over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Opinions on building up more of a sweep to the quads

what is a good web site to order one of those rollers? I need to break down and get one. Heard so many good things about using them.

You and me both, need to find something in canada myself so shipping doesn't ruin my wallet.

I have followed this thread with great interest since I got the same problem as that of maldorf.The gym I am training at right now does not have a free squat so I get to do smith machine squats.Is my lack of development in my outer quads stemming from doing smith-machine squats instead of free squat?What is your opinion on this?Outer leg development-smith machine vs free squat.I am willing to change the gym even though it is 5 minutes away from where I live.

Ditto, Thi confirms what i had thought, I just need to go even narrower and perhaps even try the pigeon toe.

Today is leg day so I'll let you guys know how it feels tonight.

Thanks

Brock

I have followed this thread with great interest since I got the same problem as that of maldorf.The gym I am training at right now does not have a free squat so I get to do smith machine squats.Is my lack of development in my outer quads stemming from doing smith-machine squats instead of free squat?What is your opinion on this?Outer leg development-smith machine vs free squat.I am willing to change the gym even though it is 5 minutes away from where I live.

I will always believe that free squats are superior to smith. In fact I wouldnt ever use a smith, but I dont think it is going to make a difference in how it affects different parts of you thigh. Going narrower on the smith should still affect the outer thigh muscle more just like when you do a free squat.
I am still not sold on the theory that going narrow will give you more sweep, but am willing to give it a try. I did notice that Heinz Senior's trainer had him doing hack squats with his feet touching, and mentioned it was to build the sweep. Wish he would comment on this thread.

Last edited:
I absolutely believe that performing narrow stance squats and leg presses help to 'build' the vastus lateralis.

I too have genetically larger inner thighs and since I changed my stance to narrow (6-8"), feet pointing straight, I have vastly improved my sweep, to the point where it NO longer is a problem!

Leg extensions (pigeon toes) and DB lunges are good as well but nothing improves the sweep more than heavy "parallel" squats and leg presses, performed with a narrow stance and with your feet pointing straight forward (no angle from heel to toe).

JD~

I absolutely believe that performing narrow stance squats and leg presses help to 'build' the vastus lateralis.

I too have genetically larger inner thighs and since I changed my stance to narrow (6-8"), feet pointing straight, I have vastly improved my sweep, to the point where it NO longer is a problem!

Leg extensions (pigeon toes) and DB lunges are good as well but nothing improves the sweep more than heavy "parallel" squats and leg presses, performed with a narrow stance and with your feet pointing straight forward (no angle from heel to toe).

JD~

You sound pretty convincing. Well, tonight is leg night so Im going to hit it all a bit more narrow than normal. Hopefully my vastus lateralis will catch up in growth. Right now my adductors are huge, always getting chapped legs from them rubbing against each other. Mowing the lawn sucks, found wearing spandex pants under my shorts helps to eliminate some of the rawness that develops.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131