my best I was 225lbs at 5'6" squatting and pulling 6 plates and benching 4 plates. A typical cycle for me was 1200mg of test with some anadrol for three months.

The last six months or so I've just lost some interesting in the lifestyle. I'm a divorced dad of three boys, work full time, running a side hustle small business, and trying to balance a girlfriend.

I cut my workouts down to two or three full body workouts a week and I never really lost a lot of size or strength. At least not like I thought I would. I still use testosterone but shoot 1.5mLs of a T400 every other weekend.

The last month I've been eating one meal day. At supper I eat whatever the fuck I want. Before my two or three full body workouts I have 140g of whey protein (100g of protein).

I generally try to keep the meals down to $5 per meal. Being a divorced dad running a startup company I want to keep my expenses down. But I may end up eating a few McDs burgers and peanut butter to keep the cals up.

The past month I've went from 215lbs to 205lbs. Probably a lot of shit in my guts, water weight, etc but not a hell o a lot of muscle. In the morning when I wake up Im pretty tight in the midsection and I feel like a good portion of that weight was fat.

I have a lot more energy and feel a lot more mentally clear. I only get 4-6 hours of sleep a night working my second job but I'm not falling asleep at my day job and feel quiet alert.

I don't particularly feel any more hungry thought the day as I did prior on a regular old 6 meal a day calorie restricted diet.

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried this before.

Calories in vs calories out. There's your reason.

Some background. I'm 37 years old, lifting since high school, just a nobody who likes a workout. Competed a few times but did a hell of a lot better in raw powerlifting. At my best I was 225lbs at 5'6" squatting and pulling 6 plates and benching 4 plates. A typical cycle for me was 1200mg of test with some anadrol for three months.

The last six months or so I've just lost some interesting in the lifestyle. I'm a divorced dad of three boys, work full time, running a side hustle small business, and trying to balance a girlfriend.

I cut my workouts down to two or three full body workouts a week and I never really lost a lot of size or strength. At least not like I thought I would. I still use testosterone but shoot 1.5mLs of a T400 every other weekend.

The last month I've been eating one meal day. At supper I eat whatever the fuck I want. Before my two or three full body workouts I have 140g of whey protein (100g of protein).

I generally try to keep the meals down to $5 per meal. Being a divorced dad running a startup company I want to keep my expenses down. But I may end up eating a few McDs burgers and peanut butter to keep the cals up.

The past month I've went from 215lbs to 205lbs. Probably a lot of shit in my guts, water weight, etc but not a hell o a lot of muscle. In the morning when I wake up Im pretty tight in the midsection and I feel like a good portion of that weight was fat.

I have a lot more energy and feel a lot more mentally clear. I only get 4-6 hours of sleep a night working my second job but I'm not falling asleep at my day job and feel quiet alert.

I don't particularly feel any more hungry thought the day as I did prior on a regular old 6 meal a day calorie restricted diet.

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried this before.

I am of similar age, height, size...would just like to applaud you for keeping yourself active in the gym as you are going through a shit hits the fan experience. Perfection is not obtainable to the strong in heart, so in Life you have to let vanity take a backseat and keep it together. Good luck!

This doesn't sound quite as awful to me as it does to some of you... Look up intermittent fasting.

Swap in some healthier food choices and take smaller, more even test doses, and don't worry about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

are you TRYING to eat like that, or thats just the way your life is going and ur only hungry 1x a day? I know when I go thru shit and stressed, my appetite is about that 1-2 meals a day.. and nothing will make that happen faster then baby momma drama and kids involved...

are you TRYING to eat like that, or thats just the way your life is going and ur only hungry 1x a day? I know when I go thru shit and stressed, my appetite is about that 1-2 meals a day.. and nothing will make that happen faster then baby momma drama and kids involved...

I can attest to this x 10 :eek:

Your fine bro, I only eat 1 meal on some days, mostly it's 2 meals sometimes even 3 but I only eat when hungry now and being ketogenic I really never get hungry. Saturday I ate one huge meal, Sunday I ate two. I fast everyday for at least 16 hours (16-24). I'm not loosing any muscle in fact I'm now gaining some lean muscle mass as bodyfat is going down. I do try (not always able to) get in 150 grams of protein but some days I don't even get that, I do eat a shit load of fat though.

Your fine bro, I only eat 1 meal on some days, mostly it's 2 meals sometimes even 3 but I only eat when hungry now and being ketogenic I really never get hungry. Saturday I ate one huge meal, Sunday I ate two. I fast everyday for at least 16 hours (16-24). I'm not loosing any muscle in fact I'm now gaining some lean muscle mass as bodyfat is going down. I do try (not always able to) get in 150 grams of protein but some days I don't even get that, I do eat a shit load of fat though.

Are you taking any carbs post workout ?

In the past strength/physique was always top three on my priority list. At 37 now I have a few other priorities. Honestly a lot of my past time in the gym I see as a waste of time. Bigger biceps never really got me anything in life although I admit barbells taught me how to set goals and track progress.

Wow a big dude like you eating only one meal a day. Are you counting calories? How do you know you are getting enough food?

b-boy with due respect the way things happen and occur in your genetically gifted and wonderfully amazing body does not apply to 99 percent of us here !lol.

With all those years of hard pounding and religious food regime on a daily basis your body is primed to hold onto big muscle on little food & hormones now. Thats like your bodies homeostasis weight.
It "like to be there" without any effort. Its not going anywhere. If most people ate like that they will defo not be making progress or even feel better and look like shit too.

I know if i eat like that what I would look like.

I remember paulmbo said the same thing. he eats like that 2 meals a day sometimes three and he deliberately has to eat "less protein" otherwise he starts packing on muscle. He obviously still trains not heavy but like you he can get a lot of stimulation without going pacman on weights. he is keto too and have little carbs hwre and there. muscle memory and all that.

Another example British IFBB pro (now retired) Eddie Abbew competed at the O in 2007, still looks massive. Saw him 2 weeks ago. He is 52. He still trains and eats but his body just holds tissue at 52 like crazy. Pictures dont do him justice seriously. He still looks enormous. vascular as hell. He is not making no special effort to hold onto that kind of muscle mass at all. He blends chicken breasts and drink it lol a practice he been doing since his competing days. He got a little belly but nothing bad at all ,obviously he is not contest ready condition.

Shit just happens for some of you no matter what u do, train or eat.

Its like someone asking robby robinson , hey robbie what do you do for your biceps peak? can you show me what u eat and exes so I can have it too. Good luck with that lol

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Last edited:
:eek: Where I live the cheapest eggs are $3.50 for 6. The organic freerange are $5-6 for 6 eggs. Apples I just paid $3.50 for 6 apples and was very happy with that. The fancy apples were $7 for 6 apples. Frozen veggies about $5 for a 500g bag. I am eating cottage cheese twice daily now as they are only $1.50 each... bargain :D I just paid $10 for 250g pork. And you guys wonder why I take lots of supplements :D
Switzerland...where wallets go to die.

When I lose myself a bit and go completely off-diet for a few months (I'm only human), I typically also eat 1-2 times a day, but LARGE meals of whatever it is I want (complete shit). I gain bodyfat of course, but strangely it seems to stall fairly quickly. I may go from 10% to 15% in a month, but after that gain it just stops, even when I'm eating a lot of junk in large quantities twice a day. My weight stalls as well. It's a bit strange because I know that with my naturally not-so-fast metabolism and activity levels I am eating more than I should be burning. Only way I start gaining more is if I spread the calories out more evenly throughout the day.

No idea why, just putting it out there. I think we all react differently to the timing of food, call it genetics or whatnot.

This does not apply to me personally but for most guys if you want to start eating less and basically not have food rule your life like many guys who are eating 6+ meals per day. I would recommend something in the middle like 3 meals per day. Listen to your body and eat when hungry but 1 massive meal to me is not optimal. BBoy's plan is great but as Dev mentioned I imagine if most done that it wouldn't turn out as good for them. Years of building thick/dense muscle will make a big difference.

