advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

One Month Challenge and Accountability...

I haven't eaten any junk.

Going down now to volume the heck out of my back before eating. Then i'll be too sick to eat anything. lol. I'll drink something. :)

Way to go Myosin...

I am right there with you too. I am doing CKD right now and staying strong.

You got this brother!

Off the subject, aren't you a registered nurse? I myself am also a RN. Don't meet too many male, bodybuilding RNs!!

Good luck bro!

Myosin, my legs were so incredibly sore that I couldn't do the treadmill this am. So, instead I did a volume style back attack and kept my heart rate up for 40 minutes.

I did these exercises on an empty stomach. [Sent you pics to keep you entertained] lol.

Cable pullover
Seated Cable row
Wide grip pulldowns
T-bar rows

I started out with 20 reps per exercise- sort of a gay little warm up. Then I did progressively heavier sets down to 6 reps. I threw in some wrist curls at the end of all that just to make sure, of, well, I just did some wrist curls. :)

I'll so some shoulders tonight- no pressing just shrugs, lateral raises and ride the recombant bike for 45 minutes if I feel better.

My first meal is 50 grams of protein from chicken and some fishoil. [ CoEnzyme Q-10, multivitamin/mineral, taurine, citrical, etc.

I'll be having some sythepure and glutamine with some green beans later on. [Like when my hands start shaking! lol]

Great!

You got this brother!

Off the subject, aren't you a registered nurse? I myself am also a RN. Don't meet too many male, bodybuilding RNs!!

Good luck bro!

Thanks Em- I'm glad this will help you out too! Especially preparing for your show... excited for you!

Yes, I am an RN! 10 years. haha- yeah, we are a "minority" within the "minority"! haha!

Myosin, my legs were so incredibly sore that I couldn't do the treadmill this am. So, instead I did a volume style back attack and kept my heart rate up for 40 minutes.

I did these exercises on an empty stomach. [Sent you pics to keep you entertained] lol.

Cable pullover
Seated Cable row
Wide grip pulldowns
T-bar rows

I started out with 20 reps per exercise- sort of a gay little warm up. Then I did progressively heavier sets down to 6 reps. I threw in some wrist curls at the end of all that just to make sure, of, well, I just did some wrist curls. :)

I'll so some shoulders tonight- no pressing just shrugs, lateral raises and ride the recombant bike for 45 minutes if I feel better.

My first meal is 50 grams of protein from chicken and some fishoil. [ CoEnzyme Q-10, multivitamin/mineral, taurine, citrical, etc.

I'll be having some sythepure and glutamine with some green beans later on. [Like when my hands start shaking! lol]

JT- ur back looks awesome! Motivated! Wife and I had a great workout this morning... she was doing a couple less sets than myself the past couple weeks, but she would just sit around waiting and spotting me (forced negatives) until I finished all mine, so, we upped her game too and have her doing the same work! She loved it... "Aw man, my arms and chest are so pumped up!" hahaha Gotta love a woman who does declines!

Thanks!

You are a tough guy........a great guy............smart, focused........NO PROBLEM...........lets get it

I appreciate the encouragement Phil, it's nice to know you are "pulling for me".

You got this brother!

Good luck bro!

I'm about to start nursing school in the spring, almost done with my prereqs right now.

The Temptation Begins..

So, tomorrow is my birthday (no need for "Happy Birthday"... I've NEVER been interested in celebrating it- even as a kid <weird huh?>)- the reason I put that there is this:

I call my Parents today telling them our family will come out there to spend the night and to have my Birthday with them (they live about an hour away). I tell my Mom, "Mom, you know that since a kid I've NEVER cared to celebrate my Birthday, so listen, do me this favor, don't even buy a cake for OK? Just take me out to breakfast and that'll be all that I need." "OK", my Mom says.

We get to my parents, I open the fridge and what do I find? See attachment.

I can't blame her, although most peg me as an "oldest child" I'm actually the "surprise baby" of six.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 139
Good for you!

I'm about to start nursing school in the spring, almost done with my prereqs right now.

That's great to hear Doc! Good for you! Stay focused!

Made it past breakfast haha

Parents took me out to IHOP for breakfast... so many pancakes all around me...hmmmmm

My breakfast- Colorado Omelette with egg beaters and a fruit cup. :)

I cheated...

PSYCHE!

But my son sure loved it!

Attachments

• cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 301
  • joshuacake.jpg
    joshuacake.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 323
Hang in there, Myosin!

I admire your discipline. When it's my birthday my mom makes me german chocolate cake. :D

I admire your discipline. When it's my birthday my mom makes me german chocolate cake. :D

(In Homer Simpson gutteral drooling voice) Gerrrrrrrmmmaaaannn Choooooccccccoooollaaaaaaate Caaaaaaaaake hahahaha!

I actually brought the cake home with us and put it in the freezer for the end of the month!

I will say- thankfully my parents are very understanding and supportive... once I explained better they were fully behind me.

That's awesome doc!! My wife is a nurse, my 2 sisters are nurses and my mother is a nurse. My daughter is in her first year of a 4 year nursing program right now!

It's a very rewarding field. Sorry to hijack the thread.

Good luck Myosin. I think I am going to have to stop this CKD. It is no good for me. I am going to limit carbs and restrict calories. I don't know what else to do. After a week of the CKD, I got a bad sinus infection. I always get sick when I try this kind of low/no carb diet. I just don't respond well to it!

One week down!

Week 1- all good :)

3 more to go :)

Good work thus far.

I'm traveling this weekend (Friday-Monday) to a wedding and visiting some family in the area and will have to be on my game.

Plan!

Good work thus far.

I'm traveling this weekend (Friday-Monday) to a wedding and visiting some family in the area and will have to be on my game.

Stay on man- PLAN ahead! Eggland has already cooked and shelled hard-boiled eggs you can find in a lot of grocery stores... one bag has 50g/pro, you can check their website.

Walgreens bags of dried beef/chicken are good too (a bit high on sodium, but for a few days, you'll live :))

Stay on man- PLAN ahead! Eggland has already cooked and shelled hard-boiled eggs you can find in a lot of grocery stores... one bag has 50g/pro, you can check their website.

Walgreens bags of dried beef/chicken are good too (a bit high on sodium, but for a few days, you'll live :))

I'll be good no matter what in terms of getting the right macros 5-6x a day... it's more a question of how satisfied I'll be with my meals haha.

I've got my emergency dry tuna pouches and enough protein powder to live off of in case of zombie apocalypse. Fats/carbs are easy... veggies might be taking a hike on the travel days.

All Good-

Week 2- all good :)

2 more to go :D

Temptation- I LOVE ANYTHING cherry (pop, pop-tarts, ice-cream, cheesecake, etc, etc). Sitting at work one day my eye fell upon a cherry jolly rancher, "Hmmmmm, THAT would taste SOOOOOOO good right now, hmmmmmm" hahaha... but it wasn't all THAT hard to resist :D

Strength, pump, fullness are great.

Week 3

All good- pretty much little to no temptation.... this past Saturday one of the Doc's brought a huge box of crunchy cinnamon bagels with two excellent kinds of cream cheese... I can usually down two of those babies EASILY... was a bit tempted, but really not that bad.

So far, down 6 lbs, 236 down to 230 (+/- 2lbs depending on water intake). Strength and pump are good.

One more week and I get to have the birthday cake sitting in the freezer! hahaha

VICTORY

I made it... one month- not a single cheat meal or sweet! As I mentioned in the very first post, this may not be hard for some, and for others you've done this already for a contest so it's nothing new, but for me, IT WAS. I share this in case any other brothers are in the same position as me.

I made sure not to change any other parameters during this time (more cardio, more fat-burners, etc)... I kept everything the same except for the need to increase the weights in the gym or meal frequency d/t hunger.

Difficulty-
Honestly, not THAT bad... I think having a goal is what helped (and putting myself "out there" on this board). Actually, if you take two groups of people in a weightlifting/nutrition program and you tell group A "do your best" and group B "here are specific goals", group B will usually be the one to come out ahead/do better. The cravings/temptations were there a couple times. Particularly when I had a very bad situation come up a couple of times I really wanted to "raid the fridge" for comfort... but I confronted why I was seeking that food and was able to overcome.

Results-
I lost about 12 lbs... maybe an inch on the waist- I had to physically add a notch on my belt and it's still too loose. My strength remained the same (actually increased- I always try to go up at least one rep or of that sort for constant progression) and that persisted. I never felt "flat" but also not "pumped" either... just, "normal" usually... BUT, my pump in the gym was the same.

As I mentioned at the very beginning of this- I "had" to do this for several reasons, one psychological (if I ever compete AND to overcome a weakness) and physical- my insulin sensitivity SUCKS! I think this helped my insulin sensitivity A LOT.

It's interesting, even though I can now cheat today, it's not that big of a deal for me... I went to the store to buy some goodies and my mindset was just not that into it (I did buy some Oreo's though! :D) but it's really not a big deal for me. I hope to keep this up.

Future...
I may try one cheat day every two weeks at the most with a goal of maybe just once a month.

Thanks for your time and interest guys, it was a BIG help knowing I had guys here I would "let down" if I didn't make. Yes, letting myself down should be the biggest motivator, BUT, as much of a loner as I am, I do know the value and need of community in one's life.

Oh yeah! I get to have my birthday cake now too that's been sitting in the freezer! hahahaha

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws