advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Online personal trainers and your experience?

Honest question for the guys who've hired trainers: Why did you hire one?

I've been very tempted to hire Shelby lately and might do that for this coming offseason.

I've held back so long because I always thought it was very important to KNOW YOUR OWN BODY FIRST. Assuming that most of the coaches use a similar guideline with each client, wouldn't it be better to really figure out what works for you rather than hire someone? ESPECIALLY since most of these trainers are never going to be with you or in front of you.

I almost enjoy tinkering with my diet and finding out what adjustments work and what doesn't.

Just looking for some perspective here.

I hired one because I have a tendency to over-think things leading me to make more changes than needed and spend money on unneeded things. I found it better for me to take direction and ask questions. It frees up time and money for me.

A good coach is going to figure out your body and do what works best. It really doesn't matter what kind of diets others have been put on, as there's no reason to believe that it would work for you.

I think this is why i haven't been successful. I've always followed the higher fat approach and I'm thinking maybe lower fat higher carb would be better. Thankfully Blair Mone now works out of my gym so I can do a diet with him and check in in person.

i am also thinking about hiring some one online like jm or starks but who would you'd say be the best when comes to getting you healthy? i'm 35 now and the priorities are changing and the up most importance to me is being healthy now. getting married in september and planning on trying to have kids this time next year and i have hammered my body over the years with gear and partying and it scares me to think of what damage i might have done. my cholesterol has been running little high last couple doctor visits and already on bp meds so wanting to hire someone who is good at fixing these kind of things

Honest question for the guys who've hired trainers: Why did you hire one?

I've been very tempted to hire Shelby lately and might do that for this coming offseason.

I've held back so long because I always thought it was very important to KNOW YOUR OWN BODY FIRST. Assuming that most of the coaches use a similar guideline with each client, wouldn't it be better to really figure out what works for you rather than hire someone? ESPECIALLY since most of these trainers are never going to be with you or in front of you.

I almost enjoy tinkering with my diet and finding out what adjustments work and what doesn't.

Just looking for some perspective here.
well I am 23 and I have used a coach since I was 18...I feel my progress would not be where it is today had I tried to do it on my own....that being said I am with shelby now and I would reccomend him to anyone...I will be working with him year round from now on

Coaches can be very handy when you want to minimize STRESS.

Coaches should be reviewed, interviewed and researched thoroughly before sought out.

When you find the right fit -- it can do wonders for your mind and body.

-FF

I have been working with Shelby for 6months now... 3 months offseason and 3months contest prep. I wish I would have started sooner. As long as you do exactly as he says, you will see great changes!

Guys these are the Sponsor Trainers of PM.

apex contest prep
Phil Hernon
Mainevent
prepbyalex
skip
mountaindog1
Shelby Starnes

All other non sponsor trainer/coach will be deleted.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131