over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Operation went well!

ironserenity

Registered
I had my hernia oepration yesterday. Triple hernia repair. Then, when they filled me up with gas for laproendoscopic surgery they found that the ultrasound showed bound muscle tissue in the inguinal canal, not hernias! So I only had to get my umbilical hernia fixed... Granted my umbilical hernia was the largest one (about 2.5 inches) and was constantly making me nautious.

Anyhow, very very sore and very dingy from vicodin, but just lettin everyone know it went well, and now I get to rest for a while! I suppose I need to adjust my diet accordingly and probably take in as much BCAA's as possible. In two weeks I can lift light weights. In the mean time, after the initial recovery, I amd going to work forearms a lot as it doesnt require too much if any abdominal contraction. Thanks to all those who gave me support through my first operation. I'm already flat, but it really is the least of my worries right now. However any input on what I can do to minimize muscle loss and fat gain, PLEASE let me know!

Good to hear it is all going well. Just relax for a while now.
In terms of the muscle loss. It has to be expected. I will say that on the other threads you had the BEST people give you the BEST answers already about what to expect. I remember Phil making a point about if you ever decide to compete how the loss of muscle will effect you mentaly and some of the other guys who made some great points about it already.

Last edited:
Yep.

As a matter of fact, this is how I view it.

Bodybuilding is an obsessive sport. It takes a certain level of obsessive compulsive disorder to be as dilligent as most of us here are. However there is a peak at which the obsession becomes stressful. It is at this point in which you are ultimately doing yourself more damage (mentally and physically) then good.

So with that said. I want to make it exceptionally clear that I am going to enjoy this rest to its full potential! But At the same time a decent level of discipline is in order to maintain as much as I can without interrupting my rest.

I already have it engraved in my head so well with how often to eat and what not, that it's not really going to be a chore, even when I'm recovering. I just know that there are going to be somethings that need to be altered.

So let this post go without lectures about how bodybuilding will consume me forever, because if you read what I just wrote, you know I don't need to hear it. I'm here for support from all my brothers in iron, That, is what makes me recover faster! Thanks everyone!

As a matter of fact, this is how I view it.

Bodybuilding is an obsessive sport. It takes a certain level of obsessive compulsive disorder to be as dilligent as most of us here are. However there is a peak at which the obsession becomes stressful. It is at this point in which you are ultimately doing yourself more damage (mentally and physically) then good.

So with that said. I want to make it exceptionally clear that I am going to enjoy this rest to its full potential! But At the same time a decent level of discipline is in order to maintain as much as I can without interrupting my rest.

I already have it engraved in my head so well with how often to eat and what not, that it's not really going to be a chore, even when I'm recovering. I just know that there are going to be somethings that need to be altered.

So let this post go without lectures about how bodybuilding will consume me forever, because if you read what I just wrote, you know I don't need to hear it. I'm here for support from all my brothers in iron, That, is what makes me recover faster! Thanks everyone!
Good post Iron!
I for one will not give you any lectures. You seem to always come from the heart. That’s good! But it can also make the tough love some of the guys will give seem a lot harder or more of a lecture than they mean it to be. (I am not trying to label you or give a lecture you don’t already know as much as I am just saying my thoughts out loud for MY own benefit). All I mean to say is if you (for example) ask what to expect in terms of muscle loss and it is a topic causing you a lot of stress right now you might take some of the answers as being hard on you.
When I am stressed about something I usually post something opposite of my feelings to get my mind on something different. I usually start an off topic thread or become Santa Clause for a while, anything to get my stress off and my mind on something else.

Precisely

Good post Iron!
I for one will not give you any lectures. You seem to always come from the heart. That’s good! But it can also make the tough love some of the guys will give seem a lot harder or more of a lecture than they mean it to be. (I am not trying to label you or give a lecture you don’t already know as much as I am just saying my thoughts out loud for MY own benefit). All I mean to say is if you (for example) ask what to expect in terms of muscle loss and it is a topic causing you a lot of stress right now you might take some of the answers as being hard on you.
When I am stressed about something I usually post something opposite of my feelings to get my mind on something different. I usually start an off topic thread or become Santa Clause for a while, anything to get my stress off and my mind on something else.

You said it. Because of the way I speak (blatant and from the heart) I make myself very vulnerable and sensitive to what people have to say. And it is nice that you see that because when I do speak (or type) in such a manner I am trying to be as sincere as possible and when someone comes at me with a reply that is just 'tough love' it really hits me hard and essentially makes upset, and thus begins a viscious circle. The fact is, I consider myself a smart kid and I'm working towards a psychology major, so I really indulge in the psycho-analytical aspect of what people say. So that is just my style.

But this post is to serve as an update to those who were wishing me luck through my surgery and to thank everyone for their support! Thanks!

thats great new that you didnt have the inguinal hernias. For me, those caused the most pain. I hope your recovery is swift. Just be very careful when you go back to the gym, use pain as your guide.

Good news! Just relax and enjoy the rest. You have your whole life to train, eat and get bigger.....but you cant do that if you dont let yourself properly heal.

Good news Iron. Just relax and enjoy the cruise brother. Have you tried LBA's yet? I believe these could help you big time while recovering and will at the very least spare a ton of muscle while not training. Just PM Phil Hernon here at ProMuscle and he will hook you up. You will be just fine. You have the discipline required to make it through any situation. Just don't stress. You'll be back firing on all eight cylinders soon enough. Glad to hear it all went well.

Glad to hear your surgery went well, IronSerenity.

I had one above my navel operated on when I was 17. So, I've been there. Just don't push too hard too soon. Like MainEvent said, you've got your whole life to train and grow. Don't mess it up being in a hurry.

You'll be back before you know it and that much stronger from going through the experience. I wish you a speedy recovery as well. :)

Rest up bro. 6-8 weeks is only a drop in the bucket that you will barely recall if you recover slowly and intelligently. but if you push it, you'll surely remember it forever!! take it easy, rest up, and watch the diet.

Oldfella beat me to it, I was going to tell you that the best way to keep muscle is to get some LBA's! I have been out of the gym for 5 weeks now thanks to fluid being stuck in my ears, and I have just kept taking a 1/2 bottle of LBA's daily and eating clean and my weight has only gone down 2 lbs.

Good luck on recovery and muscle memory is the best...
Rest up and obliterate the iron when you get back at it...
I will reply to your pm soon, i unfortunately have been recovering at work from 2 weeks off and damn im swamped...
peace, and good to see things went well bro..
BTW, i really am impressed with your mature attitude towards this lil hiccup for you...good on ya..

Thanks guys! It sure is nice to have all this support! Well... Surgery makes you lose weight no matter what, just the stress on your body and so forth. I am down a good 15-20 lbs already, at least. I'm not complaining at all, I'm accepting. Just being honest, I look damn small, and it happened fast, which I guess just means its water and carbs... but surprisingly, this surgery dropped an inch off my waist, I think the constant bloating from my hernia made my abdomen more swollen, and now its a little smaller, kinda nice!

I just dont think I can afford LBAs right now.... I really wish I could :( I just paid my tuition for the semester and Im broke for a little bit... Do you guys really think they would help me a lot???

Best regards

BTW-- does vicodin make you emotional?

Dude! I know, the constipation SUCKS!!! I'm slammin prunes, salad and fruit like mad as well as the prescription stool softeners and medimucil and I'm still constipated, but not being able to use my abdominals doesn't help at all either....

pussy...have someone wheel you into the gym on a wheel chair and do upper body! lol dont get depressed on how much size you look, dont even go anywhere near a scale. You will be fine. Eat clean so you dont get chubbo either.

ADD: Avoid family guy, simpsons, and all other funny movies...comedy can hurt at times like this lol

pussy...have someone wheel you into the gym on a wheel chair and do upper body! lol dont get depressed on how much size you look, dont even go anywhere near a scale. You will be fine. Eat clean so you dont get chubbo either.

ADD: Avoid family guy, simpsons, and all other funny movies...comedy can hurt at times like this lol

Hahah.. my thoughts exactly! Yea, the first few days after surgery I have no choice but to eat what is convenient... so it kind of sucks... but more or less, its been just a lot of salads with olive oil and vinegar.

Its kind of funny watching me shrink actually. I know it sounds crazy, but its been so long since I've seen myself with 18 inch arms and what not, I can't help but sort of giggle a bit. I know taht when the time comes I will get it back and hopefully it will be denser when I do... I think tomorrow I can go for a walk without too much pain... that will be nice.

Hahah.. my thoughts exactly! Yea, the first few days after surgery I have no choice but to eat what is convenient... so it kind of sucks... but more or less, its been just a lot of salads with olive oil and vinegar.

Its kind of funny watching me shrink actually. I know it sounds crazy, but its been so long since I've seen myself with 18 inch arms and what not, I can't help but sort of giggle a bit. I know taht when the time comes I will get it back and hopefully it will be denser when I do... I think tomorrow I can go for a walk without too much pain... that will be nice.

How bout have sex? LOL. You can suck it up, my boy did it with a broken tailbone during wrestling season! I doubt your surgery hurts as much as a broken tailbone lol. Talk about wanting it haha. His gf was nice enough to climb on top for months haha

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131