over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

One Week DNP Mini Diet

That statement sounds oxymoron. One important thing you forgot to mention is the cardiovascular conditioning benefits you will get out of the cardio. The number 1 cause of the death in the world is cardiovascular disease. The benefits alone you would get for your heart and health should be good enough for you to drop the DNP and to do that cardio.

I was referring to the fact, that day if you have a low-activity desk job, you can be creating quite the deficit say while at work

And I never said it was a replacement for diet cardio. It’s just another tool in the tool box, and a very effective one.

I don’t think most should rely on dnp for fatloss.

The argument that you could cut without dnp is kinda like you could grow muscle without tren, superdrol, high test.

Well yes you could. But if your trying to break down a wall, a wrecking ball is much more effective than a 8lb sledge hammer

I am in no way saying dnp should be a staple, just like tren ace shouldn’t be a staple

I wish Shelby was still posting. I’d really love to hear his general thoughts on DNP.

DNP is total shit, none of the serious bodybuilders I know use it. I tried it myself and I have such an opinion about it that it is not suitable for a bodybuilder. Bodybuilding is muscle big muscle, how are you supposed to hold it and train it intensely when you feel like total crap. You sit down on a bench and for 10 minutes you wonder how to get up from it. This is a measure only for lazy people who cannot stop eating garbage and become greasy like pigs in a moment because they cannot hold down the diet regime for even one week.

You don't need a lot of volume to maintain muscle mass as long as your intensity is decent (like 2-3 sets of 5 reps with 80-85% 1RM every 3-4 days). Personally, I wouldn't focus on gaining muscle when using DNP, I would focus on fat loss and maintaining muscle mass. And the fat loss is even greater if you maintain a high protein intake, eat fruits and vegetables, and limit everything else during the cut (fats and carbs). Sure you can still lose fat with a crappy diet but I'd rather get the fat loss over with rather than run DNP for a long time.

That statement sounds oxymoron. One important thing you forgot to mention is the cardiovascular conditioning benefits you will get out of the cardio. The number 1 cause of the death in the world is cardiovascular disease. The benefits alone you would get for your heart and health should be good enough for you to drop the DNP and to do that cardio.

I hear you about cardiovascular benefits but if you want to achieve the same amount of energy expenditure (50-70% above your metabolic rate, which could be 1500+ calories) then you'll be doing unsustainable levels of cardio (at least from a muscle sparing perspective).

You don't need a lot of volume to maintain muscle mass as long as your intensity is decent (like 2-3 sets of 5 reps with 80-85% 1RM every 3-4 days). Personally, I wouldn't focus on gaining muscle when using DNP, I would focus on fat loss and maintaining muscle mass. And the fat loss is even greater if you maintain a high protein intake, eat fruits and vegetables, and limit everything else during the cut (fats and carbs). Sure you can still lose fat with a crappy diet but I'd rather get the fat loss over with rather than run DNP for a long time.

I hear you about cardiovascular benefits but if you want to achieve the same amount of energy expenditure (50-70% above your metabolic rate, which could be 1500+ calories) then you'll be doing unsustainable levels of cardio (at least from a muscle sparing perspective).

In your experience, what'd be the optimal training routine for a bodybuilder on DNP? How would you train during your DNP run when energy is low, but you still want to make the best out of training?

No one should stop dieting or cardio for using DNP, just like no one should stop lifting weights for be ON, trt, or whatever.

But sometimes too much cardio can be counterproductive to recovery and there is too much wear and tear on the entire body, in addition to the time it takes. We, in general, do not have a problem of lack of exercise, rather, it is an excess of.

If someone thinks that some pill or drug serves to rid them of exercise or diet, his mentality is wrong, it will not serve to correct their flaws of a lazy lifestyle.

Exactly.

No one is stating to choose between dnp and cardio... that would be ridiculous. Everyone should be doing some form of cardio for optimal health. DNP in simple terms is the best fat burner available. Nothing is more effective so it can be used to great effect. That doesn't mean someone should be using it and not dieting or doing cardio. Both you and Juggy are spot on. Many also say they can't train on it but they are always taking too much. Now "too much" for everyone is a different dose but most of the guys who say they feel like shit and can't train are often using far too much.

It's very true some people use dnp as a crutch and because they are lazy. It's very effective no matter what but obviously eating shit and not doing cardio and being lazy and using 500mg dnp to stop you getting fat is very unhealthy. Just the same as the guys (very common) who stay on tren or high drugs all year so they look a certain way even though they aren't eating well. The amount of guys on tren all year to stay jacked/lean is massive and that's just as stupid/unhealthy as using dnp all year not to get fat.

In your experience, what'd be the optimal training routine for a bodybuilder on DNP? How would you train during your DNP run when energy is low, but you still want to make the best out of training?
2 or maximum 3 workouts per week, low volume, full body, short and somewhat intense but without risking inury due to form break (strict form 8-12 reps).

