YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

One Month Challenge and Accountability...

myosin

Kilo Klub Member
I know for some here this may not seem like much of a "challenge" but for me, it is. Let me preface... I love to eat (like most others) but, as I've mentioned before, since January I've really tried to "up my game" to get in shape. So far, I've improved ALOT... but, I also have ALOT more to go! Once a week, like many, I have a "cheat day" (not a "cheat meal" mind you... but a few meals in the day). However, to be as "real" as possible, I will admit that it sometimes spills into the next day... and I've had a few "extended cheat days" through this journey. I don't want to get into if it's OK or not to have a cheat meal/day per se, but I will say this, at my current bodyfat level and my goal to get very lean, I don't think it's "ok". Particularly for me b/c I am NO freak by ANY means... I've shared before that I would say I had Metabolic X syndrome, or at least on the edge of it.

If I perform a "self-caliper" (meaning my fingers, haha) I only have a few "mm's" on my legs, chest, tri's... but my biggest downfall is the good ol' fashioned spare tire. I can easily "pinch and inch"... maybe an inch and a half :D In the morning, in the right light hahaha, I can see my top two abs SOMEWHAT ok. So, at my BF level, I think I really need to be CLEAN for awhile to REALLY see some big changes.

So, all that to say my challenge and my asking for accountability from you guys.... No cheat days OR meals for ONE MONTH. Ideally, I will stay clean after that of course. At that time though, I may be able to have ONE cheat MEAL a week.

Yes, life is short, eat what you want, etc, etc, etc... I know that. But, I am always trying to grow... spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally... I'm "weak" mentally when it comes to eating clean for a long time.

Also, I'm THINKING of entering a show next year. PROBABLY WON'T (too hard and too much to explain here why)... but, I want to at least know that I could, that I at least have it "in me."

Sunday's will be hard. After church, my family and I usually order pizza, or chinese or indian food and just have a "lazy day" together on the couch eating and hanging out watching movies or the Disney Channel haha.

So, there it is. I will come back in one month on this thread end of July and let you guys know how I did. Phil's my trainer so he'll call me out if I try to BS anyone hahaha. This month will be hard, my birthday is in July too hahahaha... thankfully, I have a VERY VERY supportive, understanding and encouraging wife!

I know for some here this may not seem like much of a "challenge" but for me, it is. Let me preface... I love to eat (like most others) but, as I've mentioned before, since January I've really tried to "up my game" to get in shape. So far, I've improved ALOT... but, I also have ALOT more to go! Once a week, like many, I have a "cheat day" (not a "cheat meal" mind you... but a few meals in the day). However, to be as "real" as possible, I will admit that it sometimes spills into the next day... and I've had a few "extended cheat days" through this journey. I don't want to get into if it's OK or not to have a cheat meal/day per se, but I will say this, at my current bodyfat level and my goal to get very lean, I don't think it's "ok". Particularly for me b/c I am NO freak by ANY means... I've shared before that I would say I had Metabolic X syndrome, or at least on the edge of it.

If I perform a "self-caliper" (meaning my fingers, haha) I only have a few "mm's" on my legs, chest, tri's... but my biggest downfall is the good ol' fashioned spare tire. I can easily "pinch and inch"... maybe an inch and a half :D In the morning, in the right light hahaha, I can see my top two abs SOMEWHAT ok. So, at my BF level, I think I really need to be CLEAN for awhile to REALLY see some big changes.

So, all that to say my challenge and my asking for accountability from you guys.... No cheat days OR meals for ONE MONTH. Ideally, I will stay clean after that of course. At that time though, I may be able to have ONE cheat MEAL a week.

Yes, life is short, eat what you want, etc, etc, etc... I know that. But, I am always trying to grow... spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally... I'm "weak" mentally when it comes to eating clean for a long time.

Also, I'm THINKING of entering a show next year. PROBABLY WON'T (too hard and too much to explain here why)... but, I want to at least know that I could, that I at least have it "in me."

Sunday's will be hard. After church, my family and I usually order pizza, or chinese or indian food and just have a "lazy day" together on the couch eating and hanging out watching movies or the Disney Channel haha.

So, there it is. I will come back in one month on this thread end of July and let you guys know how I did. Phil's my trainer so he'll call me out if I try to BS anyone hahaha. This month will be hard, my birthday is in July too hahahaha... thankfully, I have a VERY VERY supportive, understanding and encouraging wife!

good luck bro.

now that i have posted here and you have enrolled me in your possibility, i fully expect you to honour your challenge and reward yourself with having gotten rid of that last bit of fat.

i'll be checking in to see how you are making out.

do it!

might force you to get more creative with your feeding and result in not needing those cheat weekends (oops I meant day!:))

go 4 it man !!!

I'm pulling 4 you, I know that you can do it ...;)

What helps me..

Is when I "cheat" its usually more of what I'm eating, more oatmeal, more steak,a couple more rice cakes etc! It really seems to help with the hunger! Now I don't do it everyday just once in a while when I'm super hungry! Also use your mind, think about how your going to feel after you eat that cheatmeal, yeah it will taste good for what, 5 mins? Then what? Your left with a bloated stomach, you feel like shit, tired, and guilty as all hell, and all that hard work you put in, well, you just took a couple steps back! Its not worth it! IMO Food is overrated! Stay strong! Keep thinking of your end result! Hope that helps a little! Good luck!

Thanks guys...

Thanks guys, the encouragement means a lot. I take people's positive comments and well thought criticisms very much to heart.

BFAU: thanks, that's a good way to look at it... a "reward" (I'll need more than a month for that fully, BUT, it'll be a GREAT start!)

Az: Yes, I get what you are saying... we need to think past our actions to the consequences that come from it. Too often we can't, or refuse, to see past our nose. Good idea with a little extra of the healthy meal if need be... I don't a few extra TBSP's of LBA will hurt

Nick, Psy, thanks, appreciate it!

Are you gonna post what you eat daily in this thread, Myosin?

I'll do it with you if you are looking for someone to join you in your quest for the remaining 4 abs! lol. I will be eating on Saturday or Sunday though.

This is the type of stuff that fires me up. :D

I hesitate to encourage you to achieve my level of sexiness though...it can be life changing.

Last edited:
Not sure...

I'll do it with you if you are looking for someone to join you in your quest for the remaining 4 abs! lol. I will be eating on Saturday or Sunday though.

This is the type of stuff that fires me up. :D

I hesitate to encourage you to achieve my level of sexiness though...it can be life changing.

Well, first, we must deal with reality JT, so, I will be content only being able to achieve your sexiness in my dreams... but I will make it a go! :)

I don't think I'll post in this thread. I think a thread just on my diet would be pretty boring :) LBA, coconut oil... GFB, pineapple... eggs, kefir, pineapple.... ZZZZZZZZ! ahahahha! It doesn't garnish the same kind of great fun Lynx's journey would!

I think I will just come back at the end of July (hopefully not sooner if I screw up) and share how faithful I was. I don't have anything to prove here, so if I drop the ball, I WILL ADMIT IT!

Sounds good, I'll take your partnership in this! Thanks!

Well

Well, first, we must deal with reality JT, so, I will be content only being able to achieve your sexiness in my dreams... but I will make it a go! :)

I don't think I'll post in this thread. I think a thread just on my diet would be pretty boring :) LBA, coconut oil... GFB, pineapple... eggs, kefir, pineapple.... ZZZZZZZZ! ahahahha! It doesn't garnish the same kind of great fun Lynx's journey would!

I think I will just come back at the end of July (hopefully not sooner if I screw up) and share how faithful I was. I don't have anything to prove here, so if I drop the ball, I WILL ADMIT IT!

Sounds good, I'll take your partnership in this! Thanks!

You are a tough guy........a great guy............smart, focused........NO PROBLEM...........lets get it

Okay then!

I'll go ahead and stop hogging down and get in this with you. I may have to start a boring thread of what I am eating though.

I like this idea and I know you have nothing to prove. Just fun stuff. I liked you and thought maybe if you knew there is one other dipstick out there watching the food intake along with you that it might help.

So, out of sheer peer gregariousness- I am in!

Good deal!

I'll go ahead and stop hogging down and get in this with you. I may have to start a boring thread of what I am eating though.

I like this idea and I know you have nothing to prove. Just fun stuff. I liked you and thought maybe if you knew there is one other dipstick out there watching the food intake along with you that it might help.

So, out of sheer peer gregariousness- I am in!

OK big-man, sounds good! And yes, it does help actually, as much of a "loner" as I am it's always helpful to "partner" with someone... if you let yourself down, you also let the other person down... it's like in the Army- making the platoon do calisthenics b/c of the screw-up of someone else.

August 1st... :)

Myosin,

that's a real test of will power right there. but i'll tell you from experience (me and a couple of other guys)... that's not the best thing to do if you want to look good.
worst i've ever looked is when i spent 3 weeks without eating a single cheat meal. felt and looked like crap...
the best i've ever looked, and the leanest i ever got was having 2.5 cheat days (yes days) per week.
if your maintenance calories per day are (for example) 2500 cals.... and you diet with 2300 cals to lose fat... then yes, having a cheat day here and there would hurt you some what.... BUT, remember, your body doesn't work on a "daily" system... those 2.5 cheat days per week got me lean and full because on my diet days i was eating 1000-1500 cals.... you get what i'm saying? :)

if you want to do this as a test of will power... go for it...
but as something to look good? you won't like it. you will get leaner, but you'll be flatter and "smaller"

just my advice

lol. Which is exactly why I am gonna keep at least one "day"..

Myosin,

that's a real test of will power right there. but i'll tell you from experience (me and a couple of other guys)... that's not the best thing to do if you want to look good.
worst i've ever looked is when i spent 3 weeks without eating a single cheat meal. felt and looked like crap...
the best i've ever looked, and the leanest i ever got was having 2.5 cheat days (yes days) per week.
if your maintenance calories per day are (for example) 2500 cals.... and you diet with 2300 cals to lose fat... then yes, having a cheat day here and there would hurt you some what.... BUT, remember, your body doesn't work on a "daily" system... those 2.5 cheat days per week got me lean and full because on my diet days i was eating 1000-1500 cals.... you get what i'm saying? :)

but as something to look good? you won't like it. you will get leaner, but you'll be flatter and "smaller"

just my advice

Of eating whatever the heck I want in there. That's been my experience too, Buselmo. I suppose I could just double up on the oatmeal and blueberries and achieve the same effect, but that doesn't sound like much fun! :D

I hear you...

Myosin,

just my advice

Oh, yes... I hear you B, really, i appreciate that and agree, thanks... when I would do my "near-zero carb" kind of diets, etc that is the effect I would have.

Now though, Phil has me on more carbs and from fruits (I know, I remember your fruit thread hahaha)... so by the end of the week I never really have a "flat" feeling.

Don't get me wrong though- I think there is a lot of merit to "cheat meals" and how it can help neuropeptide Y and leptin levels and with cravings. At this point of my "development" though, while I want to do this to help me get leaner, it's also largely more for "me." For my mental challenge (although, some might already call me mentally challenged ahahaha!). When I get cravings now, it's not b/c of low blood sugar, but simply wanting to seek "comfort" from an external source. I want to address those things.

Along with that, I was never good at having a "reasonable" cheat meal... as I mentioned, it was typically an all day thing... and sometimes stretching to two days. So, when this is over, that is a goal (and I do think beneficial physically too) is to be able to have a REASONABLE cheat MEAL.

