over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ONLY CHANGE WAS GOING TO GRASS FED BEEF

PHIL HERNON

Banned
.I HAVE BEEN EATING TONS OF GRASS FED BEEF...........CHOLESTEROL WENT FROM 199 TO 160.............HDL FROM 27 TO 30.........LDL FROM 130 TO 106.............TRIGLYCERIDES FROM 168 TO 118..... .........LIVER ALT IS 35, AST IS 19.....

.I HAVE BEEN EATING TONS OF GRASS FED BEEF...........CHOLESTEROL WENT FROM 199 TO 160.............HDL FROM 27 TO 30.........LDL FROM 130 TO 106.............TRIGLYCERIDES FROM 168 TO 118..... .........LIVER ALT IS 35, AST IS 19.....
Correct me if I am wrong here Phil, I thought you did not eat musch beef. Mainly chicken and LBA's? I remember reading this in a post of yours a while back! In any case I believe grass fed beef to be superior to grain fed. It is what they would naturally eat while roaming and grazing!! grass fed also produces the best milk as well. Those are some pretty good drops in your blood triglycerides bro. Gotta be happy with that. :D I guess the question is will it help with your training? I know you are not too concerned with getting big......or I should say bigger, but any improvements are good ........yes?

So what's a good place to get grass fed? Do u get it online or?

I feel cheated.

Meredith raises Angus. The only thing they eat from the time they hit the ground to slaughter is range grass. I get all that beef free. I am such a cheap bastard that it's the only red meat I eat.

I haven't been as lucky as you are Phil. I've been with Meredith for 14 years and I have to watch my cholesterol levels.

So you must be "grass fed beef" responder!

I SWITCHED AND INCRESED RAW MILK ALSO AND MINE GOT WORSE....

MY BODY IS JUST ALL SCREWED UP...:confused:

My experience was just like Phil's. Added in 6 whole eggs a day (pastured and organic) 8 oz of beef, reduced refined sugars...and very very similar results...

JM

I SWITCHED AND INCRESED RAW MILK ALSO AND MINE GOT WORSE....

MY BODY IS JUST ALL SCREWED UP...:confused:

Was the beef grain finished? Did you cut down your sugars and hydrogenated fats,etc. Some people add in the good stuff on top of their previous diet, and it doesn;t help. You have to replace the other stuff, with the good stuff...if that makes sense..lol..

JM

Does the grass fed beef taste any different? I was talking to a friend at work about switching over, and it was mentioned that it tasted bad, almost gamey?

Nice....I wish I had access to the kind of meat over here :(

Does the grass fed beef taste any different? I was talking to a friend at work about switching over, and it was mentioned that it tasted bad, almost gamey?

it does, but it's hard to explain how it tastes differently, all i can really say is that it tastes how beef was supposed to taste way back in the day

To both Phil and John,
About how much time did it take so see those improvements on your labs? I'm going on a few months of grass fed beef and am about to get my labs done.

Last edited:
Does grain finishing (the last 6 months), significantly change it's beneficial qualities?

The taste alone is reason enough for me to opt for grass fed beef. It taste 10 times better, not gamey at all, just a nice clean beef flavor vs. no flavor from the corn version.

Unfortunately the supermarkets in my area do not carry grass fed beef. I know it is sold online, and can anyone recommend an online store? Are there any online stores that i should steer clear of? Thanks MTJ ..I forgot..is the meat frash enough to eat raw? I know I am going to get clobbered for that, but i love FRESH raw meat.

The taste alone is reason enough for me to opt for grass fed beef. It taste 10 times better, not gamey at all, just a nice clean beef flavor vs. no flavor from the corn version.

Yes, and it's funny to hear it. When meat actually tastes like meat people say it tastes gamey. I guess your pallet gets used the washed out corn fed taste. And real meat tastes foreign.

Yes, and it's funny to hear it. When meat actually tastes like meat people say it tastes gamey. I guess your pallet gets used the washed out corn fed taste. And real meat tastes foreign.

OJS....you look f'in AWSOME brother!

ITS CRAZY EXPENSIVE EVERY WERE I LOOK. JUST CANT PAY WHAT THERE ASKING.

Grass fed beef huh... For those who have made the switch, I have a question. How does the grass fed beef compare to the grain fed as far as TASTE goes??

I have talked to my family members regarding this because my Mom's side is heavy into farming. They said that grain fed tastes MUCH BETTER than grass. Have you guys noticed this? My uncle was talking about how much better his beef was (strictly speaking taste, that he raised) because of the protein mix in the food he gave them. He said it was much better overall quality than grass fed.

I dont have much knowledge on the matter, but you guys are comparing grass to grain right? Or is it grass compared to corn fed? How many different kinds are there?

Edit: Now I see you guys are saying the opposite, that grass fed tastes better? I'm confused now lol

Last edited:

Makes sense - way different ratio of omega-3's to omega-6's.

It is a bit pricey, but then again everything worth ANYTHING costs a pretty penny usually. IMO, it does taste a bit gamey, but as OJS eluded to, I believe it is simply because we have been "conditioned" over the years to think that beef should taste like typical store-bought beef (JUNK). I'm currently on Big A's competition diet, eating 6 oz. daily grass-fed beef for one of my protein meals and I feel good. No labs, but it's still early on (8 days in). After finishing this diet I will be adding in dairy via raw milk as well. In addition, I'll be eating 6 whole free-range eggs and utilizing grass fed butter and coconut oil as JM suggests. NATURAL is the way to go! American (and just human, in general) greed has forced upon us foods today that are laden with all kinds of bullshit. It's no wonder people of today have so many health issues.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws