over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Opinions about fasting for fat loss?

tourniquet

Newbies
Thing is I have been dieting about year.. oh.. allmost two, really. Not all the time continuously and strictly obviously but most of it anyway. Two years I have been doing IF, wich is great and has worked for fat loss and actually have gained some muscle during these mostly hypocaloric two years. I eat usually "clean" paleo kind of thing; fish, meat, veggies, some potato here and there.. maybe risecakes with lots of ham and cheese top of them something like that is regular food for me. Also some milk products. Usually a first meal or two of the day are whey shakes (50g of protein) and afrer those follow meat in evening. I have been calculated only my proteins and it has usually been about 150-250g/day over two years. Anything else I haven't calculated but trusted my intuition and have been going in right direction (gained muscle, lost fat) but kind of slowly. That hasn't bothered me much but now that I'm on my final steps of my journey I have a will to get rid of this last "mohican" stubborn fat FAST so that I can finally after two years of dieting concentrate on muscle building again!:)

So I started at 2011 at about little over 260lbs and maybe 20-30%(?) of fat. Then after a year I was about 230lbs and much more ripped and more muscular. Even so that some bodybuilder asked about half year ago me when I was on t-shirt: "You use gh right? You don't have fat anywhere!" Truth is my arms looked they don't contain any fat but my midsection and face was a different story. Not that anyone notice it when I'm on t-shirt but there it was.

So I continued dieting and now I have come so close to see my abs without any fat on them that I want to finish my diet to see them very ripped.

So I've been fasting now. First five days then refeeding with some + calories three days. After that I started fasting again and now I'm thinkin maybe I should fast as long as I see those abs ripped. Maybe 7-15 days?

Question1: Should I add clenbuterol to my fast to boost fat burning?
I use testo and deca at the moment (250mg + 400mg week + 5mg winstrol/day) to maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss.

Question2: Should I add some amount of t3 (25ug?) with/without clenbuterol? If I add small amount what I've understood it wouldn't cause much of muscle loss even in fasted state especially when there is anabolics and possibly (?) clen with them.

What do you think about this fasting weight loss anyway? I've read some studies and protein loss is minimal. Especially longer you have fasted some study concluded it would be as little as 10-20g/day! Some other study implicated it would be way under way under 100g/d (propably about 50g) in 30-day water fast. Also if you have anabolics to spare muscle protein body is forced to find other sources wich would be to my knoledge glycerol from fat and lactic acid. Also waste proteins and other organs wich anabolic doesn't protect (liver, bones etc.) Also some studies has (if member correctly now) implicated that muscle will grove even without protein/calories (eating).

Also according to studies, after fasting you will gain lean mass with isocaloric diet very efficiently but not fat. So that maybe in few weeks I would have same muscle mass I started with.

At least from my last fast I think I didn't loose muscle much of anything. Allmost pure fat loss.

Thank you, if someone has some input.

yikes. WHY?

if your saying i cant eat for longer than 2-3 hours... thats crazy talk. :cool:
my wife wouldnt even let me do that. LOL:p
-JS

Glad uve seen results, so ur super eating for 3 days and fasting for 5?

There are so many ways to fast, 1 day a week, 2 days, 1/2 day fast, warrior diet, leangains and sooo many ways todo it,

If it were me id check into both lean gains and the warrior diet, both allow foods each day after a certain amount of fasting each day, 18-20 hrs, fast followed by small meals with help with any muscle loss and any fatigue,

Thats my .02 anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I do is heavy breakfast, heavy lunch and just protein after lunch, till 5 , no solid foods after 5 only 3 protein shakes!

--bigm

What I do is heavy breakfast, heavy lunch and just protein after lunch, till 5 , no solid foods after 5 only 3 protein shakes!

--bigm

seems like you'd be better off having 25 or so grams of protein from a lean protein source (lean beef or chicken) plus one scoop of protein per meal for those last three meals.

Fasting has been the greatest nutritional find for me personally to stay lean year round.

I started with **broken link removed** back in jan 2012 to knock my bodyfat down to 6-7% and im still using the same eating schedule (now with higher macros and alot of shittier free foods post training) and maintaining the same bodyfat level.

I even follow the same eating schedule when i go abroad on holidays and over christmas period etc.

Fasting starts at 20.30hours after my final meal then i break the fast at 12.30 the next day.

i always fast at least 14 hours a day no matter if bulking or cutting and it works really well, plus i can actually be full once a day when im cutting, lol.

i wouldnt fast 5 days in a row though. do you mean you dont eat AT ALL for 5 days or even longer?
if so, testosterone and deca are really bad choices because they both increase protein turnover. that means they increase protein synthesis AND protein degradation (muscle loss). theyre both strong anabolics so the protein synthesis increase is greater than the protein degradation increase.
but if you dont eat at ALL for a couple days in a row you can be SURE to lose A LOT of muscle.

if youre ready for it, tren would probably a better choice for multiple day fasts, because tren DEcreases protein turnover (it strongly decreases protein degradation, but also decreases protein synthesis which many people dont know).

Do you think the fasting is the key or do you think the way you are eating is having you eat less overall calories ? I have read some things about fasting and it intrigues me. I remember reading an article years ago about just total calories in a 24 hour period. The one constant for the total calories was that it was healthy food broken into 3 meals not just anything. That would seem to be very convenient give you could eat your "allotted" food intake whenever as long as you didn't go over the amount.

IMO if u wanna see good results, without fear of losing muscle mass, should go for IF(intermitent fasting), minimum hours on fast 16. so u can go for 16/8 or 18/6...etc

and depending on the training(heavy, strength) u might see some good changes on just maintaning kcals.
Question1: Should I add clenbuterol to my fast to boost fat burning?
I use testo and deca at the moment (250mg + 400mg week + 5mg winstrol/day) to maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss.

Question2: Should I add some amount of t3 (25ug?) with/without clenbuterol? If I add small amount what I've understood it wouldn't cause much of muscle loss even in fasted state especially when there is anabolics and possibly (?) clen with them.

Q1, if u really have some stubborn fat, yes. but before try IF.

Q2, starting, try with just one, either clen or T3, i would do clen, then use T3 in the last stage.

GL :D

I don't eat after 5pm and the next meal is after the gym in the morning around 930am.would this be considered fasting since up sleeping through most of it?
ThAt equals 16 and a half hours.

I don't eat after 5pm and the next meal is after the gym in the morning around 930am.would this be considered fasting since up sleeping through most of it?
ThAt equals 16 and a half hours.

Yes, that is basically how leangains is scheduled for morning workouts people.

I have never heard of tren decreasing protein sysnthesis. I've heard quite the oppossite. That's its one of the best lean bulkers ever if you can eat enough but its also a fantastic protein sparing agent

I think Fasting is about the greatest find next to what they found after the bull got done eating------SHIT! This is not the best method for weight loss John Meadows agrees as so does Shelby. Eat to loose Eat to gain simple.:lightbulb: Why would I want to be hungry when I can be full:confused:

ive always wondered how long it would take to start losing muscle.
Say you dont eat for 24 hours. will you lose muscle? IF not, what about 48, ect?? I really wonder how long it takes to start losing it

i honestly think its a terrible idea....

I think Fasting is about the greatest find next to what they found after the bull got done eating------SHIT! This is not the best method for weight loss John Meadows agrees as so does Shelby. Eat to loose Eat to gain simple.:lightbulb: Why would I want to be hungry when I can be full:confused:

not to say Mr. O's r rocket scientists BUT do any of them fast?

i like to use logic in most aspects of life.
it is not logical to want to suport over-normal amounts of muscle and NOT eat.......
-JS

I think its a good tool for endomorphs. Mr. O's are usually the guys blessed with excellent insulin sensitivity and are mesomorphs.

AT THE LONGEST, I will fast for around 24 hrs but then have a large meal.

If you are on gear, you are NOT going to lose muscle from not having a meal in 16-24 hrs.

Seriously, before people start bashing with this "eat to lose? i want to be full" crap...please try this before you tell me it's bullshit.

I've dieted with 6+ meals a day and I've dieted with doing a couple 24 fasts and the rest of the week 12-16 hr Leangains stylish...both got me lean. Fasting got me leaner a little quicker without wasting any muscle.

It's also really helped me stay around 12% at my heaviest....I would always drift higher than that and get a little pudge when chillin in the offseason, some fasting has really helped me keep myself trim.

I think it tends to help people when dieting because its easier to plan out 2-3 meals in an 8 hour window than 5-6 spread out. I've tried it and personally haven't seen the results everyone talks about... but if it works for them then thats good and they should keep doing it. To me it is illogical because I feel like the body can only take in so much at one time.. I don't know the science behind it and I could be wrong, but when I eat a very large meal I feel very full/bloated and just think there is no way my body can utilize all of that for muscles and energy, so then it gets stored as fat for the time being.

Even though you may be in a caloric deficit, if your body only needs 500 calories for energy and to feed your muscles and you eat 1000 then the rest is stored as fat until its burned off once you're hungry again..

Idk if that makes sense as I have trouble getting my thoughts into words but thats just my opinion.. if you can get into a fat burning state through a calorie deficit then keep it there, instead of trying to jump in and out...

Ha I hope that makes sense

not to say Mr. O's r rocket scientists BUT do any of them fast?

i like to use logic in most aspects of life.
it is not logical to want to suport over-normal amounts of muscle and NOT eat.......
-JS

:yeahthat:I think when Haney Rambod,George Farrah,Shelby Starnes, John Meadows Start recommending this for their clients I will do it but until then if it aint broke don't fix it. Just seems slowing down your metabolism and having in consistent insulin levels in your body would not be good. Obviously anytime you eat less you prob will loose weight but once again why would you ever want to be hungry? I get angry when I miss meals:banghead: Tell ya what Shelby took my pre contest diet that I was doing added in more calories and I started to loose 4-5lbs per 5 days. 6 meals per day was the game plan;)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131