Lastly, I have TERRIBLE insulin sensitivity (I have significant abdominal fat, which is highly correlated with insulin insensitivity)... I've had it for a LONG time... so I think this extended time will really help with that.

Thanks for input, B... appreciate it!

Last edited:
Of eating whatever the heck I want in there. That's been my experience too, Buselmo. I suppose I could just double up on the oatmeal and blueberries and achieve the same effect, but that doesn't sound like much fun! :D

hmmmmm.... more oats and olive oil.... orrrr... nutella filled cinammon crepes???:confused: ...:eek:...:D
NOM NOM NOM

Oh, yes... I hear you B, really, i appreciate that and agree, thanks... when I would do my "near-zero carb" kind of diets, etc that is the effect I would have.

Now though, Phil has me on more carbs and from fruits (I know, I remember your fruit thread hahaha)... so by the end of the week I never really have a "flat" feeling.

Don't get me wrong though- I think there is a lot of merit to "cheat meals" and how it can help neuropeptide Y and leptin levels and with cravings. At this point of my "development" though, while I want to do this to help me get leaner, it's also largely more for "me." For my mental challenge (although, some might already call me mentally challenged ahahaha!). When I get cravings now, it's not b/c of low blood sugar, but simply wanting to seek "comfort" from an external source. I want to address those things.

Along with that, I was never good at having a "reasonable" cheat meal... as I mentioned, it was typically an all day thing... and sometimes stretching to two days. So, when this is over, that is a goal (and I do think beneficial physically too) is to be able to have a REASONABLE cheat MEAL.

Lastly, I have TERRIBLE insulin sensitivity (I have significant abdominal fat, which is highly correlated with insulin sensitivity)... I've had it for a LONG time... so I think this extended time will really help with that.

Thanks for input, B... appreciate it!

I totally understand, myosin. and i think this is a great thing to help strengthen your willpower in all aspects of life. and remember, what works for me or you doesn't work for everyone.. you might look fucking awesome doing what you're planning to do. really bro, good for you! :D ...
I remember the first couple of weeks i hired phil back in 2007. we didn't have much time and i was fasting for ramadhan for 4 weeks, and had 4 weeks after that for a contest... that was all the time phil had to prep me for my contest... spend 2 weeks with one cheat day per week, then no cheat meals at all on a balanced diet. progress was there, but really didn't notice a difference between having a cheat meal/day and not having one in the end. And in my country where women can't drive (fucking retarded bullshit), i wouldn't want to let my wife suffer with me when i'm doing that shit since i have to drive her where ever she wants to go.... so, a cheat day or two for me is good enough for my bodybuilding goals and having fun with the wife (food is mostly the only fun thing we do around here... if you don't want to break the law ;)) ....
maybe if you get leaner you won't have to do that anymore....

good luck bro, and keep us updated... preferably with pics so we could all get fired up and try it with you :D

Myosin,

just my advice

Gotta love are cheat meal(s):)

myosin good for you for putting yourself out there and getting a little pressure on your back to follow through.

Count me in joining you... I blew it two weekends in a row and really need to get back to the strictness I had while dieting down(moved to lean mass phase).

Great!

myosin good for you for putting yourself out there and getting a little pressure on your back to follow through.

Count me in joining you... I blew it two weekends in a row and really need to get back to the strictness I had while dieting down(moved to lean mass phase).

Sounds good! This helps me too!

There is literally a plate of cookies in my house from a party... I'll be having ground turkey w/calorie free BBQ sauce and some added fats lol

Keep it up...

There is literally a plate of cookies in my house from a party... I'll be having ground turkey w/calorie free BBQ sauce and some added fats lol

Good on you Scott! The challenge for me will be the weekend.

My birthday is in a couple of days... I don't want to look for a "loophole" to eat cake that day... not sure what I'll do yet... probably won't eat any

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear