over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

One year with Shelby

jrock00123

Registered
I've been working with Shelby Starnes for about a year. Over this period we've made some real nice progress. So the purpose of this post if two-fold. First, I want to publicly thank Shelby for his help and show everyone here the results we've achieved. Second, I will outline my plan going forward.

Keep in mind, I was not in my best shape by any means when we started and my genetics do not lend themselves to this hobby (huge understatement). With that said, I'm very proud of what we've accomplished and would highly recommend Shelby to anyone looking for world class coach.

Attached are a couple of before and after photos. The after is actually from the beginning of the year. We've moved back into a gaining phase since then and I wanted to show the leanest photos to date.

My plan going forward:
I will be finishing up with Shelby at the end of March. I actually signed up for an initial month to see how thing would progress and then re-signed for a full year. I will continue to follow his guidance to a T until then and hopefully get some long-term strategic advice before we wrap up.

As far as AAS goes, I do not respond well. Without AAS I have zero issue either gaining or losing "weight". Like everyone else I put on 5 or 6 initial pounds of from glycogen uptake within the first week or so. However, I do not get the same nutrient partitioning effects that most guys do. Even with AAS I still manage to put on a decent amount of fat along with muscle -- very close to what I'd achieve on TRT. I know some you just don't understand and will think I'm doing it wrong -- that's fine I not trying to explain myself to anyone. Also, as stated, I'm being advised by a top coach.

On the other hand, I did my first run of hGH last fall and it was a game changer. We did this while cutting and using only 300mg of gear. I was also using a small dose of IGF-1-LR3 and MK-677. The results were amazing. So, going forward this is my plan:

Go back to TRT (140mg) indefinitely. I'm actually going to get rid of all AAS other than test just to make sure I'm not tempted. I'm going to use 2iu of hGH and 12.5mg MK-677 as my long-term base. My "cycles" will consist of bringing the hGH up to 3.3iu, adding 65mg IGF-1-LR3 pre-workout, and boosting the MK-677 to 25mg. That's it. Outstanding nutrition and kick ass training will do the rest.

I'm looking forward to a long-term healthier approach. I've accepted that I will never gain any appreciable size. I'm ok with a solid, athletic look and will maintain my overall leanness most of the year.

Attachments

• 2017-01-07 front.jpg
    2017-01-07 front.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 531
  • 2017-01-07 back.jpg
    2017-01-07 back.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 405
  • 2016-02-27 front.jpg
    2016-02-27 front.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 487
  • 2016-02-27 back.jpg
    2016-02-27 back.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 392
That's a good look for you. Congrats! Shelby is on the short list of coaches I would consider.

You look great and made good progress. I am sure you are also very healthy on the dosages you take. Shelby is definitely g2g. :headbang:

Do you mind ballparking your age?

You look great brother congratulations to you, do you have any shots at rest? As in not flexing?

Shelby does great work!

What HGH are you running please?
You do look lean and healthy, congrats!

Nice work man. Shelby is top notch

12 solid pounds....nice...

what kind of training were you doing "before"...
and diet and yada yada..???

and what/how have things changed from then til now...???

:cool:

Last edited:
12 solid pounds....nice...

what kind of training were you doing "before"...

and diet and yada yada..???

and what/how have things changed from then til now...???

:cool:

I was doing Fortitude for good part of the year. Since Thanksgiving I switched it up with a 5-day split and high volume. Very different styles, but both are effective. I need to be a little careful with HIT routines though.

Nutrition before was also carefully weighed and measured, but too many changes and too often. If anything Shelby taught me the benefit of slow and steady dietary changes -- and only when needed.

i'm a fan of shelby's, he seems to be a real good guy. i'm happy you found your niche in what works for you and hope it continues to improve your life.

That's great man... Keep up the good work!!!

Excellent progress brother... week in and week out you stayed the course and were rewarded with some very impressive results.

Shelby please post more! We miss your insight and council regarding this sport and lifestyle.

hard work and a good plan yields results

well done both

I like Shelby's work ethic and pay close attention to the work he does. I enjoy his really brief Q and A sessions on Facebook.

I've been working with Shelby Starnes for about a year. Over this period we've made some real nice progress. So the purpose of this post if two-fold. First, I want to publicly thank Shelby for his help and show everyone here the results we've achieved. Second, I will outline my plan going forward.

Keep in mind, I was not in my best shape by any means when we started and my genetics do not lend themselves to this hobby (huge understatement). With that said, I'm very proud of what we've accomplished and would highly recommend Shelby to anyone looking for world class coach.

Attached are a couple of before and after photos. The after is actually from the beginning of the year. We've moved back into a gaining phase since then and I wanted to show the leanest photos to date.

My plan going forward:
I will be finishing up with Shelby at the end of March. I actually signed up for an initial month to see how thing would progress and then re-signed for a full year. I will continue to follow his guidance to a T until then and hopefully get some long-term strategic advice before we wrap up.

As far as AAS goes, I do not respond well. Without AAS I have zero issue either gaining or losing "weight". Like everyone else I put on 5 or 6 initial pounds of from glycogen uptake within the first week or so. However, I do not get the same nutrient partitioning effects that most guys do. Even with AAS I still manage to put on a decent amount of fat along with muscle -- very close to what I'd achieve on TRT. I know some you just don't understand and will think I'm doing it wrong -- that's fine I not trying to explain myself to anyone. Also, as stated, I'm being advised by a top coach.

On the other hand, I did my first run of hGH last fall and it was a game changer. We did this while cutting and using only 300mg of gear. I was also using a small dose of IGF-1-LR3 and MK-677. The results were amazing. So, going forward this is my plan:

Go back to TRT (140mg) indefinitely. I'm actually going to get rid of all AAS other than test just to make sure I'm not tempted. I'm going to use 2iu of hGH and 12.5mg MK-677 as my long-term base. My "cycles" will consist of bringing the hGH up to 3.3iu, adding 65mg IGF-1-LR3 pre-workout, and boosting the MK-677 to 25mg. That's it. Outstanding nutrition and kick ass training will do the rest.

I'm looking forward to a long-term healthier approach. I've accepted that I will never gain any appreciable size. I'm ok with a solid, athletic look and will maintain my overall leanness most of the year.

You look great! Good job! Shelby is as good as it gets. His approach to diet, training, and health are top notch. I've been dieting similar to a diet he posted here and my injuries are healing and I feel much healthier. I'm pretty close to HRT levels these days too. That's the way to go when you get older like me. Lower carbs and higher good fats feels so much better health wise.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear