over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Only 1 competitor in the St. Louis Pro Masters

Imagine doing a full contest prep for 12 weeks and finding out you have no one else competing against you

A quite usual scenario.

This is great information. If I earn my pro card as a masters I can still compete at all open pro shows? Is this correct?

Yes bro, what happens is that usually masters competitors do not want to get the last places, and do not do many competitions with open division. Also, for many masters, winning the pro card is the ultimate goal.

This is the most important show master:

2018 IFBB Pittsburgh Pro Masters Championships | NPC News Online

A quite usual scenario.

Yes bro, what happens is that usually masters competitors do not want to get the last places, and do not do many competitions with open division. Also, for many masters, winning the pro card is the ultimate goal.

This is the most important show master:

2018 IFBB Pittsburgh Pro Masters Championships | NPC News Online

One final question. What shows can qualify you to get your pro card as a masters. I am thinking only the NPC Masters Championship. Is that the only national show you can qualify at to get your masters pro card?

One final question. What shows can qualify you to get your pro card as a masters. I am thinking only the NPC Masters Championship. Is that the only national show you can qualify at to get your masters pro card?

I do not know exactly, but I'm sure that in the last few years there are many more shows to win your pro card as a master.

Wow, is that basically what the entry fee is? Sounds like they get back what they paid to enter it.

there are no entry fees for ifbb pros
only one show has

[/url]

this is total bullshit and a completely false statement

I dont know where you get your opinions from, but its just that- opinion...oh and again, its wrong

I do not know exactly, but I'm sure that in the last few years there are many more shows to win your pro card as a master.

Thanks for the help bro. I will do the research. I checked all the results for the2018 national shows and saw no results for masters other than the NPC Masters championships. Thanks again for the help.

There's no Masters Pro Cards and Open Pro Cards..... Theres only 1 Pro Card.... Masters athletes can compete in Opens …. there's hardly ANY money is Masters shows....only Opens.... Masters shows that do offer a cash purse are VERY small....Lets take Pittsburgh Masters for example (this one costs $225 per entry I believe) 1st Pl is $1000...… I spend more in airfare, hotel and tanning than if I friggin WON... THAT shit is absurd..

I myself, turning 49 next week find myself not being competitive in Opens.... got SMASHED a few times but in Masters ive got (2) 2nd place finishes..... decided to just compete in Masters til I retire.... but fact is, I do it cuz I love it...nothing to do with money...however, I feel the purses should increase in Masters... doesn't seem fair

There's no Masters Pro Cards and Open Pro Cards..... Theres only 1 Pro Card.... Masters athletes can compete in Opens …. there's hardly ANY money is Masters shows....only Opens.... Masters shows that do offer a cash purse are VERY small....Lets take Pittsburgh Masters for example (this one costs $225 per entry I believe) 1st Pl is $1000...… I spend more in airfare, hotel and tanning than if I friggin WON... THAT shit is absurd..

I myself, turning 49 next week find myself not being competitive in Opens.... got SMASHED a few times but in Masters ive got (2) 2nd place finishes..... decided to just compete in Masters til I retire.... but fact is, I do it cuz I love it...nothing to do with money...however, I feel the purses should increase in Masters... doesn't seem fair

Thanks for that response. Very helpful. Love for competing is first. I will test the waters and if, as you said, I get smashed, maybe just compete in the masters until it is time to call it quits. Not sure if I will ever arrive at that place but who knows.

this is total bullshit and a completely false statement

I dont know where you get your opinions from, but its just that- opinion...oh and again, its wrong

I based on statistics and observation.

In general, not only the masters, but the guys of many weight categories, win their pro card but they do not even get to debut as pros. That's why we see that despite the fact that the number of pro cards has increased, we do not see so many new guys competing year after year. I'm talking about open especially, but it also happens in 212.

I based on statistics and observation.

In general, not only the masters, but the guys of many weight categories, win their pro card but they do not even get to debut as pros. That's why we see that despite the fact that the number of pro cards has increased, we do not see so many new guys competing year after year. I'm talking about open especially, but it also happens in 212.

1.guys get their pro cards in 212? then decide they are finished?

2. guys that dont compete, that earn their cards, make the decision based on not wanting to loose?

3. "guys dont get to make their pro debut?" like there are powers that be that stop them? or is this your "observation" that they just know they will loose?

4. who keeps statistics and where do you find such information?

i dont know anything about you, but youre behaving like an armchair quarterback that sounds ridiculous. you should just stop

btw the reigning mr o is 43.. maybe he is afraid of loosing and should just do maters from now on, well, because he is over 35 and the statistics show

When more pro cards are delivered (as last years) the level of new pros is lower. Therefore, most have the card but do not have the level to be competitive.

In the 90's, you could win your pro card and the next year be competing in the MO. Today, that is impossible.

Look at Cody Montgomery, a brilliant boy as an amateur, with a lot of hype and publicity, he can not compete successfully in the open.

When more pro cards are delivered (as last years) the level of new pros is lower. Therefore, most have the card but do not have the level to be competitive.

In the 90's, you could win your pro card and the next year be competing in the MO. Today, that is impossible.

Look at Cody Montgomery, a brilliant boy as an amateur, with a lot of hype and publicity, he can not compete successfully in the open.

exaclty
4 questions listed. not one answer.

you come back with cody montgomery.?wow
also the level of new pros is lower.
another amazing statement.

Thanks. I also found the North Ameria Championships.

2018 NPC North American Championships | NPC News Online

That is three shows so far.
Masters nationals I believe the winner in each class of each age category earn a pro card. At north Americans master class' (where I received my pro card). You have to win your weight class then the overall in that age division. So pick your show wisely depending on your goal and how difficult you would like your shot at pro being.

Good to know. Probably calling the promoter and making sure is the best route. For instance I thought if you won your class at the North Amercians that was enough for pro card. But you said in the show you won you have to win the overall.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner