over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Opinion on bloodwork

So many things I could comment on. You have to be careful who you listen to on an internet forum. As some of the guys stated you are fine you just need to take extra care. I will list some thoughts...

Blood work is after 3 months of 250mg test. What about blood work in the middle of a heavy blast? Do you get it and if so how are things? It could look much worse in the middle of a blast. I recommend not just getting blood work when off and getting it in the middle of blasting as it pains a clearer overall picture of your health.

Up your astragulus to approx 8g per day. Grape seed extract is another useful supp. As is pycnogenol which you mentioned.

How is your blood pressure now? You really need to get on top of this even when cruising.

You will have to be careful with hgh usage in the future. Maybe run 4iu per day (2/2) instead of 8iu. I would also add a little slin to your hgh injs as well to help matters.

Your HCT need monitoring very closely. You could give blood. You could lower your cruise dose. The issue is say it goes down to 50 what will it be after 6 weeks of blasting again. So I would monitor things. You are a pro and compete so I understand using 250mg test off cycle but that may need to be looked at in the future. Although the 8iu HGH (dropped 6 weeks ago) would have done some damage so I am sure if you carry on as you are (250mg test) with the added supps things should look much better in a few months time.

your creatinine is a bit high, if it starts to creep up I would worry, just keep it where it is or lower. gotta get the blood pressure in check or the kidneys won't last forever, thats a must. I wouldn't rely on a supplement, medication if needed, cardio, lose weight, don't eat excessive protein (eat what you need but its not a bad idea for kidney health to not over do the protein, carbs and fat are anabolic too). Real food if you can, a doc once told me to stop supplements my creatine would be fine and she was correct, all I did was drop protein powders and supplements and my creatinine dropped to normal. she said real food protein was fine, this was consistent with what she saw in her crossfire athletes too. definitely do not use CREATIINE. always suspected this was a kidney killer, search its effect on kidneys. also stay hydrated and watch potassium and sodium intake.

kidneys must be kept healthy but I wouldn't freak out just mostly get blood pressure normal and use common sense, stay away from var.

I just wanted to post creatine is not a kidney killer at all. Obviously there are so many variables to this though. If a guy takes creatine and eats a surplus of calories and gets really big holding tonnes of water his bp may rise and overtime that is a kidney killer. Creatine itself is not a kidney killer at all though.

Many studies have shown it to be safe for the kidneys. They have even done studies with people with kidney disease and in the short term (over 1 month usage) no adverse effects were noted. Granted there have been no long term studies done on people with kidney disease. There are plenty of long term studies done on healthy people though. But you just use some common sense. Obviously if I had kidney disease I wouldn't be taking creatine or eating high protein but for the majority both of those things are totally fine. There are always variables and I am not stating creatine can't contribute to health issues. However to state creatine is a kidney killer is just complete exaggerated nonsense.

https://examine.com/nutrition/does-creatine-cause-kidney-problems/

As posted someone having slightly elevated creatinine levels does not mean their kidney are fucked. It's fairly common in bodybuilders and athletes. Of course if creatinine is elevated things need to be monitored and dietary adjushments can be made (like you did yourself) to bring it back down.

Last edited:
I’m going to try and really stay on top of my BP. I have Carditone, Lisinopril and Telmisartan on hand. I also have an extra large cuff for my machine at home. This is also so frustrating because I was enjoying this great rebound after my last show in July. I was the heaviest I’ve ever been still acceptably lean and just using 250 test and GH. I had planned on growing a little then maybe doing one or two pro shows and then dialing it back as I’m 43 and no reason to be pushing things at this point. Here are some data points I pulled for previous lab work. My creatinine levels have generally been high but my eGFR has somewhat steadily dropped. There is one period where everything looked much improved. I wish I had notes as to what I was doing then. I guess I’m not clear how much I should be worried about a GFR that is at the bottom of the range. I’ve quadrupled my dose of Astragalus, doubled Carditone and adding in pycnogenol as well.

Date eGFR Creatinine

10/25/19 65 1.35
5/1/19 68 1.28
1/11/19 78 1.15 <<< Strange improvement here
11/12/18 65 1.33
9/5/18 70 1.26
3/12/18 68 1.29
5/8/17 86 1.07
1/26/17 84 1.10
8/25/16 75 1.21
11/19/15 73 1.24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to try and really stay on top of my BP. I have Carditone, Lisinopril and Telmisartan on hand. I also have an extra large cuff for my machine at home. This is also so frustrating because I was enjoying this great rebound after my last show in July. I was the heaviest I’ve ever been still acceptably lean and just using 250 test and GH. I had planned on growing a little then maybe doing one or two pro shows and then dialing it back as I’m 43 and no reason to be pushing things at this point. Here are some data points I pulled for previous lab work. My creatinine levels have generally been high but my eGFR has somewhat steadily dropped. There is one period where everything looked much improved. I wish I had notes as to what I was doing then. I guess I’m not clear how much I should be worried about a GFR that is at the bottom of the range. I’ve quadrupled my dose of Astragalus, doubled Carditone and adding in pycnogenol as well.

Date eGFR Creatinine

10/25/19 65 1.35
5/1/19 68 1.28
11/12/18 65 1.33
9/5/18 70 1.26
3/12/18 68 1.29
5/8/17 86 1.07
1/26/17 84 1.10
8/25/16 75 1.21
11/19/15 73 1.24

I have learned that any blood work numbers that go off the average of a few different number of things, to pretty much throw them out. if ones off for what ever reason that day it will give you false data in most cases. So many factors that can throw off one of the variables and then the whole average is fucked.

Looking over the last few year of kidney fiction there is a trend to ME. The trend is your friend, so this could be genetic because of the consistency of the number. I think what everyone is saying is that you just need to keep an eye on it if your going to continue doing what you do. See that is what causes all to argue is that we do t know everything exactly that you are or arnt doing. So get that blood test that was stats above that’s a more specific then just egfr.

* just a side not you maybe of been facing these numbers regardless of anything you are using just by genetics so I would put that pressure on yourself but I think we all just want you to be healthy and watch your BP. All your other number look great and you are smart enough to stop when something is wrong(your high glucoses, that you now got fixed)

Last edited:

Date eGFR Creatinine

10/25/19 65 1.35
5/1/19 68 1.28
11/12/18 65 1.33
9/5/18 70 1.26
3/12/18 68 1.29
5/8/17 86 1.07
1/26/17 84 1.10
8/25/16 75 1.21
11/19/15 73 1.24

What is your bp now on a typical day? Some people get some side effects when they take 2 tabs+ of carditone daily. My nose is runny constantly (common) on 2 tabs per day. My bp is never really bad but can be borderline high. As a result I was using 1 carditone tab and 80mg Telmisartan with good effect. I also use other supps (grape seed extract, hawthorn Berry etc) that can have a beneficial effect on bp as well. Astragulus is another supplement that has been shown to lower blood pressure in many studies. So if your bp isn't that high just be careful with what you add in as you may drop your bp too fast. It's worth noting astragulus should also increase haemoglobin levels so keep an eye on all your rbc markers after you jump up in dose. I assume you are going from 2g to 8g? I use 8g myself as it's 1 daily serving of the product I use (Supplement Needs Astrag-Flow).

I just wanted to post creatine is not a kidney killer at all. Obviously there are so many variables to this though. If a guy takes creatine and eats a surplus of calories and gets really big holding tonnes of water his bp may rise and overtime that is a kidney killer. Creatine itself is not a kidney killer at all though.

Many studies have shown it to be safe for the kidneys. They have even done studies with people with kidney disease and in the short term (over 1 month usage) no adverse effects were noted. Granted there have been no long term studies done on people with kidney disease. There are plenty of long term studies done on healthy people though. But you just use some common sense. Obviously if I had kidney disease I wouldn't be taking creatine or eating high protein but for the majority both of those things are totally fine. There are always variables and I am not stating creatine can't contribute to health issues. However to state creatine is a kidney killer is just complete exaggerated nonsense.

https://examine.com/nutrition/does-creatine-cause-kidney-problems/

As posted someone having slightly elevated creatinine levels does not mean their kidney are fucked. It's fairly common in bodybuilders and athletes. Of course if creatinine is elevated things need to be monitored and dietary adjushments can be made (like you did yourself) to bring it back down.

agree with most of what you said. to be hones I can't recall where I heard that creatine was bad for the kidneys (may have been a doctor, or online), but I do recall wherever I heard it, it was more than 1 place, I recall thinking "this is legit info". It could have been that creatine is bad for kidneys if they are already compromised (which I may argue that most of us have to some degree) or what the mechanism is that creatine could possibly be bad for the kidneys. I would just be careful overall like you said, once someone has kidney issues then it becomes more tricky. I wish we had a better test for kidney function as creatinine in a CBC and urine protein seem to typically indicate kidney damage, but at the same time bodybuilders can have them elevated and be fine in many cases (dehydration, just weighing more can cause it to rise.

But we should definitely all keep an eye on creatinine numbers, we don't want it to look like this over time..1.1......1.3.....1.4.....1.7....2.0,,that would not be good lol. I think around 1.3 or 1.4 is acceptable for a big guy who is training hard, pounding the protein,,but if BP is like 140/84 and it ever comes back 1.45, 1.6, start to worry a little. I think my most recent one was 1.1, the highest it has ever been was like 1.6 and that was worrisome, I definitely had to make some changes.

Date eGFR Creatinine

10/25/19 65 1.35
5/1/19 68 1.28
11/12/18 65 1.33
9/5/18 70 1.26
3/12/18 68 1.29
5/8/17 86 1.07
1/26/17 84 1.10
8/25/16 75 1.21
11/19/15 73 1.24

id say if it gets over 1.4 maybe get some more testing,,just be smart and keep the BP in check, keep hydrated, etc. Focus on that I bet it goes down next time, hopefully next time can be back in the 1.2's or 1.1s. I wouldn't worry about your egfr that, I believe, is a number they are projecting based on your creatinine. meaning it is not a real number, all they are doing is taking your creatanine number and using it to approximate what your gfr is. hence the "E" in EGFR, it believe it sands for estimate.

notice how every time your creatinine goes down (good) your egfr goes up, and the opposite. all they are doing is taking your creatinine (a real number they are getting from your bloodwork) and plugging it into a formula and giving you an estimate of your GFR. They are not actually testing your GFR, just your creatinine. It is possible that your creatinine could be very bad but your GFR (the important number) Is good, and vice versa

GFR tells kidney function, creatine (and EGFR) just estimates GFR.

I could test at 1.99 creatinine tomorrow and you could test at 1.01, but we could then go get an actual GFR and I could be at 99 and you could be at 45. It's only an estimate. If that makes sense.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws