over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Opinions - offseason cardio/diet

IBdMfkr

Newbies
Been getting mixed opinions on this subject lately on various boards. But either way I'd like to put it out and get opinions/feedback on a few topics with detailed responses.

1. Do you feel dieting to an extreme, above maintenance calories in the off-season is needed to maximize muscle growth, what are the benefits/disadvantages to eating higher GI/higher sat fat foods from your personal experience and research?

2. Cardio - Is it necessary and when do you feel is the best time to utilize it in the off-season (considering an athlete is eating extremely clean, yet at least 500calories above maintenance every 2hrs during the day and rotating carbs)

EX: Using a HITT training routine w/ progressive resistance.

Sun: OFF (high carb)
Mon: W-out (med)
Tues: OFF (high)
Wed: W-out (med)
Thurs: OFF (high)
Fri: W-out (med)
Sat: OFF (low carb)

What days, times of day etc would you suggest doing cardio and how frequent.. the goal/experiment is to maintain a low bodyfat percentage and optimize LBM growth during the off-season as to eliminate the bad-fats storing within the fat cells but rather replace them with better/cleaner fats in their place to make dieting easier and a more chiseled stage presence.

Sorry for the length but I'm trying to spark an interesting discussion that I can't quite find an answer too or much relevant information..

Discuss/Opinions welcomed.
Thanks for the time.

I have done the "anything goes" diet, meaning about 2 "clean meals" a day (steak and yams etc..) and then burger and fries, pizza, weight gain shakes etc.... and I hated the outcome. The body doesnt function well when eating like this on regular basis. Your lethargic, low gym intensity, sometimes depressed and if bodyfat gets to high, lowers hormone levels. Right now I am eating pretty clean for off-season and am the same weight last year when eating like a moron, but with abs and veins everywhere. I feel like im much more efficient and happier eating clean. Basically I am eating every 2-3 hours smallish meals except sometimes post workout Ill eat a large portion. Fats are low, only from steak and there really is no carb cut-off, Im trickling in food all through the night, non stop. I do cardio every training day for 10 minutes pretty fast pace just to rev the metabolism and hunger, obviously not for fat-loss. However, Friday is my Dairy Queen night and I will have a blizzard after going out to dinner. THATS IT. Also, when your eating clean non-stop, you really dont get "cravings" for pizza and burgers too often and when you would give in, youll probably only eat 3 slices and maybe one burger since you should never let yourself get hungry off-season. I'll be happy to outline any other details of what im doing at the moment so feel free.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131