Even 2 meals daily would be better than 1 imo. IF is a great approach for health and longetivity. I would look at doing something like a 16 hour fast with 8 hours feeding time and approx 3 well balanced and nutritious meals in those 8 hours. I think for most that would be better for health and preserve muscle much better but really sharpen you up over time.

maybeeee.... shit 7-10 years ago.lol
i was starting "fresh" lol
rebuilding with some thought.
only eat after training basically.
played with various things.

i cant imagine eating all day again. kinda like nymuscle thread. anyway

if being easy i only eat after workout. usually twice, right after then dinner with fam.

the bad stuff before falling asleep. lol :love:

if i want to lean out or get bigger i clean up a little and add protien.

tiny amnts n they make a big difference!

chx breast 250g each so figure 25 g pro.

to lean out/fill up add one after morning walk.

one pro work out.

if i wana get real crazy i play a little with carbs pren n intra.

i have found lowering protien a bit gives you a bit of a rebound effect especially if you time it with upping trt dose or adding anabolic to trt. :lightbulb:

if i go 5-6 hrs without eating something inhave a headache and ready to punch a hole in someone.

I turn into a cranky dick when im hungry , it doesn't take much to hold me over though especially if I'm busy , an hand full of jerky or a power crunch bar with a little peanut butter (thats awesome by the way) and im good for several more hrs.

I've heard the first week of intermittent fasting is the hardest then your body gets use to it.

heard the first week of intermittent fasting is the hardest then your body gets use to it.

Truth. I tried IF a good while back. First week was miserable, especially training fasted, but body got used to it. Still not my preference/eating style for now.

Are you taking any carbs post workout ?
Hell no. Fuck carbs they are not a necessary macro, fat and protein is.

Wow a big dude like you eating only one meal a day. Are you counting calories? How do you know you are getting enough food?
I track my meals with my fitnesspal. Some days I eat 1800 calories some days I eat 3500 cals depends on my hunger, most days average about 2400.

b-boy with due respect the way things happen and occur in your genetically gifted and wonderfully amazing body does not apply to 99 percent of us here !lol.

With all those years of hard pounding and religious food regime on a daily basis your body is primed to hold onto big muscle on little food & hormones now. Thats like your bodies homeostasis weight.
It "like to be there" without any effort. Its not going anywhere. If most people ate like that they will defo not be making progress or even feel better and look like shit too.

I know if i eat like that what I would look like.

I remember paulmbo said the same thing. he eats like that 2 meals a day sometimes three and he deliberately has to eat "less protein" otherwise he starts packing on muscle. He obviously still trains not heavy but like you he can get a lot of stimulation without going pacman on weights. he is keto too and have little carbs hwre and there. muscle memory and all that.

Another example British IFBB pro (now retired) Eddie Abbew competed at the O in 2007, still looks massive. Saw him 2 weeks ago. He is 52. He still trains and eats but his body just holds tissue at 52 like crazy. Pictures dont do him justice seriously. He still looks enormous. vascular as hell. He is not making no special effort to hold onto that kind of muscle mass at all. He blends chicken breasts and drink it lol a practice he been doing since his competing days. He got a little belly but nothing bad at all ,obviously he is not contest ready condition.

Shit just happens for some of you no matter what u do, train or eat.

Its like someone asking robby robinson , hey robbie what do you do for your biceps peak? can you show me what u eat and exes so I can have it too. Good luck with that lol

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app
Bro everything up regulates when fat adapted. Shit I bet I have twice the blood amino acid content than you eating 300 grams of protein and eating six meals a day. I only eat 150 grams of protein a day and 1-3 meals, mostly 2.

Bro everything up regulates when fat adapted. Shit I bet I have twice the blood amino acid content than you eating 300 grams of protein and eating six meals a day. I only eat 150 grams of protein a day and 1-3 meals, mostly 2.

Exactly what Porter was just doing with his diet until recently.

Today I fasted for 19.5 hours.

Today I fasted for 19.5 hours.

Know what you mean bbb. I've been on keto for about 3 months. Amazing. Most days I IF. Just not hungry. I take a tablespoon of MCT and EVOO in the morning along with coffee and butter and I'm gtg until later in the day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131