2 or maximum 3 workouts per week, low volume, full body, short and somewhat intense but without risking inury due to form break (strict form 8-12 reps).
I agree with this. I would go for lower reps and higher intensity such as 2-3 sets at 4 - 6 reps with 80-85%, focusing on big movements like squats, deadlift, bench, etc.

You really don't have to do much to maintain, and you won't have a lot of energy to focus on individual body parts.

I don't see why to change the training, if it's just a week of mini cut you shouldn't be like shit.

I honestly don't know what the mini-diet one week should do. It is too short a period for the body to realize that it is in a deficit and will not even start to draw energy from the spare fat even in a large deficit. The only rational reason that comes to mind is when you still have a low% bf but you are just tired of excess kcal and have problems with digestion and appetite otherwise it is complete nonsense. If you're just too fat, one week won't change anything.

I don't see why to change the training, if it's just a week of mini cut you shouldn't be like shit.
my answer wasnt meant for a 1 week cut, which is useless imo. (maybe helps reset insulin sensitivity a bit but whatever)
in the past, i did between 3 and 4 weeks DNP runs which i would call "Mini cut"...

I honestly don't know what the mini-diet one week should do. It is too short a period for the body to realize that it is in a deficit and will not even start to draw energy from the spare fat even in a large deficit. The only rational reason that comes to mind is when you still have a low% bf but you are just tired of excess kcal and have problems with digestion and appetite otherwise it is complete nonsense. If you're just too fat, one week won't change anything.
How short of a diet would be good in your opinion if insulin sensitivity was the main goal and fat loss secondary goal?

How short of a diet would be good in your opinion if insulin sensitivity was the main goal and fat loss secondary goal?
if you have too much fat, your insulin sensityvty will not improve significantly until you get rid of that excess fat.
Generally, if someone has over 12% bf, I do not recommend minicuts, but normal cutting. if you have 11-12% you go down to about 7% and start the process all over again.
The truth is that 95% of serious bodybuilders never exceed 10% and are even closer to 8% most of the year. They only look more because of water retention

my answer wasnt meant for a 1 week cut, which is useless imo. (maybe helps reset insulin sensitivity a bit but whatever)
in the past, i did between 3 and 4 weeks DNP runs which i would call "Mini cut"...

Ok, anyway, I see no need to change a routine because you are using DNP, in the end, if you are in a cutting process, you will have less energy and you will be more tired.

What I mean is that your lifting routine should be according to your goals, diet and all that. DNP should not be a factor for leads to major changes in your training. Oh yeah, maybe one day you don't want to do the same number of sets, or want to skip the harder exercise, but these are rare and isolated events.

for a regular diet with a low deficit this is true. When your deficit (due to DNP) is big and your stress level is enorm, you dont want to overdo it in the gym. Maintain your muscles with short and intense workouts and dont overdo it.
Stress is a factor that many do completely underestimate.
And the stress on your body is high when on DNP.

and lets be honest. Most do an amount x of sets because they want to do their 3 prefered excersises a 3-4 sets or whatever. Not because it is the optimum for ones goals.. (i am talking about the lifestyle bodybuilders here, not hardcore guys like luki etc..)

Obviously mini cuts can be extremely effective for a variety of reasons (mental break, digestion, harden up etc). However I have never understood the mindset of guys who are over 12% and they diet for 2 weeks max. Well I do understand as they simply don't like dieting and they don't have big goals and are happy finishing a bit leaner and aren't bothered about getting to 5-7% which is fine. I just think and it's common sense you need to give the process more time. It can still be done fast but I am thinking more 4-8 weeks unless someone has loads of fat to lose.

Many also use large amounts of dnp for 1 week and lose loads of weight but it's not healthy nor is it the best approach for long term results (those guys often yoyo). People should be dieting for much longer and dnp could be used in the final 2-4 weeks of that cut at approx 250mg per day. My fav approach for people would be to diet down by gradually reducing calories over time and near to the end you add in dnp and keep cals the same and finish that way (maybe adjusting slightly).

I agree that you should keep stress low and dnp only adds to that but there is no need to change training for most people. Now it's completely different if someone is hitting it hard 6 days per week and doing lot's of cardio on top of that. Although I wouldn't even have someone on dnp on that regime. For the most part you should still train hard and you can still do high frequency but again dnp dose is a massive factor with this. No shit you are struggling to train hard on 500mg+ dnp, daily cardio and 2000 cals per day. Common sense needs to be used and everything needs to be balanced. Most people struggle with training without dnp when cals are limited and cardio is likely increased. Now failure sets and intense cardio 100% need to be closely monitored and limited when someone is dieting hard (especially on dnp) but don't think you should train like a pussy 3 days per week just because you are on dnp.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws